Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 01-24-2017, 05:35 PM   #15
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
For comparison, my ported intakes flow 20-21% better than stock (10-11% better than the Colorado intake, which is why I never bothered to try one because it would have been a lot of extra work to make the rest of the stuff I mentioned above fit.

You also have to remember that the engine or ecm isn't seeing the whole 10-20% airflow increase. I test the intakes with a throttle body only on the flow bench. So if you were to test a cylinder head through the intake valves open at max lift, with the intake pieces, throttle body, CAI of your choice with air filter, you'd likely only see a 2-3% change all together as a whole system, so yes, the ecm can compensate. I only flow the intakes by themselves to test consistency of the porting.

I don't think the Colorado intake would be worth the effort and extra cost to make it work. You'll probably spend just as much or more than me porting an intake for you by the time it's all said and done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason, thanks for the info, it is very much appreciated. Always nice to hear from someone with an informed opinion.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 05:40 PM   #16
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
Jason - How long approximately will a stock intake need to be in your possession before you turn around and send back?
Shipping ground from Oregon is the killer. Might want to pop for second day air. Otherwise it's west coast to east coast, that's like a week. Jason sent my spacers out on a Tuesday, and I got them on Saturday, and that's to Michigan.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:14 PM   #17
sspade

Drives: 2015 Camaro LFX A6
I realize shipping time is a huge variable and tough to predict.

I'm wondering exactly how long Jason will have it in his possession before it is put back into the mail...
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
sspade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 10:23 PM   #18
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
FWIW, I've done a little porting on the Colorado manifold as well and there's a lip on the roof after the entrance that responds well to the very minimal effort it takes to port it out. The inlet is also 79.5mm already.

Whether it'll fit on a Camaro, I have no idea. The 80mm throttle body will work well if you flip it upside down, connector should reach. This manifold also comes on 12-16 Acadia (but with a different lower aluminum section), 14+ Impala and 13+ Equinox/Terrain.
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:03 AM   #19
BluedEvil21

Drives: 2013 Camaro v6 hot wheels edition
Great to know will thanks for the info!
Old 01-25-2017, 11:14 AM   #20
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Jason - How long approximately will a stock intake need to be in your possession before you turn around and send back?
Quote:
I realize shipping time is a huge variable and tough to predict.

I'm wondering exactly how long Jason will have it in his possession before it is put back into the mail...
I can usually get them back into the mail within 2-3 days of receiving it
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 11:52 AM   #21
sspade

That seems reasonable. Thanks for the response.
Cold Air Inductions CAI : Apex Air Scoop / WW Relocate Kit : JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer : Overkill 80mm Throttle Body : Overkill Tuned : MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust : Elite Engineering Catch Can : ZL1 Strut Tower Brace : Custom Tunnel Brace : JPSS Caster Locks : JPSS 32mm Rear Sway Bar : JPSS Billet Radius Arm Bushings : Pegasus Solid Sub Frame Bushings : 1LE Brembo Conversion : B&M 70273 Trans Cooler
Old 01-25-2017, 04:49 PM   #22
Pete M
9 Year USMC Vet

Drives: 2014 1LT black on black
Looking at pics onlIne, it looks like the Canyon manifold intake opening angles upwards slightly.
Makes me wonder about fitment and clearance if we intend to run with the hood closed...
Just a thought
Old 01-25-2017, 04:58 PM   #23
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete M View Post
Looking at pics onlIne, it looks like the Canyon manifold intake opening angles upwards slightly.
Makes me wonder about fitment and clearance if we intend to run with the hood closed...
Just a thought
It would be nice to get our hands on a cheap one and do some R+D. I got an email in to a local bone yard but no response yet. If they have one, I may pick it up when I do my spacers in the spring to test fit and see if the hood will close with the spacers and the canyon mani.
Old 01-25-2017, 05:31 PM   #24
willoverkill

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete M View Post
Just a thought
I have doubts that it'd fit, certainly not with the JacFab spacer which works very well on the Colorado manifold as well
willoverkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:24 PM   #25
Pete M
9 Year USMC Vet

Drives: 2014 1LT black on black
Quote:
Originally Posted by willoverkill View Post
I have doubts that it'd fit, certainly not with the JacFab spacer which works very well on the Colorado manifold as well
Do we know if any of the other LFX manifolds will fit and have better airflow?
This could be interesting.
Wish I had access to an "auto parts recycling yard!"
Old 01-25-2017, 06:34 PM   #26
BluedEvil21

Drives: 2013 Camaro v6 hot wheels edition
I should be getting my intake in by next week and will let people know about hood clearance...
Old 01-25-2017, 07:50 PM   #27
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Will, what about the Cadillac and the Buick LFX intakes? Are any of those at the 79.5mmTB opening as opposed to the 72mmTB Camaro?
Old 01-25-2017, 07:55 PM   #28
sspade

Good question. My dad has an XTS. Been bugging him to get an Overkill TB, JacFab IM spacer and especially a EE catch can... he doesn't seem that interested... LOL.