Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 12-02-2016, 09:46 AM   #43
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Hey Brad,

I do like cookies

Wait so you left credit card in the space or you just used it as a tool to shove felt in the crack? How much felt was used? Where can I buy felt?

Keep us posted on the center gauge cluster rattle, I have it also (make video for it plz)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:56 AM   #44
Bradl1982

Drives: 17 Camaro 2SS
No just used the credit card to shove it in there then pulled the credit card out. I plan on figuring out something else to do because I still have a piece of felt sticking out. I just used a small square of it bout 2 inches. You can get it anywhere, walmart, craft stores, etc.
Bradl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 10:09 AM   #45
Slem

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS (Auto) Loaded
The problem with the square plugs in the bottom of the door is because they are harder plastic that fit poorly, if they were made with softer rubber I believe there would be no issue. You could even use 4 little dabs of clear silicone on each edge of the plug then reinstall it, once it sets up it should be good.
Slem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:58 PM   #46
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian97c View Post
https://vimeo.com/193975771

I checked the two plugs on my driver's door as I was getting into my car this morning to leave for work. The rear one is definitely looser than the front one. However, I don't experience any consistent rattling. I do get some rattling every now and then, usually on songs with more pronounced bass, but it's not (yet) at a point where it's annoying.
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 02:58 PM   #47
NY Andrew

Drives: 2016 Camaro V6 2LT RS Fully Loaded
Wow thanks!!! Been too lazy to actually get down and look at the door but I had one of those black pieces completely falling OUT! Must have been from when they half assed fixing some small issues. Then the other one was rattling and all I did was get a paper towel and push it in then remove the excess. Works perfect. My door panel does rattle but not as bad as yours and that actually wasn't an issue I think that me bottom peg was the biggest issue and yet it was fixed but not fully. The other thing which I THOUGHT was the door was actually the back seatbelt rattling on the side plastic!!!! Who would've thought!! So now it's fully fixed though. Thanks everyone! Still hear some rattle elsewhere throughout the car but barely noticeable not as bad as it being right next to your ear.
My 2016 Camaro Bose Subwoofer Install
2016 Camaro V6 Stock to Borla Atak Exhaust Sound
2016 Camaro V6 Resonator & X-Pipe Replace with Midpipe & Borla Atak
NY Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 02:43 AM   #48
MrNoMercy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Adrian... that's exactly where I was talking about. Sorry I didn't reply sooner but when you touched your plug it did exactly what mine did. I'm glad to see this is helping folks out.
MrNoMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 02:47 AM   #49
MrNoMercy

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slem View Post
The problem with the square plugs in the bottom of the door is because they are harder plastic that fit poorly, if they were made with softer rubber I believe there would be no issue. You could even use 4 little dabs of clear silicone on each edge of the plug then reinstall it, once it sets up it should be good.
I think for me the colder weather made it show up more so because as it gets colder the plastic gets harder. I was hating life owning this car until I figured out what it was. Now.. I'm happy as ever.
MrNoMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:45 AM   #50
TBSS2008

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS/2SS blk 6M
Thank you for this fix! I just taped the two plastic plugs on each door with boxing tape so they wont rattle. For the first time since owning the car I was able to cranked up the Bose sounds system, Damn it sounds good. Those plastic plugs were probably 70% of my rattling issues. I also have one coming from the dash and the rear deck.
TBSS2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 04:15 PM   #51
EMTNLSS

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
The rear plugs on each of my doors were really loose so I put tape over them and now I have none to hardly any rattle noise. Thanks for the fix!

Current Mods: Catch Can | aFe Lowering Springs | GM 2nd Gen Splitter | Hotchkis Sway Bars | MRR FS02 Wheels | Flowmaster Exhaust | Dark Tail Lights | Diode Dynamics Sidemarkers | Roto Fab | Solar TB | PRAY Ported IM | BMR | PRAY Tune

Upcoming Mods:
EMTNLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 11:06 AM   #52
Adrian97c

Drives: Wife's 14' IS 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNoMercy View Post
Adrian... that's exactly where I was talking about. Sorry I didn't reply sooner but when you touched your plug it did exactly what mine did. I'm glad to see this is helping folks out.

No prob, Between your info & my video seems lots of people are benefiting from this thread now!

Built on • 3/22/16
Adopted • 4/07/16

Sold on 2/05/16:
2014 Camaro SW L99, 2SS, RS, NAV, Inferno Orange Interior:
-Borla ATAK catback
-Range AFM delete
-15% tint all around
-Red LED interior bulbs
-55k white Cree LED fogs
-License plate LED bulb swap
-12" Sub Kit, BA amp swap
-Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers
Adrian97c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 12:43 PM   #53
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Dam, Glad i read this post, thought i was going crazy with this door rattle, gonna go in my garage later today and follow what you all are saying and happy to have information like this here that hopefully will solve my rattle problem. Thanks again!!!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 02:59 PM   #54
Lukemo

Drives: '17 1LT RS V6 6M NPP
Yeah I cut up a micro fiber towel, pulled out the plugs, them pushed them back in using the towel pieces to create a tighter fit. Worked perfectly! No rattles at all.
Lukemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 04:43 PM   #55
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Dam i must say i am glad i found this thread! Both the drivers an passengers side had 1 loose plug and the other 2 were so, so. I pulled them all out and adjusted them a bit, added a tiny piece of electric tape to keep them in place and the noise is fully gone with my bass on full blast. I am more then happy as this rattle in the doors was kinda buggin the crap out of me and thought it was deeper in the panel. Very easy fix and others that have any rattle because of the bass needs to look into this first. Thank you once again for this info!!!!
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 01:16 AM   #56
Stoner

Drives: 2017 ZL1 HBM, M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi DougCBJ,

I am sorry to hear of this rattle noise concern you're experiencing with your Camaro. Should you decide to visit your dealership for a diagnostic appointment, feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to facilitate a service visit on your behalf and provide an additional layer of support on our end. Please include your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and preferred dealership in your message if you would like our assistance.

Kindly,

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Stoner is offline   Reply With Quote