Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 03-13-2017, 08:44 PM   #29
Antista1974

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss 2nd cat delete
I was called back by my service provider and asked to fill out a survey and that it would really help him, even though my car was still not fixed, in fact its in the shop again now for same issue with mylink and he actually had the nerve to ask me yet again to fill out a stupid survey.....fix my car and then maybe I will help you out man.....the audacity.
Antista1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 10:00 PM   #30
Mad Mike

Drives: 2016 Chevy Camaro SS
I had to wait 84 days to get a replacement quarter panel. GM reimbursed me around $1,400 for the amount of down time with my car. Now I'm dealing with the rear end issue. It's been replaced and is now making the same noise. Customer outreach and my dealer have been very helpful. But at this point it's becoming more of a lemon law issue.
Mad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 10:32 PM   #31
BlueCamaro6

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
Awaiting an arbitration hearing date since GM refuses to do anything other than attempt repair after repair with the same problems present. I'm surprised to read people actually got something out of GM.

2016 2SS, A8, NAV, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Hyperblue (GM buyback)

1999 Trans Am Firehawk, M6, headers, no-cats, slp exhaust, hot cam, intake, 3:73 gears. Red/Blk
BlueCamaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:15 AM   #32
Garrett52

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCamaro6 View Post
Awaiting an arbitration hearing date since GM refuses to do anything other than attempt repair after repair with the same problems present. I'm surprised to read people actually got something out of GM.
Still working on it.. We'll see what happens
Garrett52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:36 AM   #33
Whitemaro6

Drives: 16 Summit white, Ceramic white 2SS
This is all really not comforting......
Whitemaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 11:44 AM   #34
Garrett52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemaro6 View Post
This is all really not comforting......
Tell me about it. I just want to enjoy my car. I have not modified anything because I don't know if the car will end up being repurchased. Hopefully they compensate me fairly and I can use the money to do things to the car.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:48 AM   #35
RALLYELLOW2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by keon718nyc View Post
You have a lot of patience my friend. Put me in your position i would have been flipping the hell out by now and sleeping at the dealer till they work on it. I would call every dam day they had that car asking what is being done daily and when am i getting my car back ect. If you can go that route on the lemon law then start the process asap.
I am there now.They want to repair and repaint the roof where it was damaged at some point before I purchased it. Also I was told that the front spoiler was replaced well now they admit to repairing front facia.Gm Rep now says paint is "Acceptable" Just going to talk to a attorney and let them deal with GM. Bad feeling when you are lied to by Chevrolet and The trusted dealer Anyone else with Damage before purchase?
RALLYELLOW2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:08 PM   #36
TimsZ28

Drives: '16 2SS, '14 Z71
I was provided a great car at a steal of a price.
Old 04-30-2017, 11:31 PM   #37
meyouand987.2

Drives: 2011 Cayman R 2017 1LE
The paint on my track car (a 5 year old Cayman) is better than the paint on my buddies new 1LE, my 2014 1LE is waay better than his too. Really sorry to hear that all of you are having to fight so hard to get a factory defect fixed. One poster nailed it when he said they do not want to admit to anything, as the recall to "fix" it would hurt. Just like the ignition key issue, I am sure some bean counter has weighed out the price difference between fixing them vs fighting everyone and I am sure they included the cost of losing all future brand sales in that equation too.
meyouand987.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #38
Red_Devil16

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Man none of this is comforting at all. I have been dealing with my DIC issue for the past 3 months and was just finally told it may possibly be fixed by the end of this week. I don't have any faith in them. But after dealing with the GM service rep i was given a payment back for the troubles I've been having. She said once the car was fixed they would help me out with getting some sort of accessory for the car from the dealership.

After this I am done with GM. I haven't had my car for two weeks and I'm already tired of not having it. I don't know how some of you guys have gone up to 100 days without your car. I would have lost my sh** by now. Granted my dealership gave me a huge 4x4 silverado that gets garbage fuel mileage compared to the camaro.

I know they told me there is a chance to have my car back by the end of the week but still tempted to go and get the car from them so I can still enjoy the car and not paying out the tail for fuel in this stupid truck.

I wish I had read all of this stuff before the purchase of the car because, like a possible few of us, the purchase would not have happened as there are several other performance options out there to have tons of fun driving. I'm personally done with GM after this car is fixed. GM does care they are losing me I know and any car you get could have problems, but peace of mind not dealing with their bs on this car anymore will be nice.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #39
NITRA10

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett52 View Post
Tell me about it. I just want to enjoy my car. I have not modified anything because I don't know if the car will end up being repurchased. Hopefully they compensate me fairly and I can use the money to do things to the car.
Let me assure you, you will not be compensated fairly if you deal with GM on your own.
NITRA10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 12:16 PM   #40
Garrett52

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITRA10 View Post
Let me assure you, you will not be compensated fairly if you deal with GM on your own.
I've been working with the attorney you suggested a while back. Its been a slow process because the car had to go back, but YES this is very true. GM will not fairly compensate without an attorney. I highly suggest other's with these issues to look into getting help. It was much easier than I thought it would be. Actually takes a lot of the work away from me having to deal with it.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:53 PM   #41
Cali85SS

Drives: Black 2016 SS
I agree, it is a long process. I have been going the same route since December. Still not settled.
Cali85SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 08:36 PM   #42
Red_Devil16

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett52 View Post
I've been working with the attorney you suggested a while back. Its been a slow process because the car had to go back, but YES this is very true. GM will not fairly compensate without an attorney. I highly suggest other's with these issues to look into getting help. It was much easier than I thought it would be. Actually takes a lot of the work away from me having to deal with it.
Can you elaborate on the process you are going through?