The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-28-2015, 11:03 PM   #15
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
If the Mustang had the Gen6 proportions (less of a tail and a shorter snout) it would look a lot better.
Wait a second. Are you implying that the mustang isn't better looking?

Over on the mustang6g forum they chant ad naseum about how much better looking the mustang is. If a post about the camaro doesn't start with: "that rear end is hideous", or "toilet bowl hood", or the old standby "God, that thing is ugly... My car is so much better looking!" then it can't be taken seriously and the post isn't coming from a true mustang owner.

I've voiced my opinions before.... Think it's time to say it again. I've seen both in person. The mustang is a good looking car. But, it is a very busy design with a lot of different elements and angles going on. It is not a coherent design.

The new camaro is much more sleek, refined, and coherent. The design theme carries throughout. The only thing I feel is kind of off the mark is the SS bench spoiler.

And for me these GT350's are simply over the top..... The looks aren't an improvement outside of boy racer street cred.

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 11-28-2015 at 11:15 PM.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:53 AM   #16
cartem2

Drives: Nightfall Gray 2LT RS
IMO the new mustangs look like the designers copied the 5th gen and just tweeked it a bit, I guess if you cant beet them copy them...... Have you seen a side by side layover of the 2, you can hardly tell any differance. Pretty sad on Ford enginers part, no inovation over there, just copy what someone els is already doing better.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:40 AM   #17
LesserO2Evils
GM repeat offender...

Drives: 16 2SS
The new Mustangs are disgusting from the rear. On paper/in person. It looks like a droopy-ass dog, dragging his itchy ass across the carpet from worms. People clown the Fusion front end. That is the LEAST of that atrocities issues.

INCOMING: ‘22 ZL1, Satin Steel. A10. PDR.
Ordered: 03/02/22.
LesserO2Evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 08:18 AM   #18
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Let us not forget that front end Ford is using..................taken from Aston Martin. So when people say "it's a Fusion front end" I know they are just trying to put the Mustang down with an easy insult. But if you were to say, "wow, that Aston Martin front end looks really bad on the Mustang" then you'd have something. But that would be giving credit (Aston Martins are beautiful cars) rather than insulting.

If you guys recall, that was the big deal when Ford introduced that grille on the Fusion.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:04 AM   #19
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Let us not forget that front end Ford is using..................taken from Aston Martin. So when people say "it's a Fusion front end" I know they are just trying to put the Mustang down with an easy insult. But if you were to say, "wow, that Aston Martin front end looks really bad on the Mustang" then you'd have something. But that would be giving credit (Aston Martins are beautiful cars) rather than insulting.

If you guys recall, that was the big deal when Ford introduced that grille on the Fusion.
True that, people were "omg that is so innovative and beautiful looking!" yet it was copy pasted from aston martin. Not that it is a bad thing... I love Astons, beautiful machines. Never the fastest/badassest but always the most beautiful looking for me. I'd still love to own a v12 vantage... Mitsu took the audi front and flipped it for the lancers and not to mention that Audi first started the DRL LED's on headlights and now pretty much all new cars have em. Nothing against it, glad they do as I do love the LEDS. Another bonus to my '16 2SS haha.

Gt350 isn't a half bad car... I've always had a soft spot for Shelby's but I would take a ZL1 over it any day. Keep in mind that the '16 camaro is my very first domestic so I have no bias for or against camaros. Just like em more. If I were a Ford fan boy I'd disappointed on how close the numbers are between an gen6 SS which is really the case. They will truly cry when Chevy releases the next bad to the bone camaro haha. Can't wait.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:09 AM   #20
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
The Fusion is a good looking car. I'd think that it could be argued that it's the best looking car in its segment. Between it and the Subaru Legacy IMHO.
Old 11-29-2015, 10:31 AM   #21
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
IMHO, the Camaro looks like a sports car in every way. The Mustang looks like a sport coupe sedan. If it didn't have Mustang or a pony in the grill, I would bet most people would not be able to tell what car it is.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:09 PM   #22
terri_Lovehands

Drives: 2016 1LT RS NPP
As far as mustang looks I'm very torn between the silhouettes of the cars, i love the camaro's but the mustang has this very gorgeous fastback that swoops down very low and i love how wide the back end looks due to that fastback, but when compared to the new Camaro the greenhouse looks way too high up for me. Im not a huge fan of Aston martin fronts, i often times say the only good looking aston martin front is the 2015 mustang LOL. But that new Bond car takes the cake. To me the only good thing about Aston Martin's designs are the silhouettes and shape of the cars
terri_Lovehands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 12:24 PM   #23
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIanZ28 View Post
The Fusion is a good looking car. I'd think that it could be argued that it's the best looking car in its segment. Between it and the Subaru Legacy IMHO.
I agree. The Fusion is clearly selling very well for Ford. The front end is not a detractor IMO. The C-pillar looks a little flatter than I like, but overall it is well balanced design.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:03 PM   #24
Ernest T

Drives: 2014 RS
The list price is reasonable, but the problem is Ford isn't building very many and dealers will add $20K to the list price.
Ernest T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 08:05 AM   #25
bdavies11

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
The gt350r z28 head to head is out

Looks like Randy over drove and missed the apex in the last corner in the Z/28. He's a solid car width off the curb through the last corner while he hugs the curb tight in the GT350R.

I bet that cost him a half second in the Z/28.
bdavies11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 07:02 PM   #26
68fbjjz109

Drives: 15 GTPP, CUCV Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cartem2 View Post
IMO the new mustangs look like the designers copied the 5th gen and just tweeked it a bit, I guess if you cant beet them copy them...... Have you seen a side by side layover of the 2, you can hardly tell any differance. Pretty sad on Ford enginers part, no inovation over there, just copy what someone els is already doing better.
Are you actually serious with this comment? I personally like the aesthetics of both.

Regardless of ones opinions on styling cues.There is most certainly a more radical departure with the 6gM than the 6gC, in contrast to the 5gens. I really feel like that is almost a quantifiable fact.

I am a little displeased there wasn't more of a departure with the 6gC, but I understand why, and it's fast so whatever.
68fbjjz109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 10:51 PM   #27
68fbjjz109

Drives: 15 GTPP, CUCV Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdavies11 View Post
Looks like Randy over drove and missed the apex in the last corner in the Z/28. He's a solid car width off the curb through the last corner while he hugs the curb tight in the GT350R.

I bet that cost him a half second in the Z/28.
He maintained speed very well through there however, especially with commenting the GT350R seemed faster out of the corner. I tried to grab them from roughly the same point in an overlay.
Attached Images

68fbjjz109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 12:49 AM   #28
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Liked the review, but for some, if not most, will be unreachable for the average buyer that wants performance for the track. Went to cars.com and I haven't seen any GT350 for sale at MSRP. Dealer markers are just ridiculous, and it's not even for the R model. GT350 going for 70k and up. Could you imagine what the GT350 "R" will be going for?

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote