Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 04-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #435
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliveryMan View Post
It is almost as if the Dodge division is blowing out what little bit they have left before it goes defunct. This is smoke & mirrors for the division as a whole.

Really if you look at the Dodge line up all the cars are disappearing OR are on an ancient platform.

DODGE DART (compact car) gone as of 2016
DODGE AVENGER (midsize) gone as of 2014
CHALLENGER & CHARGER ( built on the same platform since 2005...with the Challenger arriving Model Yodel Year '09)
VIPER (sport car) gone as of 2017

Then jump over to the Chrysler division...the line up consists of 2 models!
The 300 and the Pacifica. (the 200 disappears after model year 2017)

Making the Demon almost seems like it might be on the DODGE Division's bucket list.
FCA is letting these divisions wither away.

Don't confuse my post as I do not want to see Dodge disappear and I like the idea of a car like the Demon but something is up.

FCA has already split the trucks into the RAM division.
Perhaps so they can sell RAM and Jeep....Chrysler is dead and Dodge has no new platform for the Charger and Challenger. the new generations were to be out for 2018, now it's been pushed to 2021....if it even happens.
Even the Dodge SUVs are not doing well in their segment. And the Pacifica is routinely on the list of excessive inventory and lower than forecast sales. The 300 wouldn't exist without the Charger...shoot the Challenger wouldn't exist without the Charger. Fleet sales and PR are the only things keeping them in production at this point.

You are definitely seeing the same warning signs I'm seeing. Marchionne is still after anyone to merge/buyout. Jeep and RAM will sell...but no one will want Dodge or Chrysler.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:11 PM   #436
whiteboyblues2001

Drives: 1SS, A8, MRC, NPP, Blade Spoiler
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeliveryMan View Post
It is almost as if the Dodge division is blowing out what little bit they have left before it goes defunct. This is smoke & mirrors for the division as a whole.

Really if you look at the Dodge line up all the cars are disappearing OR are on an ancient platform.

DODGE DART (compact car) gone as of 2016
DODGE AVENGER (midsize) gone as of 2014
CHALLENGER & CHARGER ( built on the same platform since 2005...with the Challenger arriving Model Yodel Year '09)
VIPER (sport car) gone as of 2017

Then jump over to the Chrysler division...the line up consists of 2 models!
The 300 and the Pacifica. (the 200 disappears after model year 2017)

Making the Demon almost seems like it might be on the DODGE Division's bucket list.
FCA is letting these divisions wither away.

Don't confuse my post as I do not want to see Dodge disappear and I like the idea of a car like the Demon but something is up.

FCA has already split the trucks into the RAM division.
Perhaps so they can sell RAM and Jeep....Chrysler is dead and Dodge has no new platform for the Charger and Challenger. the new generations were to be out for 2018, now it's been pushed to 2021....if it even happens.
What if they put the Challenger (or some other model) on the new Alfa Romeo Guilia platform. The Guilia is getting some good reviews, and the chassis is all new. Perhaps Dodge or Chrysler could put something on that new platform and make a solid vehicle.
whiteboyblues2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:23 PM   #437
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
you dont get invited to many parties , do you?
Gotta be from Tampa lol
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:29 PM   #438
SuperSound

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
What if they put the Challenger (or some other model) on the new Alfa Romeo Guilia platform. The Guilia is getting some good reviews, and the chassis is all new. Perhaps Dodge or Chrysler could put something on that new platform and make a solid vehicle.
If they do survive long enough that's exactly what they will be on. But they will be drastically smaller. This would eliminate many of the reasons people have been buying the Challenger. Such as rear seat room, trunk space, cushy ride, and more importantly cost. The Guilia starts at $37K and that's with a 2.0T. Much like the Camaro this gen, pricing is going to be up sharply. Especially considering how cheap the 10+ year old chassis is for FCA today it will be replacing. Then there's the fact you are not getting the current crop of HEMIs under the hood of it. Maybe a newer HEMI at some point, but it won't be anything like the Hellcat or Demon. A turbo 6 is probably going to be the replacement in the R/T.

Considering how Dodge has been advertising themselves lately and catering to their market, don't see how switching to the Alfa chassis is going to help with their current buyers.

"Voices in your head are not considered insider information."

3800 Status - 6/16/16 (Built!)
6000 status - 6/29/16 (Delivered!)
SuperSound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 03:56 PM   #439
SpeedIsLife

Drives: Current Camaro-less
Well that was interesting.

You know Dodge hit a sore spot when the "HURRADDUURRR I DRIVE CHEVY WOOO PIGGY!" come out of the woodwork.
SpeedIsLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:43 PM   #440
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Some of these posts just seem like flat out jealousy. Maybe I'm wrong, but reads like it. For years Dodge was the underdog, and with the Hellcat and now this, hasn't been and won't be, for a while at least.

I had a 2009 Challenger and the fit and finish was "ok". I just bought a 2016 Hellcat and it's WAAAAAY better. Much more refined. Still has some stuff that I think should have been better, but there are bean counters.

I have a 2016 2SS and there are things there that could be better was well.

Now my comments overall:

I think they used a supercharger as I don't think there's room for turbos and catalytic converters on this car. PD blower also makes more instant torque and they can use software to control how that comes on.

I do agree sales are real weird on Dodge cars right now. I picked up the Hellcat for a crazy price as it was left over. Brand new 12 miles on the clock and had been sitting on the dealer lot for 6 months. Won't be many folks that want a 700HP car much less willing to pay $71K for it. I'm an enthusiast and I wouldn't pay that!

The Demon had one purpose and that was to re-write history. If they sell 3300 units (which I'm told have ALL already sold) that may not even break even on the engineering time/material/effort.

If they change the Challenger platform to a smaller design, I wouldn't want one. Luckily they have stuck to what the car is meant to be, a big muscle car and not a sport coupe. IF they do change it, I predict taht will be the demise of the car. I'm deeeeep in the Challenger community and no one wants it to be a sport car.

Finally, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't SRT it's own division now? I think they get to play be a separate set of rules. Tim must have done some political jockying to set them up to kinda run rampant over there. Glad he worked it out, and just hope they can maintain that and a solid business model going forward.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:58 PM   #441
RobertSmith

Drives: Mitsubishi Evolution X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy1975 View Post
Some of these posts just seem like flat out jealousy. Maybe I'm wrong, but reads like it. For years Dodge was the underdog, and with the Hellcat and now this, hasn't been and won't be, for a while at least.

I had a 2009 Challenger and the fit and finish was "ok". I just bought a 2016 Hellcat and it's WAAAAAY better. Much more refined. Still has some stuff that I think should have been better, but there are bean counters.

Now my comments overall:

I think they used a supercharger as I don't think there's room for turbos and catalytic converters on this car. PD blower also makes more instant torque and they can use software to control how that comes on.

I do agree sales are real weird on Dodge cars right now. I picked up the Hellcat for a crazy price as it was left over. Brand new 12 miles on the clock and had been sitting on the dealer lot for 6 months. Won't be many folks that want a 700HP car much less willing to pay $71K for it. I'm an enthusiast and I wouldn't pay that!

The Demon had one purpose and that was to re-write history. If they sell 3300 units (which I'm told have ALL already sold) that may not even break even on the engineering time/material/effort.

If they change the Challenger platform to a smaller design, I wouldn't want one. Luckily they have stuck to what the car is meant to be, a big muscle car and not a sport coupe. IF they do change it, I predict taht will be the demise of the car. I'm deeeeep in the Challenger community and no one wants it to be a sport car.

Finally, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't SRT it's own division now? I think they get to play be a separate set of rules. Tim must have done some political jockying to set them up to kinda run rampant over there. Glad he worked it out, and just hope they can maintain that and a solid business model going forward.
If you would, what did you pay?
RobertSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 07:03 PM   #442
Davy_Baby9

Drives: Duramax
How long have people been saying that Dodge is about to go belly up? Instead of giving props I'm going to do an analysis of the whole model lineup, brb. lol
Davy_Baby9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 08:22 PM   #443
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
How long have people been saying that Dodge is about to go belly up? Instead of giving props I'm going to do an analysis of the whole model lineup, brb. lol
One picture... thousand words...
Old 04-12-2017, 08:40 PM   #444
Speedy1975
FASTER!

Drives: Challenger Hellcat, 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertSmith View Post
If you would, what did you pay?
I can't. I have some special relationships but if you jump on cars.com you'll see lots out there at present.

Speedy1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:44 PM   #445
RobertSmith

Drives: Mitsubishi Evolution X
Quote:
I can't. I have some special relationships but if you jump on cars.com you'll see lots out there at present.
That's ok, I was just curious.
RobertSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 10:16 PM   #446
Blacksapphire

Drives: 2ss/rs 6A
Quote:

Now my comments overall:

Agreed. Well put
Blacksapphire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 06:58 AM   #447
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy_Baby9 View Post
It really is ridiculous. I understand you want to defend your purchase and brand loyalty but if Chevy offered something similar it would be the biggest news this forum or the 5 forum has ever had. I see the problem as being hope was placed in the new SS to embarrass the Scatpack which didn't happen, then the ZL1 was going to beat the Hellcat which isn't happening. Now Dodge lays the wood to Chevy backside with the Demon all the while grabbing all the medias attention. Next up a new more powerful GT and a 500.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:35 AM   #448
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:

Now my comments overall:

Yup some of it is jealousy due to all the hype, I'm guilty. If I ask myself the question "Would I consider buying this if I were in the market for a new car now?", the answer would be yes. However, would I actually buy another Dodge - and pay above sticker? I highly doubt it. Now that hype has settled, what's so special about the car besides all the bells and whistles coming from the factory? The motor is just another forced induction small block. We can make identical power now.

But you get a warranty! Guess what? That means you're taking your new $100k 9 second car to Dodge service for the next 3 years. It took me 4 trips to the best dealership in my area to have them fix my blind spot monitoring over a period of 2 months. Hellcat owners have had to fight for claim coverage just for adding an air intake. Yes, there are examples like this for GM and Ford too. Which brings up the second main question that I'd ask myself, "Are you really not going to touch anything for 3 years/30k miles?" I would go crazy...that's part of the fun of owning a car like this.

For what this is going to cost you, it's not a slam dunk. There are plenty of other options to consider unless you need that warranty.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote