Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-07-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2001 Chevy Impala
the full price

i have a question, a couple of days ago while at work i was discussing with a customer my future can and my exitement.
he say's to me before leaving "hey it'll cost you over 50k"
i say "what?" shocked from the beliefs the top of the line would be 35kish.
he says "but you'll like it, believe me".

he did'nt wan't to tell me where he got this idea from, or what the car had gotten, all he said was "look it up and you'll see".

and i have been non stop looking for this reason or answer, perhaps there is none but it's just driving me insane!

what i did find, however, a few otherforums that do say the top of the line would be high 40's low 50's but theese are totally out dated...

so getting to my question, it won't will it? it can't can it? why would it?

ehh best thing to do now is take a few shots of my favorite tequila, turn on the tube, and just nod off at the sounds of whatever catches my eye.... and say good night....
Navy Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #2
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Blue View Post
i have a question, a couple of days ago while at work i was discussing with a customer my future can and my exitement.

he did'nt wan't to tell me where he got this idea from, or what the car had gotten, all he said was "look it up and you'll see".

and i have been non stop looking for this reason or answer, perhaps there is none but it's just driving me insane!

what i did find, however, a few otherforums that do say the top of the line would be high 40's low 50's but theese are totally out dated...

ehh best thing to do now is take a few shots of my favorite tequila, turn on the tube, and just nod off at the sounds of whatever catches my eye.... and say good night....
Emmm $50K for a toilet!! Thats pretty expensive LOL!!
Old 03-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #3
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
WoW.... dude seriously.. $50k for a can... it better sing the national anthem and wipe your @** for that kinda price tag!

Serious note: if you are meaning a Camaro (as in 'Car' and not a 'can') then a loaded 2SS should cost 40k.. unless you get the 21" Rims and that'll toss another 4k to the price.. so 45k i'd safely say would be the max.
Old 03-07-2009, 10:39 PM   #4
Blownhotrodder

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Must be a nice can. Bun warmers?
Blownhotrodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:14 PM   #5
JMAN311

Drives: 2013 F-150 Limited
Quote:

YOUR CUSTOMER IS AN IDIOT
2013 Camaro ZL1 A6|SIM
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS|M6|CGM Exterior|Gray Int
2000 Camaro SS|M6|SLP headers|SLP center mounted quad exhaust|Magnaflow muffler|Hypertech programmed
2001 Corvette|M6|LG Motorsports Headers|Corsa Touring Cat-back|Magnaflow X Pipe|Hurst short-throw|Dyno tuned
JMAN311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:46 PM   #6
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
Must be a nice can. Bun warmers?
It even came with a roll!

[IMG]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wEai2kFHwxo/SLZvJbdwaMI/AAAAAAAABVI/mG8FiY-8u40/s400/w****.jpg[/IMG]

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMAN311 View Post
YOUR CUSTOMER IS AN IDIOT
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:33 AM   #7
crazz28

Drives: '10 Camaro SS/RS, '10 GMC Sierra
The only way it'll be over 50k is if you buy it in Canada......which as of right now is probably cheaper than buying in the states.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:09 AM   #8
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
A lot of people are misinformed or just looking to make a profit.

I went to a local Chevrolet dealership and the sales manager told me the "base price - MSRP" for the 2010 Camaro SS was around $38,000. For the car I wanted (2SS/RS/A6), I would be looking at $44 - 45K!
He even stuck to his guns after I showed him the correct price break down for the car.

Needless to say, I went to a different dealership and ordered my 2SS/RS/A6 for around $35k (before tax, title, etc).
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 05:34 PM   #9
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

ahh.. yea i mean't car, my mistake..i wish i got a new can though...hmm...but yea all bs aside i think i'll just wait it out and find out myself when i buy, i just wondered if anyone else had heard this, and he's not an idiot, just misinformed, if everyone misinformed was an idiot then who are we right?.. thank you for your imput and thanks for understanding my perticular language.
Old 03-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #10
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
ahh.. yea i mean't car, my mistake..i wish i got a new can though...hmm...but yea all bs aside i think i'll just wait it out and find out myself when i buy, i just wondered if anyone else had heard this, and he's not an idiot, just misinformed, if everyone misinformed was an idiot then who are we right?.. thank you for your imput and thanks for understanding my perticular language.
no, they are idiots. im informed. idk about you....lol

but one thing to keep in mind is that if you havent already ordered one, you might end up paying over MSRP. that is not GM, that is the dealer's markup and wanting to pull as much as they can selling a new car. but we have a nice list of dealers selling at MSRP on here if you wanna talk to them.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #11
Navy Blue
Future Camaro Owner

lol i'm right there with them i suppose, thanks for the advice camarospike, though i do plan on buying, my income is not great as of right now, i'm saving up for one and plan to give myself a birthday present, that being the camaro but not this year but the next, so it'll be a september 2010 when i want mine, things should be pretty level by then no?

and if the mark ups are still there i'll have to go with second best...not sure what that is yet but that means i can be a little boy in a candy store again, i really like the camaro and i really want one, but if prices will be reduculous i'll might as well buy me something else, maybe cheaper and take me a well deserved vacation from all this work i've been putting in...but by then maybe i would have changed my mind..

one last thing...

i'm not the best speller, oviously....i'm human and make mistakes, as we all do, if you notice a mistake please let me know, reply to my message and say "hey maybe you mean't this", mistakes to me are meant to be corrected, not made fun of. just my 2 cents on that.
Old 03-09-2009, 03:17 PM   #12
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
hopefully things will level out over the summer. as for mark ups, thats going to happen at any given dealer. you just have to be patient and talk them down. or check out some of the listed dealers we have on here and see about working something out for buying one in the future at MSRP with a down payment now.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #13
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Quote:
lol i'm right there with them i suppose, thanks for the advice camarospike, though i do plan on buying, my income is not great as of right now, i'm saving up for one and plan to give myself a birthday present, that being the camaro but not this year but the next, so it'll be a september 2010 when i want mine, things should be pretty level by then no?

and if the mark ups are still there i'll have to go with second best...not sure what that is yet but that means i can be a little boy in a candy store again, i really like the camaro and i really want one, but if prices will be reduculous i'll might as well buy me something else, maybe cheaper and take me a well deserved vacation from all this work i've been putting in...but by then maybe i would have changed my mind..

one last thing...

i'm not the best speller, oviously....i'm human and make mistakes, as we all do, if you notice a mistake please let me know, reply to my message and say "hey maybe you mean't this", mistakes to me are meant to be corrected, not made fun of. just my 2 cents on that.
OBVIOUSLY.... Just kidding....sorry for your public education.
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote