Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-18-2016, 11:27 PM   #1
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Another Air Suspension Thread: Ridetech Review

Posting a couple pics of my Ridetech air suspension system. HQ Shockwaves and a 5 gallon airpod with dual air pumps. Also bought their ride height sensors though getting the rears mounted in a place where they get enough movement so that they can calibrate and actually work has been an unsuccessful challenge and attempts to get help from ridetech including phone calls emails and messages on here have proven unhelpful. I am currently working on a mounting bracket to get the rear sensors in a position where they will actually work, I really don't think ridetech should be selling them with their kits until they come up with a solution themselves much less acknowledge the problem considering I paid an extra $500 for them (the right height sensors are sold with the Camaro kits on the ridetech website which would lead one to believe they made sure they worked before selling them). Hopefully this thread will finally get their attention but I doubt it.

Initially the E3 control system didn't work correctly but was fixed by shipping the ECM to ridetech for a firmware update, though I am uncertain why it was shipped with firmware that was outdated by well over a year. Now that everything is working except the rideheight sensors, I can finally comment on the ride quality.

So far I've put around 700 miles on the kit and the ride quality is very good. Prior to this install I had Pfadt featherlight coilovers which matched the ride comfort of the stock shocks. This system feels much smoother but doesn't feel overly soft or sluggish. Response to bumps matches the feeling my Pfadt coilovers gave me, and keep in mind they were excellent coilovers. I cant comment on actual track performance yet, but I anticipate they will be great. I'm really looking forward to instant spring rate adjustments.

All components were ordered from Jegs (best price I could find at the time. I went with ridetech because I really really wanted ride height sensors to keep my alignment correct after adjustments were made, also because they offer a lifetime warranty for all components which proved handy when the ECM needed that firmware update. Despite the shortfalls I've experienced, I still think ridetech offers the best air suspension shocks and their air management system is very good as well. I will say the shortfalls have been a very big headache that pretty much left my car sitting in the garage for an entire year although there were other issues with unrelated components that contributed to the wait, the ridetech problems made the system practically unusable and stuck completely slammed on the front end. Now that most things are working I am felling more confident about the setup and once everything is FINALLY working I hope that this setup will fell worth the large sum of money I had to pay for it.

Attached Images

Last edited by Powhusku; 05-19-2016 at 12:09 PM.
Powhusku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 09:37 AM   #2
chase@ridetech

Drives: 09 GMC Yukon Denali
Powhusku,

I apologize if you didn't receive the information and technical support you needed for your installation. Please contact me directly at 812 481 4736 or email me at chase@ridetech.com

Also, we really appreciate the feedback. Good or bad, our goal is to continually improve and we need information from guys like you to achieve that goal. One of our engineers is looking into the ride height sensors for your car and I should have some information for you soon.

Chase
chase@ridetech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 02:48 PM   #3
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Update: Ridetech is working with me to resolve the ride height sensor issue and has treated the problem professionally. I still recommend their products.