Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 09-24-2015, 12:03 PM   #1
AlbertVanK
Italian dude

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Hot Wheels
A/C Display issue

Hello there, I am having a funny issue. The A/C on my 2013 SS works great but the display indicates the fan on "6" and even if I lower the air flow it is stuck on "6" still, it has worked fine till today when I noticed this stupid issue.
Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thank you!
AlbertVanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 01:41 PM   #2
Pork Chop

Drives: M6 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertVanK View Post
Hello there, I am having a funny issue. The A/C on my 2013 SS works great but the display indicates the fan on "6" and even if I lower the air flow it is stuck on "6" still, it has worked fine till today when I noticed this stupid issue.
Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thank you!
This is a known software issue with Mylink. There is no fix. Mine does it on occasion. Shutting off the car for 30 seconds and removing the key then restarting will usually clear the issue.
Pork Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:44 PM   #3
thiggin2

Drives: 05/07 Chevy's
There is a fix, just mention PIC5895 to the dealer. There's a software update but the dealer needs to call TAC to schedule a date for the regional field engineer to come out and update it.
thiggin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 09:23 PM   #4
Pork Chop

Drives: M6 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiggin2 View Post
There is a fix, just mention PIC5895 to the dealer. There's a software update but the dealer needs to call TAC to schedule a date for the regional field engineer to come out and update it.
Wow, never knew about this. Does this also fix the issue with the radio info not always displaying on the HUD?
Pork Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 05:08 PM   #5
thiggin2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
Wow, never knew about this. Does this also fix the issue with the radio info not always displaying on the HUD?
I don't know if its for multiple concerns. It only states that its for the HVAC concern. We had did this repair on a customers car a week or so ago and they haven't been back so I'm guessing that it fixed the HVAC display problem.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:22 PM   #6
AlbertVanK
Italian dude

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Hot Wheels
Thank you!
I actually tried the "hard reset" way and somehow it worked. But the problem came again, it was stuck on "3" this time. I am soon going to bring my baby for the first service (7500 miles) and I will try to schedule this fix together with that. I just hope they will know what I am talking about if I mention PIC5895
Is there any update possible to the navigation system map by chance ?
AlbertVanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:23 PM   #7
thiggin2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertVanK View Post
Thank you!
I actually tried the "hard reset" way and somehow it worked. But the problem came again, it was stuck on "3" this time. I am soon going to bring my baby for the first service (7500 miles) and I will try to schedule this fix together with that. I just hope they will know what I am talking about if I mention PIC5895
Is there any update possible to the navigation system map by chance ?
This software update it actually for the Nav radio. But like I said before the only thing they told me it fixes it the HVAC concern.