Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-29-2015, 02:18 PM   #15
Toxicgoober

Drives: 2014 Maxima
Sucks man. Happier and happier that I couldn't afford to preorder. I would've hated buying a brand new 40k car and having something that catastrophic happen within a month of normal use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Toxicgoober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 06:55 PM   #16
Zombie Rocket
Great minds taste alike

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverTaco07 View Post
wow, that is quite impressive!!

Ford operative?

Orrrrrrrrrr I occasionally lurk and haven't had anything of substance to add in discussions...

Maybe?

Perhaps?
Zombie Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:18 PM   #17
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Rocket View Post
Orrrrrrrrrr I occasionally lurk and haven't had anything of substance to add in discussions...

Maybe?

Perhaps?
You have to admit, 1st post of a 5 year member and it's a complaint about the car.

I'm not the one that even noticed - just piling on.

Good luck with your car.
Old 12-29-2015, 07:19 PM   #18
Country Boy

Drives: Eh..
Quote:

Maybe?

Perhaps?
I've always found it funny when people use post counts as a basis for something. lol
Country Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:22 PM   #19
DenverTaco07

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2017 Volt, 2013 Pilot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
I've always found it funny when people use post counts as a basis for something. lol
Can't you see my ribbons....come on man post up.
Old 12-29-2015, 08:03 PM   #20
Zombie Rocket
Great minds taste alike

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
I'll post the fix as soon as my dealer diagnoses. And I'll suggest they look at the taillight wiring.

That said, my display DID say my airbags, stabilitrack, ABS, etc needed immediate servicing, so who k led if they were on or not? Seriously could be a safety issue. Agree w/ FlightSoftware on damn near everything he posted.
Zombie Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 08:55 PM   #21
08z51c6

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS - A8, MRC, NPP
Too much electronic sh*t being put in cars now a days.
08z51c6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 07:49 AM   #22
Imp
Dodges all the cones

Drives: Soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlightSoftware View Post
Probably not a bad guess, but it seems like a bad way to do it. The tail lights ought to be powered and fused separately from other stuff (like the cockpit display). If there's a problem with that system, shut it off. The cockpit display failure was visible... wonder what else failed we didn't see?

The most that -should- have happened with that short was for some sort of indication to light up on the panel, and at worse, just the loss of the brake / back up lights. That ripple effect means the car as a whole is "brittle" (one failure takes everything down).

If we are going to computerize these things (and apparently we are), we ought to be a little more careful about things like fault detection / isolation, graceful degradation (one failure doesn't cripple entire vehicle), critical system redundancy, etc. This time it was the cockpit display, what if next time a short in a minor system shuts the car down / prevents starting, or locks up the brakes, or prevents the ABS from functioning, or turns off the airbags, or... None of those SHOULD happen, but I would have lost a bet that a wiring harness failure would kill the gauges.

Bleah. Probably all about cost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC View Post
The entire vehicle runs on a LAN.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN_bus

--kC
Imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 09:59 AM   #23
FlyTrap

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS 6 Spd
Quote:
I have had my 2016 2SS for 26 days as of this morning. Last night I parked the car, went into a store, returned, started up my car and went about my way. I quickly noticed that my HUD displayed "0" as my speed. Looking down, I noticed all my electronic instruments were inoperable. They were THERE, but all were sitting at zero except for my battery gauge. Gas = empty. Oil temp = zero. Even the physical tachometer and speedometer were inoperable.

Just as quickly, I started to get warnings to service my stabilitrack, airbags, and a few other things. My stabilitrack and airbags were both showing warnings on the instrument panel.

MyLink worked fine, as did my lights.

I pulled over and shut completely down. Waited a sec. Restarted with the same results. Tried restarting again. Same thing.

I drove home and decided to leave it sit for a bit and remove my key fob from the equation for a few minutes. I came back about 5 later and started it up...everything was back to normal.

I called Chevy first thing this morning...they had no previous reports of this. I'll call my dealer as soon as they open.

So I figure this is a huge software bug of a safety issue. Just because it works NOW doesn't mean it's gonna work if I'm driving down the freeway, or if (God forbid) my airbags don't deploy in an accident. More than a little unnerved by this development.
Yesterday, I had a similar issue with MyLink. Got in my 2SS and the screen had a back light, but other than that it's totally dead. Weird thing is that I still have a radio. Taking it to the dealer tomorrow.
FlyTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 10:05 AM   #24
2016SS

Drives: 2016 Summit White 2SS
My dash went wonky the first day my car came in. Ended up being a wire pinched under the passanger seat. Under a hour they had it fixed.

I had air bag ect on to so I would think you are wire/ground related in your issue. I actually told the dealer to look there first cause I seen other owners seats not working on here and they were about to start ripping apart my new car.
2016 Camaro 2SS Summit built 3/28/16 delivered
2018 Camaro ZL1 cancelled by GM 😡
2019 Corvette 2lt Z51
2016SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #25
FlyTrap

Drives: 2016 Garnet Red 2SS 6 Spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2016SS View Post
My dash went wonky the first day my car came in. Ended up being a wire pinched under the passanger seat. Under a hour they had it fixed.

I had air bag ect on to so I would think you are wire/ground related in your issue. I actually told the dealer to look there first cause I seen other owners seats not working on here and they were about to start ripping apart my new car.
Thanks that's good info. I'll mention it to the dealer when I take it in tomorrow.
FlyTrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:06 PM   #26
Jerry's 2LT

Drives: 2LT, Blue Velvet, Kalahari, Convert
I just had my DIC gauges and HUD shut down for several seconds. They came back up similar to how they normally come up when starting the car.

I was going about 60mph at the time on a winding road so it was a bit disconcerting.
The speedo and tach continued working while the DIC was blacked out, then when the gauges came back up the speedo and tach did the normal sweep and returned to my current speed and rpm.

I checked the fuses in the engine compartment to make sure they were properly seated, no problem found. Need to check the trunk fuses the next time I have the top up.
Old 05-31-2016, 11:32 PM   #27
osr5dude

Drives: Hyper blue 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry's 2LT View Post
I just had my DIC gauges and HUD shut down for several seconds. They came back up similar to how they normally come up when starting the car.

I was going about 60mph at the time on a winding road so it was a bit disconcerting.
The speedo and tach continued working while the DIC was blacked out, then when the gauges came back up the speedo and tach did the normal sweep and returned to my current speed and rpm.

I checked the fuses in the engine compartment to make sure they were properly seated, no problem found. Need to check the trunk fuses the next time I have the top up.
Same thing happens to me. Its regular as clockwork, when I've been driving for 30 minutes the MyLink screen reboots, then a minute later the dash and HUD freeze, then they reboot. Been doing it for 2 weeks (my commute is 45 mins). My appointment with the dealer is tomorrow so hopefully they will be able to track it down.
Old 06-01-2016, 07:36 AM   #28
Jerry's 2LT

Drives: 2LT, Blue Velvet, Kalahari, Convert
Please let us know the results of your dealer visit. I have a trip planned for later this month and would like some assurance that there isn't a larger problem lurking in the background.