Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-12-2011, 11:28 PM   #1
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Car Ding, AAC DRL Bulbs went out, Paint coming off aftermarket product...What else?!

It seems like its always one thing after the other. I've had so many issues the past 2 weeks, I just don't understand why of all times does it have to be happening now.

Today on my way to the gym on NAS Pensacola, I noticed somebody had opened up there car door alittle too far and hit my Drivers' side door, left white marks and a dent. I'm hoping the scratches buff out. Paint is definately missing so that means touch up paint. I'm sure who ever did it got scared and of no course didn't leave a note or anything saying they did it. I figured the parking lot on base had cameras and to no avail they dont.

Then earlier this week, one of my ducts off of my Street Scene lower grille that I had gotten painted mysteriously had paint come off, after I washed the car. I just don't understand, why. The painter is going to fix the issue, but still its like out of all the things, this has happened?

My AAC DRL bulbs, are on there last leg and 1 of them is completely out(I need to notify AAC for replacements or something, i've held off long enough). Now its starting to look extremely tacky. I'm not one to complain, I'd still recommend there products but I'm just annoyed. I tried to go to Autozone today just to get some regular P13 bulbs for the time being and of course they have none in stock.

I finally graduate from my school on NAS Pensacola and move on to my next duty station, but before I do that I'm taking 3weeks of leave. I leave NAS Pensacola on Mon (July 18th), so I won't be able to do to much of anything to fix these issues unless, AAC can overnight ship me some bulbs for my long 13hr trip to NC. I plan to go to the Chevy dealership and see if they can buff out the scratches and hopefully hook me up with some touch up paint so I don't have to stare at the dent....

Can things get any worse?
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
Do you have the AAC plasma LED's? Since getting those updated ones knock on wood it seems to have fixed the problem of them failing. Sorry about your crummy luck
Old 07-13-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
mrh923

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS/M6 Cyber Gray Met.
Sucks to hear man. I hope everything works out for you.

My AAC LED fogs are on their last leg as well. My drivers
side one has like 3 LEDs working total. I ordered the Plasma
ones but they are on backorder. I hope they work a bit better.

Congrats on your graduation! That's a big achievement. The car
can be fixed.
Old 07-13-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ackeight View Post
Do you have the AAC plasma LED's? Since getting those updated ones knock on wood it seems to have fixed the problem of them failing. Sorry about your crummy luck
They are the AAC LED's, not the plasma.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
thebighar

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 Nightfall Grey
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you will get it taken care of and things will be back to normal. Count you blessings and don't sweat the little stuff. My brother in law is dying slowly from cancer right now so yes things can get much worse.
thebighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
colemanvoice
team chicklet camaro

Drives: MOTL3Y
Check this out for the paint chip. I haven't used it yet myself, but it looks interesting. http://drcolorchip.com/ I have a reason to use it, just haven't gotten to it yet. Yea, the dent Gremmlins got me too. Nice chip just below the dent for good measure.

Interestingly enough, to me at least, I was in a Voice Over workshop with the spokes person on the site.
Old 07-13-2011, 12:33 PM   #7
Amenti

Drives: 2017 1SS Convertible
I used the Dr. Colorchip product on a big gouge I have in my hood (from the day i drove the car back from the dealer ).

It covers well enough; but, you're going to have to apply several coats if you want to even out the surface. Unfortunately, it's also going to be noticeably dull if the chip is large and penetrates the clearcoat.

Appearance Mods: RiderGraphix LS7 Front Fascia Blackout Vinyl, Gill Insert Vinyl, Rear Deck Lid Vinyl (Gloss Black), Gary's Customs Painted Bowties

Coming Soon: BMR Trailing Arms
Amenti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 12:43 PM   #8
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
I have had AAC's plasma P13 bulbs for over 8 months and I have not had any problems.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:13 PM   #9
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
The AAC LEDs have known issues. Contact them to swap them for plasmas. There was a nominal charge for doing it.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote