Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 06-20-2016, 12:52 AM   #15
fighting irish
The Doctor is in

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Nightfall MRC NPP
Any modifications? This is definitely abnormal, and I would agree that it is dangerous. There have been several reports of other members with high idle RPMs, including on the SS. I believe each complaint was paired with the A8 transmission, but I'm struggling to see how the two are connected. I'm not sure the resolution for it, but maybe you can reach out to the OP on each of these threads to see if it is the same as yours and if their dealer was able to replicate/fix it.

Here are some others with similar issues http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...highlight=idle
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...highlight=idle
fighting irish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:59 AM   #16
rod4

Drives: 2016 LT RS A8 TECH PACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by fighting irish View Post
Any modifications? This is definitely abnormal, and I would agree that it is dangerous. There have been several reports of other members with high idle RPMs, including on the SS. I believe each complaint was paired with the A8 transmission, but I'm struggling to see how the two are connected. I'm not sure the resolution for it, but maybe you can reach out to the OP on each of these threads to see if it is the same as yours and if their dealer was able to replicate/fix it.

Here are some others with similar issues http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showth...highlight=idle
no mods. only thing ever done under the hood was an oil change by the dealer a couple days ago. appreciate it! certainly am looking into these threads. yeah I think there's a big bug or design flaw in programming with the a8 or something. my trans gets jerky and my rpms bounce up and down between 2k-3.5k with no throttle input, RADOMLY!
rod4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 05:38 AM   #17
pdrumans

Drives: 2LT Red Hot 2.0t
Def not the same thing, but I do notice in sport mode, that the A8 will downshift into 1st before Im at a complete stop and I can feel the extra surge of power from the downshift against the brake. I have not noticed this in touring mode. I m guessing its the sport logic trying to keep in the power band as you slow down, but the feel against the brake pedal almost feels as if the car is accelerating when it happens.
pdrumans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:47 AM   #18
MiamiBlueCamaro

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro RS
My guess is that is something similar or related to this.
Attached Images

MiamiBlueCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:07 AM   #19
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
P0018 and P0016? Cam correlation codes. They shouldn't have reprogrammed and cleared they should have looked into those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:39 AM   #20
Karma81

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
That car would be in the dealer parking lot and I'd be on the phone with GM! I wouldnt take it back until they find the issue and give you a complete explanation why its happening!
They get 3 shots to fix the problem then its lemon law Baby!!
Karma81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:29 AM   #21
Blazin383

Drives: 2016 SS
Have they looked at the Throttle Position Sensor? I'm not sure what kind of TPS the 16 Camaro has, but if it's malfunctioning it can cause the engine to do weird things.
Blazin383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:54 AM   #22
Com69
Banned

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS 6M Nightfall Gray
It's never acceptable for a dealer to just clear codes and hope for the best. At the very least they should have tested your cam/crank sensors, checked for tdc, chain elongation(an issue with many GM vehicles), etc. Especially with an issue this serious. It's not like a misaligned door, or a paint chip. It's just as dangerous, if not more so, than your brakes randomly failing!
Com69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:27 AM   #23
bballr4567

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPODFAN11 View Post
P0018 and P0016? Cam correlation codes. They shouldn't have reprogrammed and cleared they should have looked into those.
No freaking joke. That is what I was thinking when they "cleared" the codes.

The cam sensor (or sensors) is/are having a tough time.
bballr4567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:49 AM   #24
pdoherty972

Drives: 2013 370Z sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by rod4 View Post
https://youtu.be/nCLcQxbkd3o

Can anyone tell me what's wrong with my car?
I'm answering all questions.
Been going back and forth with the dealer, since they have been unsuccessful in duplicating this behavior they've been nonchalant. Usually happens after long drives, and without warning. Car takes off on me.
Definitely not cruise control related, the engine runs really rough and shakes when this happens, also bogs and stalls out. It's scary it's revved as high as 3.5k RPM without my foot on the gas!

This is another video recorded a different day previously to the video above. This time a low, rough idle like the engine was struggling to remain running. At the beginning of the video it's easy to see how much the RPMs were dancing slightly up and down, the engine was shaking the entire car pretty badly.

https://youtu.be/f_46AexB5JM

the dealer said they found 2 codes stored in the computer I think they were P0018 and P0016. he said he cleared them and "updated" the computer but it's happened again since then.
Maybe try cleaning the MAF (mass air flow) sensors. That can make the computer confused about airflow coming in and it may mis-adjust idle based on it.

This is the stuff to clean them with:

http://www.google.com/shopping/produ...HDOBoCr6Dw_wcB

Here's a generic video on how to clean them (couldn't find one specific to C6):

pdoherty972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:54 AM   #25
Capisce

Drives: 2016 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdrumans View Post
Def not the same thing, but I do notice in sport mode, that the A8 will downshift into 1st before Im at a complete stop and I can feel the extra surge of power from the downshift against the brake. I have not noticed this in touring mode. I m guessing its the sport logic trying to keep in the power band as you slow down, but the feel against the brake pedal almost feels as if the car is accelerating when it happens.
This is typical as far as i know. When i first got mine i asked on here about it because it seemed a little rough to me
Old 06-20-2016, 10:26 AM   #26
brutusvk

Drives: future 2016 SS
It is normal when cold and just started and you try to rev it. Described in the original post is something different and not normal.
brutusvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:03 PM   #27
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Seems like it has a vacuum leak ,which can cause rough and high idle. Surprised there is no check engine light.
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 12:13 PM   #28
leadfoot93
Camaro Fan

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS Garnet Red
when it happens are you going from a cold start and putting it into gear right away? I had something like this happen to me a week ago. I was just pulling my car forward in my drive way. I started it and put it right into drive and it took off. Normally I do wait before putting it into gear.
3800 Status: 10/13/15 VIN #116519
4200 Status: 12/19/15
Delivered : 12/28/15
leadfoot93 is offline   Reply With Quote