Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 12-01-2015, 06:19 PM   #1
Briby37

Drives: Chevy Camaro Lover
Review of Camaro SS

I know they're floating around other places, but this review seemed especially glowing. I'm excited to see more long-term tests, but the initial thoughts seem to be exceptional. It also seems like the go-to engine is the V8 (as I think most expected), but given how hard Ford pushed the ecoboost, I would have thought Chevy would try to push something more economical down our throats.

The review: http://www.motoroso.com/MotorAuthori...olet-Camaro-SS
Briby37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:47 PM   #2
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Not gonna lie... Mustang Ecoboost is doing great in the market as well as aftermarket support for it us HUGE. I am curious how the t4 camaro will hold up towards it. We know the v6 and v8 camaro blows the mustangs out of the water but Ecoboost mustang might just get a little bit of a payback. We shall see....

For long term, you can of course follow this exact forum and all but also I am willing to bet that Motor Trend has their camaro on order for their long term testing too.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 06:38 PM   #3
Briby37

Drives: Chevy Camaro Lover
I agree that the aftermarket for the ecoboost is huge. Most the of Mustangs at SEMA were ecoboost, and were getting a ton of attention. I hope Chevy has an answer and doesn't get left in the dust. That being said, I want my V8.
Briby37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #4
Jn2

Drives: Solstice GXP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Not gonna lie... Mustang Ecoboost is doing great in the market as well as aftermarket support for it us HUGE. I am curious how the t4 camaro will hold up towards it. We know the v6 and v8 camaro blows the mustangs out of the water but Ecoboost mustang might just get a little bit of a payback. We shall see....

For long term, you can of course follow this exact forum and all but also I am willing to bet that Motor Trend has their camaro on order for their long term testing too.
If ZZP picks up the Camaro i4 I would expect to see A LOT of parts for it. They have been major progress on their ATS, which is the same engine in the Camaro.
Jn2 is offline   Reply With Quote