Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-03-2017, 10:55 PM   #15
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Why would he plug it if he has road hazard insurance...
Old 05-03-2017, 11:09 PM   #16
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
I feel you man, I'very found a screw in two different tires in the last week, and I got rear ended on the way home tonight.

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!
Burt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:02 AM   #17
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
From the pic it doesn't look near the side wall, but since you have road hazard you may as well use it...That spot could be plugged...You drive the speed limit anyway...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:41 AM   #18
riozlander
that guy <--------

Drives: 2012 camaro V6 LS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
From the pic it doesn't look near the side wall, but since you have road hazard you may as well use it...That spot could be plugged...You drive the speed limit anyway...
Yeah I'm going to see if I can get it patched at a diffident place 30 miles out from where I live.....i live in a not so umm....trustworthy place for shops that like to say you need new tires....they quoted me at 500$ for one of my tire witch I just walked out.

Actually I dont really pay attention to the speed limit..that one post I was trying to hyper mile to see what's the best mpg I can get. I can normally be found charging 80+ down the freeway or 5-10 over the posted limit

This OP probably seamed a little crazy. But as it is I'm working 6 days a week 4-5 hours of sleep and doing odd jobs anything to make that money to move with.
So I'm kinda tired ��......like delirious ��

So the way easytires.com works....is I send in my picks of sed damage they look at it and go yup they can't be repaired and reimburse me after i spend 103$ on another tie takes 7-10 days and another 2-5 days to tell me if there damaged beyond repair....and 7-10 days to ship them out I can't wait 2weeks.
I'm losing 10psi every 8 hours ��
riozlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 01:51 AM   #19
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
I would patch it.

I just patched one of my drag radials myself. A lot easier than I thought.
They shows use how to do that in my suspension and alignment class as it was considered part of that area on the car in my teaches mind and he was my mentor be for he passed away. Not hard pretty easy job I just have 0 tools I hope pep boys by my work will patch it and if so....I'll be buying one extra little thing a socket for putting on the OEM strut tower brace I bought that comes the 5th
Old 05-04-2017, 01:55 AM   #20
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Maybe that $52 BILLION tax hike we just received will hire a road sweeper. Nah, what was I thinking? I'm SO outta here is a few...
Every Tuesday morning from 7am-9am they sweep my street.
What confuzzles me is the Audi has the same tires....never a nail but now that I'm driving the freeways more vs canyon roads nails......i really dislike the 5 freeway
Old 05-04-2017, 02:34 AM   #21
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
So the way easytires.com works....is I send in my picks of sed damage they look at it and go yup they can't be repaired and reimburse me after i spend 103$ on another tie takes 7-10 days and another 2-5 days to tell me if there damaged beyond repair....and 7-10 days to ship them out I can't wait 2weeks.
I'm losing 10psi every 8 hours ��
I don't like the sound of that warranty at all...That's why I buy tires with nation wide service, so the decision can be made at the moment and it may cost $10.00 or so for the warranty on the new tire...

Man don't overwork yourself...Stress is very real silent killer...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 03:05 AM   #22
SS Wacko

Drives: 2013 2SS
yup... plug it, and don't drive through alleys
SS Wacko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 04:01 AM   #23
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
I feel you man, I'very found a screw in two different tires in the last week, and I got rear ended on the way home tonight.
I'd probably cry if I got rear ended. I'm absolutely in love with my Camaro. Just blown away by the quality of craftsman ship around the car. I hope it was not bad damage you got.
Old 05-04-2017, 04:11 AM   #24
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by STUNNAH View Post
I don't like the sound of that warranty at all...That's why I buy tires with nation wide service, so the decision can be made at the moment and it may cost $10.00 or so for the warranty on the new tire...

Man don't overwork yourself...Stress is very real silent killer...
My supervisor pulled a 32 hour shift. Sadly 300$ of that is getting taken away in taxes.
I'm trying hard to get proper sleep but, stuff like the tires come up and I got to go spend time dealing with it then something comes up and less time happens for sleep. Just a vicious cycle that keeps going. The one day day off sucks when you work grave yard shift it only feels like you get 12 hours off
All I got to do is make it tell September 20th...super lucky a ex co worker who moves to Texas Dallas area offered me to stay in his living room for 3-4 months for just his utilities cost 110$ a month.
I can just transfer my job out there for security and make the same with a extra cut in costs going up to 450$ a month. Think the only thing I will miss is the canyon roads. ��
Old 05-04-2017, 10:37 AM   #25
riozlander
that guy <--------

Well this story ends with pep boys saving the day. Went to the old one I been shopping and using for a decade(25 miles away where I use to live) as they sed I dont know what shady shop told you it could not be pluged or patched but that's fixable....and they gave me a wicked discount on a ratchet set normaly 20$ now 9$ so he'll yeah winning today
Old 05-04-2017, 10:42 AM   #26
Beardface

Drives: '11 topless 2LT RS & '05 Altima SER
Quote:
Originally Posted by riozlander View Post
Well this story ends with pep boys saving the day. Went to the old one I been shopping and using for a decade(25 miles away where I use to live) as they sed I dont know what shady shop told you it could not be pluged or patched but that's fixable....and they gave me a wicked discount on a ratchet set normaly 20$ now 9$ so he'll yeah winning today
NICE!

Yeah from the pic, I couldn't see any reason they would refuse to repair yours. I've had patches done on tires closer to the tirewall than that. Wouldn't go back to that first place if I were you.

Its like the guy who was in the shop with me last week. A place down the street refused to accept work on his Jeep (nail in the tire as well) because they thought his engine was shot. No, he had a manual and nobody in the shop could drive a stick and they kept stalling it.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:08 PM   #27
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
Good idea getting out of CA. One of the nicest presents you can give yourself. Tell 'em where to stick their CARB parts and smog test bs.
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 03:35 AM   #28
riozlander
that guy <--------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardface View Post
NICE!

Yeah from the pic, I couldn't see any reason they would refuse to repair yours. I've had patches done on tires closer to the tirewall than that. Wouldn't go back to that first place if I were you.

Its like the guy who was in the shop with me last week. A place down the street refused to accept work on his Jeep (nail in the tire as well) because they thought his engine was shot. No, he had a manual and nobody in the shop could drive a stick and they kept stalling it.
Well the industry standard use to be you can't patch or plug any holes on that spot of the tred in California. Pep boys told me naww that old like a decade old. Shops that say they just want to rip you off and sell you stuff thats alot of money and jack you wallet up. To bad for them I was ASE certified at one point and know the tricks. But pep boys there honest still. And I think my tower brace for the car comes tomorrow.

Also my repair was ONLY 9$ because my security company gives them alot of business for inspection and maintenance on there vehicles they saw my work shirt and dropped the price. Big big point scored for pep boys yesterday in my book