Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-22-2016, 03:26 AM   #15
AndyUK

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by addisonpeterson View Post
I'm from California and I'm currently visiting Paris and different parts of Italy right now and I've noticed there aren't very many American cars around. Do you think people will look at you weird if you drive a Camaro or Corvette around the UK?
Most people either don't know what they are and just ignore you, or they do know and are generally appreciative.

Everyone loves the sound of a V8.

I had a Vauxhall VXR8 (Holden Clubsport as they are made in Australia by GM) and I quite often caught people walking around it asking their mates what kind of Vectra it was (Saturn Aura in the US I think).

I am guessing we are going to get a certain amount of "is that a bumblebee" from the younger audience.

There is a website here where you can check how many cars get road taxed each year of a particular model name - there are around 1000 Corvettes and 700 Camaros on the roads in the UK at the moment. Thats not bad going considering even a car like an Audi S6 which is available in RHD has only 1000 registered, even the Mustang has only 4000 and 2000 of those were registered in the last 2-3 years.

Since 2012 there has been about 200 Camaros registered in the UK.

Being a left hand drive - you can stick a child or dog in the front passenger seat and get some really odd looks from drivers going the other way!

Last edited by AndyUK; 11-22-2016 at 03:51 AM.
AndyUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:34 AM   #16
AndyUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Camaro View Post
I am new to Camaros having owned Corvettes for most of the last 25 years. I currently have a 2013 Grand Sport. It's the only one ever made by GM to that specification, but it’s time for a change.

Such is my passion for your fabulous cars that I am awaiting a UK Spec yellow LT1 Coupe which is on order from the only authorised Camaro distributor. The car is in Belgium waiting to be moved to England soon, I hope. It will be the first one to be sold over here.

I have been lurking on this forum for a few days and look forward to getting more involved, but I may have a few questions to start with (if that's ok).
Let us know how long it takes to get from Belgium, mine is crossing the atlantic now so I would love to have an idea on how long it then takes to get to the UK once it hits Europe!

What are you planning to do about front licence plate?
Old 11-23-2016, 09:09 AM   #17
Jimtasteek

Drives: S197 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyUK View Post
Let us know how long it takes to get from Belgium, mine is crossing the atlantic now so I would love to have an idea on how long it then takes to get to the UK once it hits Europe!

What are you planning to do about front licence plate?
Just to chip on this one - I've bought a Sto N Sho from Phastek for mine. The dealer did mention however that they have access to some grille-mounting plates too, for around £60. So there are options!

PS my car isn't due until next April but I'm excited anyway.
Jimtasteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:32 AM   #18
OddJack

Drives: Submarine
What? they have camaros in UK? And the wheel is on the right side? And you drive on the left side? and you can race the black taxis?
OddJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 09:36 AM   #19
AndyUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimtasteek View Post
Just to chip on this one - I've bought a Sto N Sho from Phastek for mine. The dealer did mention however that they have access to some grille-mounting plates too, for around £60. So there are options!

PS my car isn't due until next April but I'm excited anyway.
ah ok - the stock one looks like it doesn't actually block the grille, although its in front of part of it, it does actually hang down in front of it as an L so the grille itself should still get air flow

the sto n sho is great in terms of easily being able to remove the plate, just not sure I like how it looks actually on the car

I mean, front plates always look rubbish, but unfortunately being legally required there isn't much you can do

already been through the hassle of oddly fitted / front windscreen / sticker plates with my old RX7 and not sure I can be bothered with all that again, so the dealer fitted one looks like the best of a bad idea so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by OddJack View Post
What? they have camaros in UK? And the wheel is on the right side? And you drive on the left side? and you can race the black taxis?
the wheel is still on the left
you can try racing black taxis but they have their own lane most of the time so its not much of a race
Old 11-23-2016, 10:03 AM   #20
Eos

Drives: Camaro Coupé 2.0T AT8 (EU version)
Hi AndyUK!,

Quote:
I'm in the same situation: my car should be on a ship now as the estimated time of arrival at Zeebrugge for my Camaro should be December 5.

Were you able to track shipping from US?

See you!,
Eos
Eos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 10:25 AM   #21
AndyUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eos View Post
Hi AndyUK!,

I'm in the same situation: my car should be on a ship now as the estimated time of arrival at Zeebrugge for my Camaro should be December 5.

Were you able to track shipping from US?

See you!,
Eos
No, no tracking, I got told 3 weeks ago that it was built and waiting shipment so I emailed again this morning and got told it changed status 4 days ago to say it was on the boat and it usually takes about 2 weeks to get across the atlantic - so that sounds like our cars are on the same boat!
Old 11-23-2016, 10:57 AM   #22
Dalle

Drives: 2016 Nightfall grey 2SS A8
Mine took about three weeks from Zeebrugge to Stockholm Sweden, totally worth the wait! I got mine in September.
Does anyone knows if and when the clear tail lights will be available for the Euro spec Camaro?
Dalle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:45 AM   #23
ParisTNDude
Owning SSes for 50 Years

Drives: Sharkskin Grey LT1
Hey, Rich...jump on the channel boat, got to Belgium and pick up your ride! Lol...I know that's not possible, but I'm sure you wish it were. You are going to enjoy your new Camaro. When you get it, give us a few notes on how the Euro spec Camaro differs from the US spec car. Good luck on your new car.

Previous Performance Cars:

1966 Chevelle SS 4M, 2010 Corvette 6M
1968 Dodge Charger R/T Auto 2012 1SS 6M
1982 Corvette Auto 2010 1SS 6A
1984 Corvette Auto 2016 2SS 8A
1999 Camaro Auto 2017 HBM 1SS 1le
2002 C5 Corvette 6M 2018 2SS
2006 Corvette Auto 2023 Camaro LT1
ParisTNDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 12:03 PM   #24
UK Camaro

Drives: 2017 Yellow UK Spec Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisTNDude View Post
Hey, Rich...jump on the channel boat, got to Belgium and pick up your ride! Lol...I know that's not possible, but I'm sure you wish it were. You are going to enjoy your new Camaro. When you get it, give us a few notes on how the Euro spec Camaro differs from the US spec car. Good luck on your new car.
I did buy a Corvette new in Germany once, and had it run in by the time I got it home!! Alas I'll have to wait for the dealer to do his stuff on the Camaro first.

I can't get the options list yet but I'll let you know. The car in terms of engine, interior etc is the same, but I'm guessing that there will be some changes to the lights (left hand dipping, rear fog lights etc), headlight washers, mirrors, emissions and radio/tyre pressure/key fob frequencies.
England
UK Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:30 PM   #25
Jimtasteek

Drives: S197 Mustang
As soon as you guys' UK spec cars arrive I DEMAND to hear all about them. And pics of course!!!
Jimtasteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 03:22 PM   #26
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
I second that!
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 08:53 AM   #27
Eos

Hi AndyUK!,

Quote:
so that sounds like our cars are on the same boat!
Yes.. literally! I really can't wait having MY car here..

See you!,
Eos
Old 11-24-2016, 08:56 AM   #28
Eos

Hi Dalle!,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalle View Post
Does anyone knows if and when the clear tail lights will be available for the Euro spec Camaro?
Clear? Do you mean the smoked (dark) version instead of the OEM red version? I've never seen clear tail lights for the current 6th generation Camaro..

See you!!,
Eos