Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-04-2016, 09:31 AM   #1
steveww
RUSH TWO

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
Added Flowmaster Outlaw catback Questions

Hello, I recently added Flowmaster outlaw catbacks.
Sounds fantastic.

they are the Quads so I had to replace the diffuser as well.
but I have some fitment issues I think, need your opinions please

the bend in the tail pipes seems really low to the ground. where the cross beam goes it will not fit back on exhaust is too low.

I have 1 7/8 stainless works headers with their hiflow cats,, and the exhaust does not slide over or in the catbacks. they just butt and the stock clamps hold them in place is this normal because this was how it was connected with the stock exhaust as well..

take a look at my pictures and let me know what you think

thanks..
Attached Images

Window tint, Clear bra, 1 7/8 Headers with Hi-flow cats, ADM Performance-CAI, Slotted/Drilled Rotors with Ceramic carbon fiber pads. Painted Calipers, Drag wheels, Outlaw Catback Quad tips, CFD Shifter with Leather boot upgrade, LSA Supercharger, AEM AFR Gauge
steveww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
sscamaro89
2Ss89

Drives: 2ss/Bumblee Bee
hey man how does it sounds with the headers and high flow cats that is my next mod i already have the catback
Old 05-04-2016, 10:57 AM   #3
steveww
RUSH TWO

Bad A$$ Loud..
I tried to get a sound clip from my Iphone did not come out very good.
Deep Rumble even while at idle...!!!

Window tint, Clear bra, 1 7/8 Headers with Hi-flow cats, ADM Performance-CAI, Slotted/Drilled Rotors with Ceramic carbon fiber pads. Painted Calipers, Drag wheels, Outlaw Catback Quad tips, CFD Shifter with Leather boot upgrade, LSA Supercharger, AEM AFR Gauge
Old 05-04-2016, 12:22 PM   #4
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
I have the American thunder and it looks like yours..but actually I haven't had any problems
2014 camaro SS Whipple powered ,3.750 pulley,ID850, CAI,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,MGW racing shifter,Bo White ported tb,MightyMouse Catch Can,Vitesse throttle controller,GM 3.91 rear end, Dynatech longtube haders, BTR Pd cam,Fluidampr stock pulley,ZL1 fuel pump and ADM fpcm, Phastek scoop and fluid thank relocation Bmr Motor mount . Tuned by Mastuning

avido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:33 AM   #5
Badfinger

Drives: 2010 2SS
It looks like you need to tweak your pipes by rolling them so they are higher up under the car. They should be in the tunnel and the same back at the mufflers. What position are your mufflers in? they need to roll up as well. Those hangers near the diff may need to be a little more parallel to the ground.

Last edited by Badfinger; 05-05-2016 at 06:51 AM.
Badfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 12:05 PM   #6
steveww
RUSH TWO

after further review, I think I have the two back intermediate tubes transposed. I also think you are correct I might be able to rotate them some to see if they can fit up into the tunnel better. I still don't think they will fit completely in the tunnel and the tunnel brace is not going to fit.

Old 05-05-2016, 12:18 PM   #7
Homeless Man
Homeless Life Chose Me

Drives: LS3 (sold 4/21)
Is it raspy at all? Any drone?
Old 05-05-2016, 12:23 PM   #8
BillGalina

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS Crystal Red Tint
i put on the american thunder system
1) you need to jack up the cross over pipe before you tighten the clamps in the front
2) as said about you need to adjust the rear section so it doesnt hit anything I had toput a little dimple in the pipe also where it hit on the top .hope that helps

\
BillGalina is offline   Reply With Quote