Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-12-2016, 05:38 PM   #43
BoostedX2

Drives: VR ZL1 #259/Nissan 370Z NISMO
The mustang is its own platform, I believe.....
BoostedX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 06:14 PM   #44
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsoj23 View Post
ok so I tried to explain to people... specially at work how badass of a car this is but I just feel like they don't believe me... like "yeah whatever.. uh huh" I honestly don't give a damn if they believe me or not but they will certainly change their options once they see me rolling up to work in it and hearing that beast of an engine!

anyways what do you guys tell people or USE to tell people before you got the car?? did y'all compare it to being way better than some other really expensive car just to get the point across??
1st thing I noticed is that it handles better than my 10 even with all the complete 20151le upgrade and all the spohn and BMR parts.

2nd its a lot quieter

3rd more comfortable

4th a badass Navigation and stock stereo

5th shifts smoother manually

6th interior is up to date and still a little retro

7th but most important lighter!

there are more things but these are the things I couldn't stand about my 10 mainly cause it was hard to fix these things!
Attached Images

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 06:41 PM   #45
Zack46

Drives: 2018 2SS Camaro Hot Wheels Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by AN0NYM0US View Post
Here is the usual comments you're gonna get...."the car is too small" or "you can't sit in the back" or "its too expensive"

my answer: rev the engine and shut them up
The usual comments PLUS the trunk is too small, can't fit nothing in it................................................ .................................................. .............

2018 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Hot Wheels Limited Edition
Power Sunroof, 8 Speed Auto/Remote Start, NPP Exhaust
Production Sequence Number 98
NEOCC Camaro Club Member

Former Ride: 2016 Camaro 2LT RS V6 Hyper Blue Metallic
Zack46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:09 PM   #46
The Idiocracy

Drives: 2016 Black SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Nothing quantifiable makes the 6th Gen special...it's a parts bin car from other GM projects.
Completely and totally false.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDP Sales View Post
Only partly true. This car is 70% Camaro exclusive parts, if my understanding is correct.

Jared Royce
The only thing that's carryover from the 5th gen is the bow ties and the SS badges. That's not an anecdote or an exaggeration. Literally everything has been redesigned for the 6th gen.

Quote:
What I meant by that is the platform (Alpha), the engine and transmission (ATS-V and Corvette) and some of the other standout features (NPP, MRC, etc) all are featured on other GM vehicles..they're not exclusive to the Camaro or were designed first and foremost for it.

The GT350 had the 5.2 Voodoo created for it...the Hellcats had the 6.2 SC Hemi..etc etc..like that.
Even the chassis. It's not exactly the same as the ATS. It is the alpha platform, but it is not an ATS chassis. They are not the same. While the power train was developed for the C7, it may be semantic to note that the camaro LT1 probably carries its own part number apart from the C7.

There may be a lot of similarities, but the amount of pieces that are direct carryover from the 5th gen can probably be held in one hand.

It is genuinely a brand new car.
The Idiocracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:14 PM   #47
tejesh83

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Honestly, before I started researching 2016, I didn't really consider the Camaro all that special. They were getting long in the tooth, and at least in my area, there were a ton driving around. The only Camaros that would catch my eye were the Z/28s or ZL1.

When I bought '16 Camaro, I didn't tell anyone at work. But by the end of the day, I had at least a dozen folks come up and complement me on the car. Most wanted to see it up close, so of course I obliged. =)
  • For the performance oriented folks, they loved the V8 rumble, NPP exhaust note, and when I went into the horsepower and 0-60 numbers were in disbelief. I tell them its essentially a Corvette Stingray with a back seat, so I sold my wife on the family practicality of the car and point to the car seat in the back =)
  • For the styling oriented folks, one peek inside to see the red/black interior and they were blown away... the neat HVAC controls and color changing led light strips are just icing on the cake.
  • For the technology folks, a quick demo of mylink, the screen in the instrument cluster, apply carplay, in car wifi, ability to tweak the MRC suspension and NPP exhaust configuration, bose audio, and they leave quite impressed with the amount of tech GM packed into this car.

I honestly wasn't expecting this much attention from my new Camaro at work. It's week 2 ownership, I still regularly get people at the office complementing on the car and wanting to see it up close.
Old 01-12-2016, 07:44 PM   #48
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
Then you're paying Corvette prices (or more) for a Camaro...
They are at corvette prices now , I have seen a 2016 camaro ss going for $53,000 at a dealer . You can get a 2016 stingray for less . I rather have the stingray .
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 07:47 PM   #49
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyB View Post
Was trying to explain how badass this car is to my mom and step-dad while visiting with them around New Year's Eve. All either one of them could say was it looks great, how many recalls will it have?
Who cares what people who have no idea what they are talking about think?
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 08:26 PM   #50
Factorypilot

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whis View Post
The common things I see from people who know nothing about this car:
  • Muh imports tho!
  • lmao can the car turn even??
  • American cars just suck...
  • I wouldn't buy anything that expensive unless it was an import
  • M U H I M P O R T S
  • I bet it will have a lot of recalls, smh fam tbh yolo. rice life.
  • Government motors LOL
Factorypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2016, 10:39 PM   #51
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfonsoj23 View Post
ok so I tried to explain to people... specially at work how badass of a car this is but I just feel like they don't believe me... like "yeah whatever.. uh huh" I honestly don't give a damn if they believe me or not but they will certainly change their options once they see me rolling up to work in it and hearing that beast of an engine!

anyways what do you guys tell people or USE to tell people before you got the car?? did y'all compare it to being way better than some other really expensive car just to get the point across??
Most people don't care about cars. That's why so many drive Honda's and Toyota's. For the majority, cars are about getting from Point A to Point B as cheaply as possible.

We are a very niche group of people. Very few people want a V8 with poor fuel economy with cramped backseats, a small trunk and awkward body lines all over the car. Most will just look at us and roll their eyes. There is nothing you can do to change their minds. Personally, I look the same way at people with huge lifted trucks on the roads. I just roll my eyes at them and could not care less about their gigantic truck that can't actually haul anything in the back.

If you have to explain to someone that your car is cool, they don't think it's very cool, so I say don't even waste your time. All that matters is you like your car.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:15 AM   #52
xgnxs

Drives: 2005 Cobalt Base - 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gen5_1Le View Post
They are at corvette prices now , I have seen a 2016 camaro ss going for $53,000 at a dealer . You can get a 2016 stingray for less . I rather have the stingray .
Lol. Last time I checked $37,295 <> $55,400.

Did you know that if you divide $1.3 billion by 300 million, you get $4.3 million..?
xgnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:26 AM   #53
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Nothing quantifiable makes the 6th Gen special...it's a parts bin car from other GM projects.
Actually I think the fact that it is a parts bin car, sharing parts with cars that perform highly and cost much higher than this car...this in my opinion is a significant part of what actually does make the car special.

Cadillac chassis, Corvette drivetrain.
Old 01-13-2016, 01:19 PM   #54
pdoherty972

Drives: 2013 370Z sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I don't worry about justifying my purchases to anyone nor do I look for acceptance. Why does it matter if they think it's special or not? Also, many still won't GAF even after you make your grand entrance. So really, why waste your time? If they really cared they could easily find out what makes it a good car. Just enjoy it because you like and know why they are an awsome car for yourself.
“We buy things we don't need with money we don't have to impress people we don't like.”
pdoherty972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:01 PM   #55
pdoherty972

Drives: 2013 370Z sports
Quote:
Originally Posted by xgnxs View Post
Lol. Last time I checked $37,295 <> $55,400.

Did you know that if you divide $1.3 billion by 300 million, you get $4.3 million..?
Actually you get 4.3
pdoherty972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:03 PM   #56
FlightSoftware

Drives: '95 Corvette, '06 Mustang, 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdoherty972 View Post
Actually you get 4.3
that's the joke. Some idiot somewhere thought the powerball amount would be enough to make everyone in 'murica (300 million or so), millionaires.
FlightSoftware is offline   Reply With Quote