Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-15-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Phastek Blackout Kits FYI

So my thread is dual purpose. First of all, has anyone used the dark blackout kit from Phastek, and do you have pictures?

Secondly, I just got my light blackout kit and put it on over the weekend. I went this way to see if I like the look, and ensure it worked for me prior to doing something permanent. The postures on the site are very misleading for the headlight kit. They make it look like the light tint kit is still pretty dark, however you can hardly tell it's on. I wanted dark, but not so dark it was limiting my headlights or causing attention I didn't need. I also got the light tint kit for my side markers and again, you can hardly tell they are on. I'm sending this out just as an FYI for someone else looking to try these out and thinking the light kit is darker than it is. I'm not complaining about Phastek, they are a great resource. This one particular thing is just not so great. For the price, if you are good with tint it would be much cheaper to just cut this out and tint your lights, because that's essentially what this is. I'm no good at making that kind of stuff work out, so it's not an option for me. I have just over $60 in the kits and I'm going to peel them off and throw away. Just a word of caution. In one of my pictures below, one headlight is done and the other is not. Just to compare the two. Again, I'm not bashing on the supplier. I'm only sharing this to save someone else the upset, or ensure they know what the light kit looks like.

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 954
Size:  141.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4674.jpg
Views: 1197
Size:  282.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4675.jpg
Views: 1152
Size:  236.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0452.jpg
Views: 1162
Size:  84.2 KB
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 12:13 PM   #2
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
i had the third brake light one and it didnt cover all the way so i got it tinted instead by a custom body shop
Old 05-15-2017, 05:43 PM   #3
Tdiddy7

Drives: 2016 nightfall grey 2LT V6 Camaro
Here is dark tint from them on headlights and fog lights

Name:  IMG_0961.jpg
Views: 1081
Size:  182.7 KB
Tdiddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:00 PM   #4
SSTony

Drives: SS Camaro
Send a message via AIM to SSTony
What are those red inserts on the bottom of the grill?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy7 View Post
Old 05-16-2017, 06:24 AM   #5
Tdiddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSTony View Post
What are those red inserts on the bottom of the grill?
It's the SEMA grill. I ordered it in all black and took off the inserts and painted them red. But you can order it from GM or phastek in a lot of colors
Old 05-16-2017, 07:48 PM   #6
Chevy71

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy7 View Post
That isn't that dark either.. the website is very misleading lol. How much did it change your headlights?
SW long tube headers
3" stainless mid pipe - Secondary Cat delete - High flow cats
Port and polished heads-Double valve springs-platinum lifters & push rods
Cam phaser limiter - DOD delete
P1SC-1 Pro Charger 3.7 pulley
Stage II intercooler
667rwhp 577ft lbs
Chevy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 08:27 PM   #7
Tdiddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
That isn't that dark either.. the website is very misleading lol. How much did it change your headlights?
Personally I love it. It's a lot darker than it was without anything. Even my wife who doesn't pay attention to anything car related noticed it. That says a lot lol
Old 05-16-2017, 08:30 PM   #8
Tdiddy7

To compare...

Name:  IMG_0975.jpg
Views: 976
Size:  233.8 KB

Name:  IMG_0961.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  182.7 KB
Old 05-17-2017, 10:50 AM   #9
Ricardo@Phastek

Drives: the boss nuts....
Send a message via AIM to Ricardo@Phastek Send a message via Yahoo to Ricardo@Phastek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy71 View Post
So my thread is dual purpose. First of all, has anyone used the dark blackout kit from Phastek, and do you have pictures?

Secondly, I just got my light blackout kit and put it on over the weekend. I went this way to see if I like the look, and ensure it worked for me prior to doing something permanent. The postures on the site are very misleading for the headlight kit. They make it look like the light tint kit is still pretty dark, however you can hardly tell it's on. I wanted dark, but not so dark it was limiting my headlights or causing attention I didn't need. I also got the light tint kit for my side markers and again, you can hardly tell they are on. I'm sending this out just as an FYI for someone else looking to try these out and thinking the light kit is darker than it is. I'm not complaining about Phastek, they are a great resource. This one particular thing is just not so great. For the price, if you are good with tint it would be much cheaper to just cut this out and tint your lights, because that's essentially what this is. I'm no good at making that kind of stuff work out, so it's not an option for me. I have just over $60 in the kits and I'm going to peel them off and throw away. Just a word of caution. In one of my pictures below, one headlight is done and the other is not. Just to compare the two. Again, I'm not bashing on the supplier. I'm only sharing this to save someone else the upset, or ensure they know what the light kit looks like.
OP, sorry you are not happy with the end result. I will shoot you a message to get you order number so I can see exactly what you got.

From what I can tell it looks like the Light version but I will look into it.

Now to the picture on the site. That picture was taken in low light conditions, so the Stock picture looks dark already but I assure you the image is correct and we are not trying to mislead anyone. That is not what we like to do, I will get with our we department and see if we can get those images updated even if we have to take new pictures.

Here is what the car looks like with the Dark film.

Outside:

Inside (with Low light conditions):

Here is what the car looks like with the Light film.

Outside:

Inside (with Low light conditions):

Check your PM and I am more then happy to make this right.

Thank you,
Ricardo
Ricardo@Phastek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #10
2K16SummitSS
Resident Land Surveyor

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS - Summit White M6
I got the darkest tint on everything. I've had zero problems that weren't my own doing (first vinyl install ever).
I thought from the beginning looking at the pictures on their site that anything but the darkest would not be worth it for me.

Some recent indoor and outdoor pics...

2001 NBM Trans Am WS6, Wifey's Grocery Getter - Torquer V2 cam, Racetronix Fuel Pump, Yank 3000 Stall, Transgo 1-2 kit, TSP LTs, Magnaflow, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTIIs, Ed Wright tuned
2K16SummitSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #11
Hyper16
A Heartbeat Away.........

Drives: Not As Fast As I Would Like To
Quote:
Originally Posted by CreativeDawn View Post
Does anyone here have the GM Blacked Out Tail Lights ALONG with the Tail Light 20% Smoked Vinyl Tint that goes inside the inner area of our Tail Lights?
Here ya go.

Name:  rear.jpg
Views: 796
Size:  195.5 KB
2016 Hyper Blue Metallic 2SS | A8 | MRC | Sunroof | Nav | Mishimoto Catch Can | GM CAI | Hurst Shifter | Borla S-Type Exhaust | Body Color Splash Guards | 1LE Splitter | GM Dark Tail Lights | ZL1 Third Brake Light | Custom Fuel Door, Badges & Bowties | Oracle Side Markers | Blacked Out Stuff | Opti-Coat Pro+

The problem with this world is stupidity.
I'm not saying there should be penalties for stupidity,
but why don't we just take the warning labels off everything and let the problem solve itself.
Hyper16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:03 PM   #12
Pindecko

Drives: Summit white 2SS
I got the darkest option for my headlights and they are exactly what I expected. The headlight is hidden quite well. Unfortunately it is quite tough to see at night when driving down roads that aren't lit, but that's my own doing. I don't drive at night very often anyway, and the blacked out look looks VERY good in my opinion
Old 05-17-2017, 03:12 PM   #13
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
I have their "Gunsmoke' tint on the tail lights, as well as the lower reflectors on the rear. VERY happy with their product, and their Customer Service!
Attached Images

Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #14
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
Here is a pic showing the difference of the Gunsmoke vs. Stock......

I apologize for the large pic........
Attached Images

Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote