Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #1
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
Clint Eastwood Dealers

I was thinking about starting a thread labeled, "The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly Truth" containing dealer stories both good & bad from our ZL1 ordering.

There are already plenty of bad story threads.

This thread is to post about the good experiences you've had with dealers while ordering ZL1. If your experience was positive, give a gold star to your dealership here.

Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:26 AM   #2
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
With more hype going toward the dealers adding mark-ups and premiums, I think this is a great idea to take a break from some negativity and be thankful to those dealers who aren't trying to take advantage of us, enthusiasts. I'm a capitolist, but I can appreciate keeping the consumer in mind

KUDOS to this thread

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:43 AM   #3
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
With more hype going toward the dealers adding mark-ups and premiums, I think this is a great idea to take a break from some negativity and be thankful to those dealers who aren't trying to take advantage of us, enthusiasts. I'm a capitolist, but I can appreciate keeping the consumer in mind

KUDOS to this thread

Maybe im a dinosaur....but my word is as good as gold. Any dealer that changes the rules after he made an agreement is SCUM period!
He doesn't deserve your business.Just walk away my friend walk away!
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:53 AM   #4
Scarrzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappa Joe View Post
Maybe im a dinosaur....but my word is as good as gold. Any dealer that changes the rules after he made an agreement is SCUM period!
Honesty isn't dead yet, Pappa Joe. You have my

A couple of my Camaro Pals here at C5 saved the day for me when that happened to me. I'd rather drive a thousand miles and buy from an honest dealer. I believe I have one now, and I'll tell you all the story after I have my order number in hand.

Old 11-01-2011, 12:55 PM   #5
IOMZL1

Drives: 2015 Z/28 | 2017 Viper ACR Extreme
I really have to share a positive story here – I just got back from my ZL1 dealer, Dugan Chevrolet in Avon, IN. I’m working with Aaron Glaze who I’ve never met before this process started.

They went out of their way to make sure I’m satisfied with every single process of the order. I put down my $1000 deposit, we selected options, and I got confirmation of MSRP in writing. We did not place a quick order, nor do I have an order number, because they want to make sure the car is ordered EXACTLY how I want it with no room for error. As everyone knows the quick order form is a bit ambiguous at this time, so we basically got every option I want down in writing without entering it into the order system. They will watch the system for when their order is open to be submitted and we will solidify everything at that time. I am not worried at all about this.

I expressed concerns about delivery of the car (washing, etc.) and they bent over backwards to ease my concerns and offered to modify their procedure to ensure my car will be delivered in perfect shape. They even offered to introduce me to their technical staff and the people who will be handling the car once it gets delivered to the dealership. I was introduced to the owner of the dealership, JR Dugan, and they made me feel very special as their only ZL1 customer for 2012. On top of all this they explained their fees, which I think amounted to less than $200. They also explained how they value repeat customers, their reputation, and strive to get 100% positive feedback.

This is exactly the type of dealer I was hoping to find to complete my ZL1 experience and it is good to know that good dealers do exist with all of the negative stories of markup and dishonesty. For the first time I am excited… it seems real now and I’m sure with Dugan I’ll have a perfect ZL1 experience. For those of you who have had bad experiences – don’t give up, good dealers do exist and this is proof of that fact.
IOMZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
'StangBlaster5000

Drives: Waiting for the 2013 ZL1
Quote:
My feelings EXACTLY! They would lose my business for good!
'StangBlaster5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:03 PM   #7
Sevn86

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'StangBlaster5000 View Post
My feelings EXACTLY! They would lose my business for good!
Dude, you go through cars faster than I go through underware!!
1000 Initial Order 9/14/2009 - Classic Chevy Sugar Land
1100 Order accepted at dealer: 9/15/2009 - NPGV41.
2000 Order accepted by GM: 9/29/2009
3000 Accepted By Production Control: 9/30/2009 - TPW 10/26/09
3100 Sequenced:10/12/09
3300 Scheduled For Production:10/13/09
3400 Broadcast:10/22/09
3800 Produced:10/27/09
4000 Available To Ship:10/28/09
4200 Shipped:10/29/09
5000 Delivered To The Dealer:11/09/09
6000 Delivered To Customer:11/12/09
Sevn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:49 PM   #8
Scarrzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
I really have to share a positive story here – I just got back from my ZL1 dealer, Dugan Chevrolet in Avon, IN. I’m working with Aaron Glaze who I’ve never met before this process started.

They went out of their way to make sure I’m satisfied with every single process of the order. I put down my $1000 deposit, we selected options, and I got confirmation of MSRP in writing. We did not place a quick order, nor do I have an order number, because they want to make sure the car is ordered EXACTLY how I want it with no room for error. As everyone knows the quick order form is a bit ambiguous at this time, so we basically got every option I want down in writing without entering it into the order system. They will watch the system for when their order is open to be submitted and we will solidify everything at that time. I am not worried at all about this.

I expressed concerns about delivery of the car (washing, etc.) and they bent over backwards to ease my concerns and offered to modify their procedure to ensure my car will be delivered in perfect shape. They even offered to introduce me to their technical staff and the people who will be handling the car once it gets delivered to the dealership. I was introduced to the owner of the dealership, JR Dugan, and they made me feel very special as their only ZL1 customer for 2012. On top of all this they explained their fees, which I think amounted to less than $200. They also explained how they value repeat customers, their reputation, and strive to get 100% positive feedback.

This is exactly the type of dealer I was hoping to find to complete my ZL1 experience and it is good to know that good dealers do exist with all of the negative stories of markup and dishonesty. For the first time I am excited… it seems real now and I’m sure with Dugan I’ll have a perfect ZL1 experience. For those of you who have had bad experiences – don’t give up, good dealers do exist and this is proof of that fact.

Great to hear IOMZL1.

Kudos to Dugan at Avon.

Old 11-01-2011, 02:08 PM   #9
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarrzz View Post
Honesty isn't dead yet, Pappa Joe. You have my

A couple of my Camaro Pals here at C5 saved the day for me when that happened to me. I'd rather drive a thousand miles and buy from an honest dealer. I believe I have one now, and I'll tell you all the story after I have my order number in hand.

We're all very lucky to share in this Community together

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post

Now - THAT'S how you make a customer feel valued. To most, I'm sure they're standard methods of PDI'ing and delivery are just fine for those that are just buying "a car". For those of us trying to get our dream car, that might not be enough. It certainly sounds like this dealer is certainly deserving of your business and should definately be considered in the future. How do we get them on as a Sponsor so we can try to get them more business?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:42 PM   #10
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
OK, Here's a Good Story. All True.

I had to give up and sell my 67 GTO that I had since HS (in my pic) when I got totally disabled in 1998 (Broken Neck).. etc. I am able to drive and get around pretty good despite my maladies. But, due to this I have to have the automatic. I have clawed, pinched, and lived frugally for years and my wife (of almost 40 years) has gone back to work ever since I had to stop. She gets up every day at 4:30 am to get to her VA Hospital job (OR Nurse) and is on her feet all day with few breaks due to sterile cases going on.
Nothing has ever filled the hole in my spirit that giving up my HS car left in me. It was, after all, part of me. I saw the new Camaro prototype.. and got "interested"... but it still wasn't enough to fill that space in my soul. I was thinking, "maybe a Z28" might come out. "Maybe my wife would agree if it ever did. I got the magazines. I got the toy cars. I hung pics on the fridge. I dreamt. Then the ZL1 was announced. My heart ran fast. I sensed that this "was indeed" the car that could fill that "special" place in my soul had been missing in action. I was lucky and finally got my license plate on my dads old car saying "ZL1".... Just in case it happened that I could be lucky enough to get one. If so, I would switch it. (see below)

My local dealer bailed on me on at exactly 2pm the 24th saying, even after a 9 month wait, that "sorry, you just missed the cut"... I was devastated. I was not going down without a fight. I called 10 dealers last Monday. I found one who said, "come up here today, and you have #2 from our dealership"... (Rick Hendrick got #1). I called back 3 times before I decided to make the out of state trip. It was going to be a long trip on a Monday night, and I didn't want to drive 5 hours chasing a dream built on a mirage of hope. I drove 2.5 hrs and arrived at 7:30 pm. We did the deal (based on a handshake and no money down) and at 8pm I was on my 2.5 hr ride home. I got my 6 digit number on the 29th that he had promised me on the 24th. Nerves set in. Excitement, but with a sense of anxiety if it was real.

So, here I sit. Hoping the "wheels don't fall off my order wagon".... I have worried that it might be selfish to get this car since things are tight, and it is my wife working for it. It's hard to explain (but we have been married almost 40 great years). She wants me to have it. We are children of the sixties generation. It seems like the thing to do. And, she feels the excitement of boyhood that this man so wants to keep!
You know the importance of what GM has created in the ZL1. If any "mear car" could fill that "spirit in me" that was missing, THIS IS IT during my lifetime. This is it. In forty odd years nothing has come along that could do what this is doing.

My dealer, Rick Hendricks CITY CHEVROLET in Charlotte NC was awesome. From my Salesman, Chris Goodman to the New Car Sales Manager, Andy Snyder, I was told, "Yes it's a special car, but we are not out to gouge anybody - we will sell you this car at cost".... And in following up and getting all the details finalized, they have lived up to the credo's Rick Hendrick exspoused. This is after all, Mr. Hendricks very first dealership on the planet. They have earned my TRUST and I would NOT say that on a forum like this if it was not true.

I've only shared this story with a few, but it seems that the stars are aligning, and Chris and Alan will make your dreams come true! Between GM and the build/design teams making the ZL1 a reality, and then having a duo like Chris and Alan to exhibhit such understanding and compassion for doing a sale the "old way",, it was just amazing. I love seeing the mentality that a "mans word is his bond".. and seeing it in action. WOW.

Lewis "LB"

Last edited by htron50; 11-01-2011 at 11:53 PM.
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #11
PYROLYSIS
Remember the Charleston 9

Drives: 2004 KME PREDATOR, 2014 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
I had to give up and sell my 67 GTO that I had since HS (in my pic) when I got totally disabled in 1998 (Broken Neck).. etc. I am able to drive and get around pretty good despite my maladies. But, due to this I have to have the automatic. I have clawed, pinched, and lived frugally for years and my wife (of almost 40 years) has gone back to work ever since I had to stop. She gets up every day at 4:30 am to get to her VA Hospital job (OR Nurse) and is on her feet all day with few breaks due to sterile cases going on.
Nothing has ever filled the hole in my spirit that giving up my HS car left in me. It was, after all, part of me. I saw the new Camaro prototype.. and got "interested"... but it still wasn't enough to fill that space in my soul. I was thinking, "maybe a Z28" might come out. "Maybe my wife would agree if it ever did. I got the magazines. I got the toy cars. I hung pics on the fridge. I dreamt. Then the ZL1 was announced. My heart ran fast. I sensed that this "was indeed" the car that could fill that "special" place in my soul had been missing in action. I was lucky and finally got my license plate on my dads old car saying "ZL1".... Just in case it happened that I could be lucky enough to get one. If so, I would switch it. (see below)

My local dealer bailed on me on at exactly 2pm the 24th saying, even after a 9 month wait, that "sorry, you just missed the cut"... I was devastated. I was not going down without a fight. I called 10 dealers last Monday. I found one who said, "come up here today, and you have #2 from our dealership"... (Rick Hendrick got #1). I called back 3 times before I decided to make the out of state trip. It was going to be a long trip on a Monday night, and I didn't want to drive 5 hours chasing a dream built on a mirage of hope. I drove 2.5 hrs and arrived at 7:30 pm. We did the deal (based on a handshake and no money down) and at 8pm I was on my 2.5 hr ride home. I got my 6 digit number on the 29th that he had promised me on the 24th. Nerves set in. Excitement, but with a sense of anxiety if it was real.

So, here I sit. Hoping the "wheels don't fall off my order wagon".... I have worried that it might be selfish to get this car since things are tight, and it is my wife working for it. It's hard to explain (but we have been married almost 40 great years). She wants me to have it. We are children of the sixties generation. It seems like the thing to do. And, she feels the excitement of boyhood that this man so wants to keep!
You know the importance of what GM has created in the ZL1. If any "mear car" could fill that "spirit in me" that was missing, THIS IS IT during my lifetime. This is it. In forty odd years nothing has come along that could do what this is doing.

My dealer, Rick Hendricks CITY CHEVROLET in Charlotte NC was awesome. From my Salesman, Chris Goodman to the New Car Sales Manager, Andy Snyder, I was told, "Yes it's a special car, but we are not out to gouge anybody - we will sell you this car at cost".... And in following up and getting all the details finalized, they have lived up to the credo's Rick Hendrick exspoused. This is after all, Mr. Hendricks very first dealership on the planet. They have earned my TRUST and I would NOT say that on a forum like this if it was not true.

I've only shared this story with a few, but it seems that the stars are aligning, and Chris and Alan will make your dreams come true! Between GM and the build/design teams making the ZL1 a reality, and then having a duo like Chris and Alan to exhibhit such understanding and compassion for doing a sale the "old way",, it was just amazing. I love seeing the mentality that a "mans word is his bond".. and seeing it in action. WOW.

Lewis "LB"
Cool story, and quick thinking on securing that liscense plate. I'm sure a few people will be disappointed at the DMV when they try to get that one.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:50 PM   #12
Rice Killer
Cooter

Drives: my wife crazy
My local dealer was sure he was going to get an allocation so I didn't check anywhere else. Well, it turned out they didn't get an allocation. I did not look anywhere else because I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I was going to wait and test the waters for the 2013s. Well a fellow member, chef-beavis, told me about an open allocation in his area, only about an hour from me. He was not going to take it.

I live in rural WI so this news was huge. I called the dealer and he was selling for MSRP. I gave him the deposit the next morning and the rest is history. The dealer is Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI. My salesman is Jason Drees. He has been extremely helpful, called me today to let me know my order went to 3000. He also recommended getting personalized plates now if I wanted them which was something I did not even think about. He also offered to get me a ZL1 brochure. It's the little things like this that makes a good dealer great. My other dealer would never keep me informed on the status of my order.

Very happy!
#1451 - 2012 ZL1 - White, Black Wheels, Manual, Suede Package, and Exposed Hood Insert. Delivered on 6/20/12. Thanks to Jason from Symdon Motors in Evansville, WI.
Rice Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:36 PM   #13
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post

Lewis "LB"
Thats awsome .....I wish you all the happiness in the world.I hope you and your wife enjoy your ZL1. You have my best wishes Sir!
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote