Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic modifications (exterior and interior)

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-05-2017, 05:12 PM   #1
Tdiddy7

Drives: 2016 nightfall grey 2LT V6 Camaro
Removing interior pieces

Does anyone know how to remove the silver trim around/above the gauges? I hate the silver and want to wrap it. Thanks!
Tdiddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 05:23 PM   #2
Lemooreace

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS, Black/Red
Pull the dash trim (easy) and behind there are simple clips to remove the chrome. Pulling the dash trim is almost as simple as pulling the passenger side trim insert. There is a Lethal video showing start switch r & r that gives most of what you'll need to know. The rest is easy to figure out. They don't need forced, they pop off easy.

I pondered doing something with them as well, but they do match the a/c vents. Decided not to throw off the consistency.

https://youtu.be/dYfkLRU6hJQ
Attached Images

Last edited by Lemooreace; 05-05-2017 at 05:53 PM.
Lemooreace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:10 PM   #3
Tdiddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemooreace View Post
Pull the dash trim (easy) and behind there are simple clips to remove the chrome. Pulling the dash trim is almost as simple as pulling the passenger side trim insert. There is a Lethal video showing start switch r & r that gives most of what you'll need to know. The rest is easy to figure out. They don't need forced, they pop off easy.

I pondered doing something with them as well, but they do match the a/c vents. Decided not to throw off the consistency.

https://youtu.be/dYfkLRU6hJQ

Thanks!! I thought about the vents too but I just can't stand it. That and the silver on the bezel around shifter. Thinking carbon fiber or red
Old 05-05-2017, 09:56 PM   #4
Lemooreace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiddy7 View Post
Thanks!! I thought about the vents too but I just can't stand it. That and the silver on the bezel around shifter. Thinking carbon fiber or red
Spray it with clear red candy? Use the chrome as the base?

I have two sets so I can play with one without worry. Let me know what you do and send photos. I need inspiration.
Old 05-06-2017, 07:32 AM   #5
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I've got the red around my shifter. Going to go red above the gauges as well. Check out Rivercity Creations, they do a great job. Or you can spay them yourself. The shifter came from them but I did the gauge pod myself.
Attached Images

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 05:31 PM   #6
Tdiddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHTURTLE View Post
I've got the red around my shifter. Going to go red above the gauges as well. Check out Rivercity Creations, they do a great job. Or you can spay them yourself. The shifter came from them but I did the gauge pod myself.
Could you post a few pics of the center console with the red bezel from above?? Deciding on it
Old 05-06-2017, 09:52 PM   #7
Lemooreace

Here's my mods. I'll only post a few here. I will do a solo post to thank the vendor that helped put this together for me.
Attached Images

Last edited by Lemooreace; 05-06-2017 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:02 AM   #8
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Could you post a few pics of the center console with the red bezel from above?? Deciding on it
Will do, but it's going to be a few days.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:37 PM   #9
pjz1082

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Those air vents come out really easy, in case you were wondering. Might be a little hard to wrap but you could def paint them. Or dip them. I have dipped the shifter trim and gauge trim a couple times but haven't decided on a final color yet. Once I have i plan on spraying the air vents and steering wheel trim also. I personally hate the shiny look. Really wish GM offered some kind of color conversion kit for all of those pieces. Living in AZ, the sun blinds you when it catches certain angles.
pjz1082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 06:32 PM   #10
Tdiddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjz1082 View Post
Those air vents come out really easy, in case you were wondering. Might be a little hard to wrap but you could def paint them. Or dip them. I have dipped the shifter trim and gauge trim a couple times but haven't decided on a final color yet. Once I have i plan on spraying the air vents and steering wheel trim also. I personally hate the shiny look. Really wish GM offered some kind of color conversion kit for all of those pieces. Living in AZ, the sun blinds you when it catches certain angles.
Thanks. I was actually thinking about that. I want all the silver purged from my car lol
Old 04-24-2020, 02:31 AM   #11
MakCamaro
Makis

Drives: 2020 Red Hot ZL1 A10
Nice thread. Thanks!
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 09:12 PM   #12
gonavy11

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS
Shifter bezel for automatic

I bought the custom painted shifter bezel from RPI and I am having problem taking stock center gear indicator to put in new bezel. Anyone know how to take it out of stock bezel. RPI have no instructions for install.
gonavy11 is offline   Reply With Quote