Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-08-2015, 10:29 AM   #15
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
You've contradicted yourself ...you said you haven't heard about WOT issues, but you also say you've stopped reading VTC posts.

Perhaps you should and you'll see recent posts about WOT stabilirac,REP issues both V6 & V8. That's why I'm interested in guys who have tracked their cars' with NO problems to show that WOT doesn't necessarily cause WOT problems compared to the posts of guys that have experienced street driven WOT issues to see that if at certain rpm/speed conditions with certain engines & trans going WOT maybe can cause a problem.
Let me clarify, I still read postings from some forums, not all, and yes I had heard of one issue, but am not educated enough on that issue to really speak about it. 95% of all the issues I have read and or heard about are with the V6 crowd, the V8 crowd have very few reported problems.

I would be curious to know if those that have had problems have altered their throttle settings within there tune if they have one.

With the price and money back guarantee I really cant see the dilemma, People that install an UDP also have similar experiences, some need to go back to stock pulley and some have no trouble at all. There is no money back guarantee on a UDP. Not saying anything other than there is very little risk. Its not going to cause any damage to your car or its control systems. Dont like it, unplug it and send it back.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 11:53 AM   #16
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
I would suspect it is from going to WOT not from the controller allowing them to get a little more throttle response.......... I get messages nothing to do with REP because I have eliminated torque management in my tune...my messages are when I bang gears at too high a rev for conditions and break loose,, of course my engines built and I do not just go WOT or of course I shred tires.... and I just replaced the P zeros at 13k because the rears were at the wear bar almost and I never even try to burn rubber it just naturally looses traction some times if I launch....take off with too much torque..
Its a little shift from side to side as I have to go about 1500 rpm with the cam and a little too high and its going to do that. On a stock or less built Camaro where you do not have a idle of 900 and have to go higher to avoid cam surge or...bucking as some will call it I know on my Camaro before it was built and from the l99 I owned its a lot harder to burn rubber unless you do specifically try to stomp it to go WOT and well its frankly disappointing compared to having the Camaros engine built now and having to stay out of the pedal like every other hot rod I have ever built.

SO not having one ,( a vittesse throttle controller) ,as delay is tuned out in my tune I can relate to having messages pop up and imagine with torque management in the tune of a car yes the REP message would be annoying, I have to watch my driving as I can if aggressively driving get TC and Stabilitrac messages at highway speeds going from gear to gear while not ever going close to WOT, and get messages easy enough just getting on it from a dig.

The reason you most likely are not having a problem with REP warnings is you do not abuse and flog your car until the torque management has to take over especially in bad weather for your tires, and you do not have to have a throttle controller for that message to pop up, I know as do many others who have tested the limits of their cars, or have removed torque management in the tune. The controller simply takes a little bit of built in lag out of what is a system designed to have the lag for gas mileage and safety..its built into the potentiometer which resists electrical current and slows down the drive by wire signal.
Good post! First one that added value on the topic instead of being argumentative or condescending. Yea,Torque Mgmt System combined with what the VTC does would certainly explain REP msgs especially on auto trans cars
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #17
1KillerSS

Not to be argumentative, but I have used the controller with, and without TQ management removed, and I still get no REP or service stabilitrak issues with the controller. You should not be getting any type of CEL, REP, or stabilitrak issues regardless of whether or not you have or don't have the controller. The only thing that should be happening if your spinning your tires is TC unless its turned off or tuned out. Regardless of RPM.
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
Old 02-08-2015, 02:47 PM   #18
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
Not to be argumentative, but I have used the controller with, and without TQ management removed, and I still get no REP or service stabilitrak issues with the controller. You should not be getting any type of CEL, REP, or stabilitrak issues regardless of whether or not you have or don't have the controller. The only thing that should be happening if your spinning your tires is TC unless its turned off or tuned out. Regardless of RPM.
Glad to hear you haven't had any problems with the controller and all the power you have ...and I'll assume you've gone WOT once or twice
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 02:51 PM   #19
1KillerSS

Just once..... But seriously unless you've altered your stock throttle settings in your tune (not Tq management) your good. The numbers of those that are or have had issues are small.

Build thread
Old 05-04-2015, 09:25 AM   #20
moE_09

Drives: 2014 v6
This just started happening to me recently everytime I'm at WOT I get the service stabilitrak message and my engine misfires a lot. Significant loss of power but the engine never goes I to Reducsed engine power mode. I didn't think the misfire would have to do with the VTc?
moE_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:39 AM   #21
YellowL99

Drives: 2014 Yellow L99
i experienced that problem once when i had the car in the "on" position for a few hours, had to wait an hour for things to go back to normal. besides that, ive been flooring this car everywhere and zero problems
YellowL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:44 AM   #22
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by moE_09 View Post
This just started happening to me recently everytime I'm at WOT I get the service stabilitrak message and my engine misfires a lot. Significant loss of power but the engine never goes I to Reducsed engine power mode. I didn't think the misfire would have to do with the VTc?
From what Vitesse has posted you have 3 options for a possible fix. 1) Return device for a replacement, but might end up with the same symptoms 2) lower your settings, if you use SP5 drop to SP4 and see if it continues. Continue to drop until it goes away 3) Get a tune, I do not know which settings in the tune will fix this yet, but my guess would be to broaden the TP error %, so that it doesn't go into limp mode so easily.
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 09:55 AM   #23
moE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaSS View Post
From what Vitesse has posted you have 3 options for a possible fix. 1) Return device for a replacement, but might end up with the same symptoms 2) lower your settings, if you use SP5 drop to SP4 and see if it continues. Continue to drop until it goes away 3) Get a tune, I do not know which settings in the tune will fix this yet, but my guess would be to broaden the TP error %, so that it doesn't go into limp mode so easily.
Number 1 is nt possible it's been at Te dealer since Wensday and I tried number 2. Put it back down to 0 and tried, put it on 2 n then 4. Still happened and number 3 I have. But idk if the Tp % error was broadened, but even if the Vtc was the issue how would it cause a misfire?
Old 05-04-2015, 09:57 AM   #24
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
I take my car to redline daily, no issues
NC_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 10:07 AM   #25
moE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_SS View Post
I take my car to redline daily, no issues
How long have u had it ? My issue started back. In December, I've had the controller since last summer
Old 05-04-2015, 10:21 AM   #26
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Quote:
Number 1 is nt possible it's been at Te dealer since Wensday and I tried number 2. Put it back down to 0 and tried, put it on 2 n then 4. Still happened and number 3 I have. But idk if the Tp % error was broadened, but even if the Vtc was the issue how would it cause a misfire?
The misfire should have nothing to do with the VTC, I'm thinking more along the lines of the issues experienced by the general public, which are not entirely different than yours, aside from the misfires.
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
Old 05-04-2015, 11:01 AM   #27
moE_09

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaSS View Post
The misfire should have nothing to do with the VTC, I'm thinking more along the lines of the issues experienced by the general public, which are not entirely different than yours, aside from the misfires.
Okay so I'll deal with the VTC throttle issue later bc I was just making sure it wasn't the cause of a misfire somehow
Old 05-04-2015, 11:24 AM   #28
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Quote:
Okay so I'll deal with the VTC throttle issue later bc I was just making sure it wasn't the cause of a misfire somehow
Yeah I say the VTC should have nothing to do with the misfires but then again, its a relatively new product and without seeing a scan of your ecm while driving, I can't make a sound judgement. The misfires usually occur when a spark plug or wire is fried/damaged. How many miles do you have on the plugs? Are you running rich? Is your MAF or o2's causing lean readings? So many questions before I would look at the VTC as a suspect for misfire, but I would be very interested to find out if it was...Let us know what the dealer says