Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-27-2009, 07:43 PM   #1
Blackend SS
Mauricio

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black!
Have a problem.

Ok here is my initial problem. I was undecided on which dealership to go with and I wound up ordering two camaros from two different dealers with the intention to cancel one. Reason being the allocation issue. So from Dealer A I ordered a CGM , Blk leather 2SS/RSS and recently from dealer B a Black, IOM interior 2SS/RS. Now I have the credit union discount and the confirmation code for it and presented it yesturday to dealer B and they turned it down since they were not doing mark ups. So later that afternoon I call dealer B and ask and they want me to fax it over to show their sales manager. Now my second issue is I dont know what color I want anymore I think Cyber Grey is great but might look dull far away. I think Black is slick but hides the lines and I sorta liked the inferno orange interior for the red ring gauges. So what color and do you think dealer B is just being a bit stingy ?Give me some feed back guys! I guess if Dealer A honors their Supplier Price I will go with them?
Old 08-27-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Ok. The red ring gauges come with the IO interior too, no matter what color the outside is.

Black doesn't 'hide' the lines. I thought it would but if you keep it clean it really doesn't. Let the light shine on the.....well.....shine.

I think Grey hides the lines to be honest. Hence the 'dull' you speak of.

I'd go with black, IO interior, RS,
Old 08-27-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
Dan3
Captain of the Failboat

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Personally, I think both colors are slick. I would tell both dealers exactly what you did and make them work for your business. The one who gives you the best deal wins, the other can go find another buyer.
Produced - 10 August 2009 : #34143
Delivered - 25 August 2009
Dan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:55 PM   #4
Dntblnk22
Awaiting my vert...

Drives: 2003 Dodge Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan3 View Post
Personally, I think both colors are slick. I would tell both dealers exactly what you did and make them work for your business. The one who gives you the best deal wins, the other can go find another buyer.
Just a little "devil's advocate" here. Not so sure telling the dealer that you ordered from another dealer also would make him drop his price. I think these cars are selling as soon as they hit the lot so the dealer might just say go buy from the other guy.

Just my $0.02...
Dntblnk22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:59 PM   #5
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dntblnk22 View Post
Just a little "devil's advocate" here. Not so sure telling the dealer that you ordered from another dealer also would make him drop his price. I think these cars are selling as soon as they hit the lot so the dealer might just say go buy from the other guy.

Just my $0.02...
i agree with this, but never-the-less id explain my position to each dealer, and see what they have to say, if dealer B then accepts to sell for supplier price, mission accomplished. and if nothing changes, pick the color you like more!

as for CGM vs Black, its tough, ive had a black car, but i got sick of how unbelievable hard it is to keep clean at my house, living just out side of a city, in a rural area. so i picked CGM. But black looks nice whennn its clean as stated above
Old 08-27-2009, 09:34 PM   #6
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauri020 View Post
Ok here is my initial problem. I was undecided on which dealership to go with and I wound up ordering two camaros from two different dealers with the intention to cancel one. Reason being the allocation issue. So from Dealer A I ordered a CGM , Blk leather 2SS/RSS and recently from dealer B a Black, IOM interior 2SS/RS. Now I have the credit union discount and the confirmation code for it and presented it yesturday to dealer B and they turned it down since they were not doing mark ups. So later that afternoon I call dealer B and ask and they want me to fax it over to show their sales manager. Now my second issue is I dont know what color I want anymore I think Cyber Grey is great but might look dull far away. I think Black is slick but hides the lines and I sorta liked the inferno orange interior for the red ring gauges. So what color and do you think dealer B is just being a bit stingy ?Give me some feed back guys! I guess if Dealer A honors their Supplier Price I will go with them?
I'd love to find out the exact options on the black car if you decide not to take it. I'd really rather have the car now vs. later even if I have to give up my deposit. Not alot of IOM interiored black cars that I've found on dealers lots. Thanks!
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:17 AM   #7
Blackend SS
Mauricio

please delete post

Last edited by Blackend SS; 08-28-2009 at 12:41 AM. Reason: double post
Blackend SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:19 AM   #8
Blackend SS
Mauricio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dntblnk22 View Post

Just my $0.02...
No they dont know I have two orders. I was not planning on mentioning that. If the other dealer honors supplier pricing I will more then likely go with them.

Also the Black car was a 2SS/RS with Inferno Orange interior with a 6 speed manual transmission.

I have had a black car too and it is hard to keep clean let alone flawless but it looks good when it is. Cyber Grey just gets me because of the metal flake. I have been struggling with this decision for 3 months now. I just dont want to regret it.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:22 AM   #9
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
CGM CGM CGM!!!

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote