Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-04-2016, 09:42 PM   #169
SS376

Drives: 2013 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongos2U View Post
Good one !!
I'm just delighted to have had the chance to say "Bingo Bongo".
SS376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 09:46 PM   #170
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
sad, but true.well, I wouldn't say stealing, since you have Chevy giving away its market by pricing so high.
Yep, so true. I should have said it like that. Ford is capitalizing on GM's mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techn9cian805 View Post
I honestly wouldn't blame you, but you will be missing out on a lot of car and settle for less. I'm loving my 16ss, idk if you're looking for a v8 or v6, but the SS is worth the price, the v6 with all the bells and whistles priced at about $40k? naaah
Then where does it stop? Should I tell everyone with a 2016 Camaro they're settling for less because they bought a Camaro instead of a Corvette? The Stingray is going to take the 2016 Camaro SS in all aspects. Why not get that then? Because it costs another $10,000, right?

You can save $10,000 by buying a Mustang and there is literally no difference in performance on the street. I cannot open my 5th Gen up past half throttle where I live. It is completely impractical to use the power it has 99% of the time. And a 2016 Mustang is just as fast as a 5th Gen Camaro SS. Yes, the Camaro SS is a better car than the Mustang GT in terms of performance, but you have to pay 10 grand to have it similarly equipped. And that isn't worth it for that 1% for the general public. Hence the Mustang is and will continue to smash the Camaro this time around.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:52 PM   #171
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
And BTW I would take the chevy over the bimmer anyday.
I would, too. But we are a very small minority.

Start knocking on doors and do a survey. Chevy would be lucky to walk away with 20% of the vote. $50 grand is a ton of money to spend on a Chevy ANYTHING, let alone a 2 door car with poor visibility, a tiny trunk and borderline unusable backseats. There are a ton of compromises to owning this car. For $30 grand, I was willing to make those compromises because I love it so much. But $50? You lost me, so Joe Blow down the street definitely isn't biting.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:00 PM   #172
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70454 View Post
Case closed Camaro beats the Mustang in every category that matters except cheapest starting price. Camaro has made the case for everyone. I'm just stating facts sorry if that upsets you. A no option Camaro 1SS manual vs a no option Mustang GT manual still can't compete with the new SS unless you want to state cheapest msrp. What numbers do I need to pad? Again as I have stated before Mustang will probably outsell the Camaro just because of the cheaper price and I'm good with that but the Mustang is inferior to the Camaro in every category that matters and that is not based on opinion like the looks or styling of the 2 cars.
The general public cares not about performance numbers. No one outside of us cares about which of these cars will win in a drag race. Most of these cars will never be raced. People buy them because they like the way they look and they can afford the payments. Most Camaro drivers are not Camaro loyalists and don't read magazines. Last year, folks could get a brand new 1LS for $22,000 with a 100,000 mile warranty and look! They're driving a Camaro! No wonder they sold!

Now GM is asking way too much. The 6th Gen 1SS costs more than the 5th Gen 2SS. That's disgusting. The 1SS STARTS at $37,295. I bought my 2SS fully loaded with 5,000 miles on the odometer for $31,000 even and it was only driven for a couple months. That's nuts.

According to Google, average combined sales tax rate in the United States for the second quarter of 2015 was 8.454%. Factor in tax, tags and dealer fees as well, which is about $500 give or take.

(37,295 + 500)*1.08454 = 40,990.19

You want someone to spend $41,000 for a stripper car that doesn't even have a butt warmer? It's not going to happen. The general public won't buy this crap I would much rather GM have sacrificed some performance to keep prices in line with 5th Gens.
Old 03-04-2016, 10:00 PM   #173
Fenriel

Drives: 96 t/a / Hyper Blue 1SS MRC M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by activepat View Post
You do understand reviews are politics driven by money, right?

And BTW I would take the chevy over the bimmer anyday.
That may be so in some cases, but the alpha platform has been proven itself more than enough on the track. I like the mustang, but no way can you say it can keep up with a gen 6 in terms of performance.
Fenriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 11:33 PM   #174
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Case closed Camaro beats the Mustang in every category that matters except cheapest starting price. Camaro has made the case for everyone. I'm just stating facts sorry if that upsets you. A no option Camaro 1SS manual vs a no option Mustang GT manual still can't compete with the new SS unless you want to state cheapest msrp. What numbers do I need to pad? Again as I have stated before Mustang will probably outsell the Camaro just because of the cheaper price and I'm good with that but the Mustang is inferior to the Camaro in every category that matters and that is not based on opinion like the looks or styling of the 2 cars.
Consumers see a better VALUE with what the Mustang offers than what the camaro offers at it's price.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:13 AM   #175
Bongos2U

Drives: Hopefully 6th gen Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
Watch out for the writer of this article...Patrick Rall. He seems to be biased towards Mustangs which reflects in his writing.

A couple of months ago he wrote a "review" of the Mustang Ecoboost. It read like a Ford Press Release.

His writing seems very superficial, not really looking below the surface to find out what is going on (not just Camaro).
Bongos2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 01:24 AM   #176
Bongos2U

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
And for no apparent reason, either.

They didn't announce 2017 changes officially, there weren't any hot new incentives, supply didn't suddenly increase..

It just...jumped.
Fleet dump ? Mark LaNeve from Ford has said that they do large deliveries for rental car companies at the beginning of the year.

Last edited by Bongos2U; 03-05-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Old 03-05-2016, 07:07 AM   #177
activepat

Drives: Red Hot SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenriel View Post
That may be so in some cases, but the alpha platform has been proven itself more than enough on the track. I like the mustang, but no way can you say it can keep up with a gen 6 in terms of performance.
I have put 5000 miles on the new Mustang GT. Only about 10 on the new Camaro. None were on a track.

The Mustang is definitely an easier car to drive and much more agile. Performance, 0-60, is such a small difference I doubt anybody would notice.

I obviously like the new Camaro to a degree or I wouldn't be reading the posts.
activepat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 07:08 AM   #178
activepat

Quote:
Watch out for the writer of this article...Patrick Rall. He seems to be biased towards Mustangs which reflects in his writing.

A couple of months ago he wrote a "review" of the Mustang Ecoboost. It read like a Ford Press Release.

His writing seems very superficial, not really looking below the surface to find out what is going on (not just Camaro).
Yep. You can not buy a car based on anything you read from the magazines or online articles. Every car is great! Some are just greater!!
Old 03-05-2016, 07:11 AM   #179
activepat

Quote:
You make me laugh. You drive a GT Mustang and state the Camaro has sloppy handling. Can I ask how many 2016 SS's you have driven to give your expert opinion? Also a no option Mustang GT with no options and not a Premium msrp is $33,295. Premium adds 4k so you would need to compare a Premium Gt to a base SS anyways b/c we all know the Camaro has better standard equipment then the Mustang. I agree with you that most buyers don't have a clue about the car they buy. It is all about monthly payment or purchase price.
So we are clear, I traded in a 2013 Corvette Grand Sport with 2900 miles on it to play with the new Mustang. I happen to be having more fun with the Mustang. It has 5k on the odometer and I am now bored with it so looking for my next toy. I was hoping the Camaro would do it for me.

Your post is "hot air".
Old 03-05-2016, 02:34 PM   #180
Bongos2U

It just dawned on me that alot of the posters on this thread must be employees of the "Old GM".

Old GM would panic if a car didn't sell well right off the bat...Then put huge discounts and incentives on the car to move the metal.

That business practice didn't work out so well. We need to calm down, and wait awhile to see what happens.

Ford has been aggressive with their pricing since the 2015 Mustang first arrived.

It doesn't look like Chevy is putting huge amounts of cash on the hood of leftover 5th gens.
Old 03-05-2016, 02:42 PM   #181
titanfan
Account Suspended

Drives: Several in a big garage
Quote:
Fleet dump ? Mark LaNeve from Ford has said that they do large deliveries for rental car companies at the beginning of the year.
What's it going to be next month? Fleet sales can't be the excuse every month that the Mustang outsells the Camaro.
titanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 03:39 PM   #182
Bongos2U

Quote:
Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
What's it going to be next month? Fleet sales can't be the excuse every month that the Mustang outsells the Camaro.
Fleet dump could be the reason for the huge increase in February 2016 sales from January 2016 sales numbers.

Mustang February sales were almost 2,500 cars more than January 2016 numbers.