Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/index.php)
-   5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vitesse Throttle Controller WOT Issuses (https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395044)

camguynj 02-07-2015 11:45 AM

Vitesse Throttle Controller WOT Issuses

Been seeing a few posts recently about VTC problems ( Stabilitrac,REP msgs) at WOT ...street/hiway driving. Anybody with the VTC track theirs with NO problems? Please include your engine and trans type in your reply.

Red2014SS 02-07-2015 01:11 PM

Since we already have about 3 huge Vitesse throttle controller threads (including a poll), don't you think that anyone having issues would have already posted about it by now?

Bizaro 02-07-2015 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red2014SS (Post 8219102)
Since we already have about 3 huge Vitesse throttle controller threads (including a poll), don't you think that anyone having issues would have already posted about it by now?

so mean

camguynj 02-07-2015 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red2014SS (Post 8219102)

read the post ...I'm looking for guys who track with NO issues

1KillerSS 02-07-2015 04:03 PM

The issues your referring to are 3 to 5 people, out of hundreds. Most are V6 cars. I personally have never read about WOT issues. But I stopped reading most all of the threads as there literally filled with comments like "wow great mod" same posts over and over, so I dont really follow them much.

camguynj 02-07-2015 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1KillerSS (Post 8219340)
The issues your referring to are 3 to 5 people, out of hundreds. Most are V6 cars. I personally have never read about WOT issues. But I stopped reading most all of the threads as there literally filled with comments like "wow great mod" same posts over and over, so I dont really follow them much.

You've contradicted yourself ...you said you haven't heard about WOT issues, but you also say you've stopped reading VTC posts.

Perhaps you should and you'll see recent posts about WOT stabilirac,REP issues both V6 & V8. That's why I'm interested in guys who have tracked their cars' with NO problems to show that WOT doesn't necessarily cause WOT problems compared to the posts of guys that have experienced street driven WOT issues to see that if at certain rpm/speed conditions with certain engines & trans going WOT maybe can cause a problem.

Blu Ray 02-07-2015 05:22 PM

+1 for CamGuy Mike..... Respect!!

SS376 02-07-2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camguynj (Post 8219417)
You've contradicted yourself ...you said you haven't heard about WOT issues, but you also say you've stopped reading VTC posts.

Perhaps you should and you'll see recent posts about WOT stabilirac,REP issues both V6 & V8. That's why I'm interested in guys who have tracked their cars' with NO problems to show that WOT doesn't necessarily cause WOT problems compared to the posts of guys that have experienced street driven WOT issues to see that if at certain rpm/speed conditions with certain engines & trans going WOT maybe can cause a problem.

This cannot help if you are only looking for people who have had NO track issues. You need data from everyone, good and bad, to formulate any useful statistics.

He11bent 02-07-2015 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by camguynj (Post 8218971)
Been seeing a few posts recently about VTC problems ( Stabilitrac,REP msgs) at WOT ...street/hiway driving. Anybody with the VTC track theirs with NO problems? Please include your engine and trans type in your reply.

What's an REP msg?

I have, since installing, seen messages related to the nanny programs that you would expect to see When breaking the tires loose in 1st and 2nd.

enzia35 02-07-2015 07:10 PM

Reduced engine power.

Firehawk178 02-07-2015 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SS376 (Post 8219445)
This cannot help if you are only looking for people who have had NO track issues. You need data from everyone, good and bad, to formulate any useful statistics.

Yep, 100% of the people reporting problems have problems! :)

Red2014SS 02-07-2015 07:28 PM

It just seems kind of silly to ask the question. I mean, think about it...

1. You got over a hundred guys stating that they love the product.
2. It costs less than $200, so it's not like buying one is gonna bankrupt anyone.
3. Easily installed and removed, so if you are the one out of a hundred who has an issue, it takes thirty seconds to remove it. Problem solved.
4. And you can easily sell it, since people are waiting on back orders.

It's a no brainer, so why even worry about it?.. If you want to try one, try it. If not, don't. It's not like this is a mod that requires you to spend hours tearing into your engine and costs thousands of dollars.

camguynj 02-07-2015 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red2014SS (Post 8219629)
It just seems kind of silly to ask the question. I mean, think about it...

1. You got over a hundred guys stating that they love the product.
2. It costs less than $200, so it's not like buying one is gonna bankrupt anyone.
3. Easily installed and removed, so if you are the one out of a hundred who has an issue, it takes thirty seconds to remove it. Problem solved.
4. And you can easily sell it, since people are waiting on back orders.

It's a no brainer, so why even worry about it?.. If you want to try one, try it. If not, don't. It's not like this is a mod that requires you to spend hours tearing into your engine and costs thousands of dollars.

I've got one installed for 3 mos/3k mi no problems :thumbup: but I find it somewhat disconcerting that some are experiencing REP situations when going to WOT while street driving, so I'm just trying to see if anyone who tracks their car has ever had an WOT REP condition? or is there something with this controller that seems to cause a REP condition when going to WOT only under street driving conditions with certain engine & trans :iono:

christianchevell 02-08-2015 08:26 AM

I would suspect it is from going to WOT not from the controller allowing them to get a little more throttle response.......... I get messages nothing to do with REP because I have eliminated torque management in my tune...my messages are when I bang gears at too high a rev for conditions and break loose,, of course my engines built and I do not just go WOT or of course I shred tires.... and I just replaced the P zeros at 13k because the rears were at the wear bar almost and I never even try to burn rubber it just naturally looses traction some times if I launch....take off with too much torque..
Its a little shift from side to side as I have to go about 1500 rpm with the cam and a little too high and its going to do that. On a stock or less built Camaro where you do not have a idle of 900 and have to go higher to avoid cam surge or...bucking as some will call it I know on my Camaro before it was built and from the l99 I owned its a lot harder to burn rubber unless you do specifically try to stomp it to go WOT and well its frankly disappointing compared to having the Camaros engine built now and having to stay out of the pedal like every other hot rod I have ever built.

SO not having one ,( a vittesse throttle controller) ,as delay is tuned out in my tune I can relate to having messages pop up and imagine with torque management in the tune of a car yes the REP message would be annoying, I have to watch my driving as I can if aggressively driving get TC and Stabilitrac messages at highway speeds going from gear to gear while not ever going close to WOT, and get messages easy enough just getting on it from a dig.

The reason you most likely are not having a problem with REP warnings is you do not abuse and flog your car until the torque management has to take over especially in bad weather for your tires, and you do not have to have a throttle controller for that message to pop up, I know as do many others who have tested the limits of their cars, or have removed torque management in the tune. The controller simply takes a little bit of built in lag out of what is a system designed to have the lag for gas mileage and safety..its built into the potentiometer which resists electrical current and slows down the drive by wire signal.