Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 02-11-2017, 05:06 AM   #29
ggaites

Drives: 2021 ZL1 6MT
Every time it has rained (rare in SoCal) since I've had the car I take advantage of the opportunity to practice and learn the cars behavior. I learned that the traction control doesn't prevent a 360 degree spinout (wet parking lot).

I went out tonight in the rain and hit some twisties. Track mode with both traction controls off. It's good to learn how to control the car when the back end gets loose, and also to know when the front end will push, and when the tires will lock.

Braking hard is the easiest and safest way to become familiar with the grip of your tires on any road surface. Get to know them, know what they will do. Feel where the car loses grip.

Better to know where the edge is than to go over it by accident. Surprises cause panic.

I use the modes mainly to adjust the steering feel. Firm on the freeway and loose around town.

And when I'm feeling frisky (which is almost always) it's Sport or Track mode with all nannies off, especially in the rain.

I have been enjoying Snow/Ice mode lately because of the "Stealth" exhaust. Steering is very light. It's kind of cool to be fast and quiet.

https://youtu.be/8wGkCeFTI_s

Last edited by ggaites; 02-12-2017 at 10:55 PM.
ggaites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 07:22 AM   #30
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
put it in sport mode and STOMP it -it'll be a lot of fun-Hang on!
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 02:14 PM   #31
MotownBoy

Drives: 2017 2SS Stick Hyper Blue
Never considered the snow/ice mode; forgot about it.

This is a good thread given all the combinations available in today's high tech world.

I'm an old (by years anyway) Detroit News truck driver from the 1960s. Back then I drove everything from pickups to stake trucks to semis. We had a usually worn set of brakes and tires
and a 4 speed tranny to stay between the ditches with the RWD trucks. Loaded, the trucks were pretty good in snow/ice. Empty often lead to some fairly exciting diving!
MotownBoy is offline   Reply With Quote