Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

Phastek Performance

Old 03-09-2017, 01:32 PM   #43
WILWAXU

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by reeper View Post
Does the 1LE have the blind-spot detection? I wasn't sure.
No
WILWAXU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:36 PM   #44
SS 1LE
マスタング = 遅い

Drives: 2017 Chevrolet Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmcss View Post
You can buy the 1LE stuff from thatgmpartsguy.com/performance/
  • FE4 (1LE Suspension) components for SS models
  • GM 1LE Wheels (Not MRR)
  • Shorth Throw Shifter (Same as 1LE)
  • 6 Piston Brakes
  • Hood Wrap with Hashmarks on the sides
  • Front Splitter
  • Lip Spoiler

The only thing you can not get is ELSD and PDR...
But you get all the fancy stuff in the 2SS and the possibility of the A8...
Also: PTM (performance traction management), the suede trim, other satin painted parts, powder coated calipers, and the Supercar 3 tires...some of which you can't really get.

The cost to build one, even not including everything (as you can't get it all) would be like 2-3 times the $6500 option price.

BUT, it's up to the owner to do what they want regardless.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:39 PM   #45
TJay74

Drives: 17 Camaro SS 1LE & 16 Sierra AT CC
Quote:
No, but that really isn't a big safety feature to me.
TJay74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 03:36 PM   #46
Ian SS

Drives: 2016 1SS, 2017 JKU Wrangler
If you are even arguing that you can build a 2ss to be similar to a 1LE then you likely don't do the kind of driving that warrants the 1LE in the first place.

If you don't understand the importance of e-LSD and PTM you're probably better off with the 2SS.

2018 Ram Rebel 4x4 5.7
Ian SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 04:23 PM   #47
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
Quote:
No, as above.
Nor the rear cross traffic alert that is part of the same overall system. If you've ever had an irritable kid in the car while backing out of a parking space you might appreciate what I'm getting at.
The OP said he likes the "looks" of the 1LE. He didn't mention the admittedly great performance gadgets like e-LSD and PTM.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 06:40 PM   #48
BRM ZL1

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE
I appreciate everyone's suggestions and comments I am currently trying to work a deal on 1LE they are surprisingly trying to work with me more on the price then the price on the 2SS. If it falls through there is a Black 2SS at koons for a good price with the 6piston front brakes dealer add on option. Looking forward to hopefully getting back into a camaro.
BRM ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 07:55 PM   #49
reeper

Drives: 2010 HD D/A, 2015 Z06, 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post

The cost to build one, even not including everything (as you can't get it all) would be like 2-3 times the $6500 option price.

hahaha... I hope you said that 1/2 joking. you belive what you want but putting 21k into a 2SS and I'm guessing someone could throw a SC in it, weels/tires and a killer rear-end to plant the power and run circles around a stock 1LE. Even at 13k for wheels/tires and suspension would be killer. Don't get me wrong the 1LE is a GREAT car out of the box but let's talk sensibly.
OEM Blackout tail-lamps
OEM SEMA Grille
35% window tint
Black glow-tie
BMR Suspension (Pretty much everything)
ACS rear-deck spoiler
Rotofab CAI
Lolly-pop red rotors by Madison Powder Coating
reeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:11 AM   #50
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
A couple things, regarding the threadjacking argument taking place...the e-diff is probably the most important "performance" feature of the 1LE, which you cant get on a 2ss. Keep in mind that the 1LE is a "track" package and to those who may not know, "track" does not mean a drag strip. Slapping a supercharger on a car and "putting the power down" is comparing apples to oranges in this scenario. Essentially this car becomes a ZL1 without custom launch control, line lock with an LT1 NA motor and slightly different body parts.

The complete list of features of the 1LE package is MRC, brake cooling ducts, 6 piston brembos, ZL1 wheel/tire setup (with slightly different wheels), HUD, PTM settings which drastically alter the response of traction control, front splitter / wing, NPP exhaust, eLSD with a cooler, recaros, suede steering wheel and shifter, and the wrapped hood. I dont think its a stretch to say it would cost 18-20k to buy all these parts separately (if you could) AND have them all installed. This kind of transitions into my next statement which is essentially that if you want a 1LE you just buy a 1LE there is no question lol.

Regarding the OPs question this may or may not be helpful but I think if you even have to ask yourself the question of 1LE or 2SS you would be happier in a 2SS in the long run.
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 05:42 AM   #51
foundcamarolifeisgood

Drives: 2011 2SS
I test drove a 2SS this week. Great car, but unfortunately, there was both a ZL1 and a 1LE in the lot. GM is making this a very difficult decision. The stance, blade spoiler and extra tire+wheel width on the 1LE is a home-run look, but I want an A8 and blind spot detection. It will cost another $4k for the blade, tires, TPMS and wheels.

The 1LE package is a tremendous bargain for what you get.
foundcamarolifeisgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 06:28 AM   #52
7stringtheory

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundcamarolifeisgood View Post
I test drove a 2SS this week. Great car, but unfortunately, there was both a ZL1 and a 1LE in the lot. GM is making this a very difficult decision. The stance, blade spoiler and extra tire+wheel width on the 1LE is a home-run look, but I want an A8 and blind spot detection. It will cost another $4k for the blade, tires, TPMS and wheels.

The 1LE package is a tremendous bargain for what you get.
I took my 1LE to Motorsports Ranch Cresson this past weekend for an HPDE, and one of the instructors who drives a WRX that was riding with another guy in a 1LE said the 1LE blew him away. He said that for $40k you cannot buy a better track car, period.
7stringtheory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:30 AM   #53
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringtheory View Post
I took my 1LE to Motorsports Ranch Cresson this past weekend for an HPDE, and one of the instructors who drives a WRX that was riding with another guy in a 1LE said the 1LE blew him away. He said that for $40k you cannot buy a better track car, period.
That's what Motor Trend said when reviewing the best drivers cars.

2012 Yukon XL Denali w/ 6.2 AWD
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:55 PM   #54
SSmash

Drives: Mosaic Black Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogsFan75 View Post
It still won't be a 1LE.
It would actually be better...since he'd have the 2SS goodies.

As long as you don't go with any 1LE badging, I'd be down to make a better 1LE version. To me it just sounds like the 1LE guys are a little bothered by how easy it is to make them look similar. I don't see there being a big deal with making them look/perform similarly.

For those that have no interest in tracking their car, but like the aesthetics of the 1LE...I think it's great that aftermarket makes it an option for those people.
SSmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:11 PM   #55
quikag

Drives: 2SS '16 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7stringtheory View Post
Haha, I know that instructor. He repeated the same comment on Facebook.

1LE is a track beast for sure!

Also:
2010 ZR1
2018 GT3
2013 LX570
quikag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:22 PM   #56
Flyer

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS and an old Lexus SUV
Thought long and hard about 1LE vs. 2SS...

Had the 1LE come with blindspot detection and cross traffic alert, I would have gone that way. Without them, the choice was a no brainer... 2SS.