Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-23-2008, 09:25 PM   #1
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Order Changed

So I had a Red Jewl Tint coat with cyber stripes on order 2SS/RS w/ Black LEather. The I changed it to Black with Cyber stripes. Today I changed it for the last and final time "I hope" to Imperial Blue metallic with white strips and the biegh leather interior. I am a little nervious about my descision, but it looks good in my head so I am going to stick with it.

When I sat down with the general Manager to change my order in the workbench we were having a problem. When he updated the color codes for the exterior it was no problem, However when he tried to update it for the interior it kept kicking it back. He had to actually call "GM Global center" and have them make the change. This guy is no idiot so this worries me. Is this cause for concern? Will my order be delayed for somthing with the interior?

Last I was telling him how I really hope the get what ever issue they are having with the ABL worked out because I really want it on my car. His reply was "What Issue" I explained to him what I had heard and he said he had heard nothing of the sort. He further explained that the new Equonox was going to have a shit ton of ABL and it works just fine in that. He thinks it is rumor.

I showed the general manager this website so he could see pictures of the interor I wanted and he was blown away. He said "Now I see why you always know more about what is going on than I do"....lol He is now a member so he can get all the latest and gratest info. He says this is much better than the IDL

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
I read some posts by other folks who had trouble getting their orders changed. I believe this was early on when they just first added the polished wheel options and blue colors. I don't think that should be any issue.

As far as the colors, that's not what I would pick, but that's really up to your personal tastes. I think no matter what, you will love the car when you get it.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:54 AM   #3
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldave24v View Post
So I had a Red Jewl Tint coat with cyber stripes on order 2SS/RS w/ Black LEather. The I changed it to Black with Cyber stripes. Today I changed it for the last and final time "I hope" to Imperial Blue metallic with white strips and the biegh leather interior. I am a little nervious about my descision, but it looks good in my head so I am going to stick with it.

When I sat down with the general Manager to change my order in the workbench we were having a problem. When he updated the color codes for the exterior it was no problem, However when he tried to update it for the interior it kept kicking it back. He had to actually call "GM Global center" and have them make the change. This guy is no idiot so this worries me. Is this cause for concern? Will my order be delayed for somthing with the interior?

Last I was telling him how I really hope the get what ever issue they are having with the ABL worked out because I really want it on my car. His reply was "What Issue" I explained to him what I had heard and he said he had heard nothing of the sort. He further explained that the new Equonox was going to have a shit ton of ABL and it works just fine in that. He thinks it is rumor.

I showed the general manager this website so he could see pictures of the interor I wanted and he was blown away. He said "Now I see why you always know more about what is going on than I do"....lol He is now a member so he can get all the latest and gratest info. He says this is much better than the IDL

Having read your post I think you should go with Black w/ red stripes, or was it Red with black stripes, no silver with bpainted stripes. Tan leather with the black and black leather with the silver. Have you given any of those a thought yet LOL!! Sorry man just messing with ya!!

I know what you mean about the dealer saying "you always know more" cos my stealer says the same too! lol
Old 12-24-2008, 06:25 AM   #4
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
All of the above sounds good to me.
Old 12-24-2008, 03:23 PM   #5
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I would have stuck with the black....nah, j/k, I'm just messing with you, it sucks when you start second guessing your own decisions, but just remember it's all up to what you like. The blue will be hot. All the Camaro's will be hot. Period.
SSOOCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #6
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
I e-mailed the "Camaro guy" at my dealer to switch from black to Imperial Blue as well. I haven't heard back from him and couldn't get through on the phone.

I'm at this point, I hope it gets changed, but if it doesn't, I'll be happy with black!
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 04:51 PM   #7
RS/SSYellowJacket
Old School

Drives: Ordered Yellow/Black RS/SS2 M6
Al the sheets and info I have seen even recently said Imperial Blue and Aqua Blue were not available on the SS Models!? What gives?
RS/SSYellowJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #8
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS/SSYellowJacket View Post
Al the sheets and info I have seen even recently said Imperial Blue and Aqua Blue were not available on the SS Models!? What gives?
They were not available on the SS until just recently.

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 05:49 PM   #9
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS/SSYellowJacket View Post
Wait till January 9th when they have the 3rd IDL. We should get a lot of updated info. Should be final info and option pricing and availability. Production starts a mere 37 days after Jan 9th. Preorders should be final and go to the factory soon after that. Wow, I just got chills writing that. Awesome, we're getting close.

Some of us may even find out when our very own cars wil start down the line. Anyone care to comment on that? I am just basing my comments based on what has been on many of the threads here regarding production.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:04 PM   #10
RS/SSYellowJacket
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txturbo View Post
They were not available on the SS until just recently.
How recent I was just at my dealer asking last week?? At any rate I want Imperial Blue with Silver Stripes!!! If I can. Thanks for the input folks!
Old 12-24-2008, 11:05 PM   #11
dieseldave24v
PowerStroke this Ford boy

Drives: Like Don Garlits "Big Daddy"
Silver stripes can not be installed at the factory. I am not sure if there is even a RPO for silver, but even if there is it will be installed at the dealer, something that makes me want to puke when I think about it. I dont want the dealer doing anything to my car. PERIOD

Hey big man let me hold a dollar
dieseldave24v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #12
RS/SSYellowJacket
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseldave24v View Post
Silver stripes can not be installed at the factory. I am not sure if there is even a RPO for silver, but even if there is it will be installed at the dealer, something that makes me want to puke when I think about it. I dont want the dealer doing anything to my car. PERIOD
It does show the Silver available and yes at the dealer you are correct. I have some realy good folks at this dealership. I know almost everyone there and they know me and my Rods well.

They will do it right for me or else!