Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-21-2017, 07:24 AM   #43
ShadowYYZ

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT Deep Magenta
Here ya go
Attached Images

ShadowYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:12 AM   #44
ShadowYYZ

Update: I'm legit screwed, some asshole IDK WHAT HE WAS DOING but randomly just rubbed his car with mine and drove off! Only took a picture of there tag. I'm screwed now fully. Jut filing a police report :/.

Literally happen 3-5 MPH... coming to a red light. Just rubs car and he gets back on his lane and continues driving like nothing.. I follow him and he knew I took a picture and had my phone calling the police. I pull to a parking lot.. the dude sees me there he turned back and then drove off in the Main Street..

Last edited by ShadowYYZ; 05-21-2017 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-21-2017, 08:20 AM   #45
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowYYZ View Post
Update: I'm legit screwed, some asshole IDK WHAT HE WAS DOING but randomly just rubbed his car with mine and drove off! Only took a picture of there tag. I'm screwed now fully. Jut filing a police report :/.
You got a picture of their plate?

That's a Hit and Run brother! Just pray he/she is insured and you will be fine!
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:27 AM   #46
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
dear god man really rubbed his car on yours WTF. dude im really sorry to hear your having a BS week bro this is not cool hopefully they can find who did it based on the tag pic you got and make him pay for that damage.

i hope things get better for you i really do this sucks to read all the bad luck
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 08:43 AM   #47
ShadowYYZ

Yeah I took a picture of the plate, filed a police report and the cop was very nice. Got a police report number and I showed her the picture of there plate and also shows the dude who hit me face from the reflection of the mirror..

Cop suggested wait till Monday and take that info into the dealership to go from there.. I'm glad I took a good picture of the plate + there face shows up on it..
Attached Images

Old 05-21-2017, 11:28 AM   #48
ShadowYYZ

I will update you guys, not sure if any board member had a similar experience with dealers loaner being hit + run.
Old 05-21-2017, 11:53 AM   #49
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Quote:
I will update you guys, not sure if any board member had a similar experience with dealers loaner being hit + run.
Thank goodness it wasn't your Camaro!
Old 05-21-2017, 12:00 PM   #50
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
Dealers and rental companies deal with these things all the time.

It doesn't bother them like it does you. They don't love any of their cars. Cars are just tools to them.
Shit happens, they get it fixed or get a new one and don't lose any sleep over it.
Old 05-22-2017, 05:33 AM   #51
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
Remember my post about Karma? Sorry to hear about this taking a turn for the worse.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 08:17 AM   #52
ShadowYYZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin14 View Post
Remember my post about Karma? Sorry to hear about this taking a turn for the worse.
Yeah, caught it for sure! :/ Hope the visit/the insurance info i got from the police helps :/.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:04 AM   #53
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
wow, the plot thickens!!!
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:31 AM   #54
ShadowYYZ

End result:

Well, I took it to the dealer, let them see the damage and provided the police report. Also, my car was ready too.

They were friendly about it, saying they liked that I at least showed it to them and not try to hide the scuffs etc Body shop people mentioned 90% or so people try to hide the damage/not let them know about it.. . They gave me my car back and they told me we will get this taken care of it may cost 60$. Just to polish it out, no dents etc.

They will call me to see if they will charge me that or not.. since they let me go without paying. " I'll pay surely"

Also took a minute to mention the hail and they said it was okay, that the PDR guy they got can fix without charging.

So I guess as many said, I should've been honest and 60$ is better than paying a ded/ fighting for the other guys hit and run insurance.

That's all I got for now. Thanks guys!
Old 05-22-2017, 11:34 AM   #55
partlowr

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
False.

Talk to any insurance company and they will tell you they cover the car, not the owner. If you are driving someone elses car and you cause an accident and get hurt, it is not on your insurance company to cover the injuries and damages. It is on the insurance company of whoever owns the car.
The rules are different when its a loaner or rental agreement. You sign a waiver saying you or your insurance company is responsible when you waive the insurance that they offer from the loaner/dealer or rental company.
Old 05-22-2017, 11:37 AM   #56
18LTLoveIt

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue LT RS
Quote:
End result:

Well, I took it to the dealer, let them see the damage and provided the police report. Also, my car was ready too.

They were friendly about it, saying they liked that I at least showed it to them and not try to hide the scuffs etc Body shop people mentioned 90% or so people try to hide the damage/not let them know about it.. . They gave me my car back and they told me we will get this taken care of it may cost 60$. Just to polish it out, no dents etc.

They will call me to see if they will charge me that or not.. since they let me go without paying. " I'll pay surely"

Also took a minute to mention the hail and they said it was okay, that the PDR guy they got can fix without charging.

So I guess as many said, I should've been honest and 60$ is better than paying a ded/ fighting for the other guys hit and run insurance.

That's all I got for now. Thanks guys!
Nice ending, Whew!
18LTLoveIt is offline   Reply With Quote