Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-07-2016, 07:48 PM   #43
doc7000

Drives: 2004 Pontiac Grand Prix
According to the Motor Authority article the cheapest you can get the V-6 1LE for is $32,895 which is a bit cheaper then the initially anticipated price of around $35,000 for the car. That makes it a really good deal, if only someone had a head and cam package for that engine that took it to about 8,000rpms and a bit more power then it would be perfect.
doc7000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 07:59 PM   #44
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Here's a good one...

http://www.slashgear.com/2017-chevro...rlds-07462979/

Old 11-07-2016, 08:00 PM   #45
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
According to the Motor Authority article the cheapest you can get the V-6 1LE for is $32,895 which is a bit cheaper then the initially anticipated price of around $35,000 for the car. That makes it a really good deal, if only someone had a head and cam package for that engine that took it to about 8,000rpms and a bit more power then it would be perfect.
If you wanted to do a head and cam(4 cams!) package on a V6 1LE, I would just step up to a no option SS, which is essentially the same thing as a V6 1LE, except with the LT1 V8.
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 08:23 PM   #46
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS 1LE View Post
Motor Authority: http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...-track-package

Looks like the SS 1LE's official top speed is 186 mph.

"......but keeps building speed up to 186 mph."
Wow.. great pictures in that link!
Old 11-07-2016, 09:33 PM   #47
COmaro

Drives: Many
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
If you wanted to do a head and cam(4 cams!) package on a V6 1LE, I would just step up to a no option SS, which is essentially the same thing as a V6 1LE, except with the LT1 V8.
Except for the 250lb of extra weight on the SS.
COmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2016, 10:25 PM   #48
DannyB

Drives: Impala
Since the OP has apparently abandoned the thread, could a Mod please take all of the other reviews posted in the thread and add them to the OP?
DannyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:04 AM   #49
vtirocz

Quote:
Originally Posted by COmaro View Post
Except for the 250lb of extra weight on the SS.
The SS is only 150 lb heavier than the 1LE version of the V6 camaro, not 250. The links below are the only available base SS manual and V6 1LE datapoints I'm aware of.

Base SS manual: 3672 lb
V6 1LE: 3516 lb

http://www.motortrend.com/news/2016-...t-test-review/
http://www.caranddriver.com/features...p-2016-feature
Old 11-08-2016, 06:23 AM   #50
GMUSA#1

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefBorOzzy View Post
It really is stunning. Those wheels have got to be some of the best designed I have seen.
Right behind you on your taste about the rims!! I thought the same thing about the Gen5 Z/28 rims, and still do. I corrected your 'hot' to 'got' spelling in the reply, hope you don't mind.
GMUSA#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:31 AM   #51
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Can someone explain to me something about the features of the 1LE that you hear these goofy video hosts dumb down for the masses?

I always here them list off the features of the car as if they're unique to the 1LE, specifically the 6 pistons, magnetic ride, and the short throw shifter are tossed right in there with "the special aero". We all know that the special aero is the blade and front splitter and that you can get an SS with them. When I see the 6 piston brakes, I was really surprised to see that they don't include the same slotted rotors that I got with my factory SS 6 pistons.

So I think you can tell what my question will be already...are the short throw shifters really any different from a regular SS to 1LE? Same question about the magnetic ride.

I have to say that I love the 1LE and I drew a lot of inspiration from it in the way I optioned and built my car. It's not a car that I'd want to live with, but I've cherry picked the features that made the most sense for me or went after-market to replicate them. I also think it's fantastic that GM bought an M4 to let people conduct a comparison. It says a lot about what they've accomplished and it saved me a lot of money lol
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:57 AM   #52
Iron Oak
Club Motorsports Track Op

Drives: STI, Land Rover and future 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post
Can someone explain to me something about the features of the 1LE that you hear these goofy video hosts dumb down for the masses?

I always here them list off the features of the car as if they're unique to the 1LE, specifically the 6 pistons, magnetic ride, and the short throw shifter are tossed right in there with "the special aero". We all know that the special aero is the blade and front splitter and that you can get an SS with them. When I see the 6 piston brakes, I was really surprised to see that they don't include the same slotted rotors that I got with my factory SS 6 pistons.

So I think you can tell what my question will be already...are the short throw shifters really any different from a regular SS to 1LE? Same question about the magnetic ride.

I have to say that I love the 1LE and I drew a lot of inspiration from it in the way I optioned and built my car. It's not a car that I'd want to live with, but I've cherry picked the features that made the most sense for me or went after-market to replicate them. I also think it's fantastic that GM bought an M4 to let people conduct a comparison. It says a lot about what they've accomplished and it saved me a lot of money lol
The magnetic suspension for the 1LE has a different spring rate and tuned programming to accommodate the spring rate and larger sway bars. Other than that, they are essentially the same.

I'm not sure on the short shifter.

One of the biggest differences and something you can not upgrade to (aka 1LE specific) is the eLSD. That esessentially defines the car. A marvel of modern engineering.

I don't think most people appreciate just how good it really is.
Iron Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 06:59 AM   #53
Iron Oak
Club Motorsports Track Op

Drives: STI, Land Rover and future 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryephile View Post
I quite enjoyed Digital Trends review of the 1LE.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/cars/20...e-first-drive/

I appreciate them talking about how the 1LE differs in feel to the standard SS, and also versus the Comp Pack //M4. It pretty much confirms exactly what I was thinking when I test drove an SS. My favorite quote is this:

Agreed! One of the better written pieces I have read so far.
Iron Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:27 AM   #54
LesBaer
FMPG

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Oak View Post
The magnetic suspension for the 1LE has a different spring rate and tuned programming to accommodate the spring rate and larger sway bars. Other than that, they are essentially the same.

I'm not sure on the short shifter.

One of the biggest differences and something you can not upgrade to (aka 1LE specific) is the eLSD. That esessentially defines the car. A marvel of modern engineering.

I don't think most people appreciate just how good it really is.
Thanks, I appreciate the info and was thinking the exact same thing about the ELSD. I remember zeroing in on the ELSD and almost canceled my 2SS order over it since it can't really be added later. I don't think I would've gotten to realize the benefits of having it since I haven't been able to find time to make it to a track even once this year though. I absolutely had to have blind spot monitoring with this car, so I feel really good about my decision.

If you are a person that's going to make it to the track and use the car day to day, you look at this 1LE and it's really a better a car for the $ than the Z51. Especially now with all the deals to be had, you can't beat the 1LE for the $.
ARH 1 7/8" ceramic coated full sys w/NPP; Maggie 9.2psi (85mm); Jannetty rough idle cam(TSP), tune and LT4 fuel system; Forgeline VX1 Black PVD (20x10,11); R88R 315's; ALPriority; BMR rear arms, bushings, DS loop; RF intake (red); nGauge

93 octane: 712rwhp, 654rwtq / E85 (E66 mix): 734rwhp, 674rwtq (SuperFlow Dyno)
LesBaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:48 AM   #55
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesBaer View Post

The Shifter has a closer gear ratio (5.1:1 I think) that's where "short throw" is coming from. As for the rotors I thought it was weird that they were different from the 6 piston kit you can get for a regular SS, but from what I keep reading I think they are basically the same as the ZL1 rotors just a tiny bit smaller, I guess the Chevy guys figured they didn't need to be slotted.
FNxR3DNECK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 08:54 AM   #56
SDG23

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS M6
I'm really excited about the 1LE now, just don't know whether blue or yellow looks best.