Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-28-2015, 02:42 PM   #71
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilflos View Post
There's a time when they're not working on that interchange? Nearly "done"as I understand it, but 75 through Dayton itself is / has been under construction, and that's not supposed to be done for quite sometime yet, into next year I think?

Sorry if it seemed like I had an issue with anything you said, just adding more data points. I loathe Atlanta traffic anytime near rush hour, and approach it with caution at any other time. I'd no idea it was rated that way via the NTSB though.

Stay safe down there.
No harm. I knew you werent trying to start anything. But, one thing i do find funny about Ohio. Not sure how often you are on 90/80, but they keep that road dam near spotless. Albeit its a toll road, but in the winter time and its a blizzard going on, that road looks like its in mid summer form. I wish they kept all the roads in that state like they do that road. Again, albeit its a toll road.
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:45 PM   #72
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
Had to park on the street since I had some service guys pull into my driveway to get a few things done. Anyways im walking to my car I hear this fartcan coming I turn around and I see this crappy minicopper he sees me getting into the camaro and floors it right infront of me, driving like a tard on my street

And whats the deal with the dirtbags that cut into the exit ramp at the last moment especially when there is a 10+ car line behind them, basically they are saying "fk u my time is more important than all of you" I especially notice this when commuting to the Bronx...I guess that makes sense.

Keep seeing these fiat 500 toys driving around with atrocious fartcan exausts. You drive a FIAT 500 just STOP.

I drive late an night and all these hondas and toyotas keep tailgating me as soon as I step on the gas to pass someone they go fukn nuts and think im racing them. One of them almost went onto the shoulder just to get around me and took off cutting everyone else off. Godforbid you make eye contact with one of these lunatics half of them look like strung out murderers the other half 16 year old raging kids about to become strung out murderers.

And please I dont care how old or senile you are or how many old crusty church members you have in the van get the hell out of the left lane and let me pass. Even if youre not any of those things just get the hell out of the left lane. Oh and the worst -one lane road with no shoulders and some dumbass woman on the cellphone yapping away doing 25 in 45 while there is 15 cars behind her and the first person right behind her doesnt honk or do anything.

If im slowing down into a blind corner theres a reason for it dont be an idiot and put on your highbeams to flash me with your stupid prius.

also TURN OFF YOUR HIGHBEAMS YOU DONT NEED THEM IN THE DAMN CITY or a residential street going 5mph WHAT RETARD.

oh and please turn off your cellphone and turn down your disgusting music I dont want to hear crap being played from your pickup truck.

RED MEANS STOP GREEN MEANS GO, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

PS. Department of Transportation please fix the goddamn potholes its the end of june and I feel like im on the safari trail.
Keep seeing these fiat 500 toys driving around with atrocious fartcan exausts. You drive a FIAT 500
Well , I drive the 500E , that's a bomb !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 02:47 PM   #73
Frisbey

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 Nightfall Grey
Karma 😋
Sometimes it works in your favor.
My son and I were driving home last week,
String of traffic, doing the speed limit on a 2 lane county road,
When a lady in a Lincoln town car, that had been tailgating us, blows past us over a double yellow, thru an intersection around a corner and passes 3 cars before diving back into our lane, narrowly missing oncoming traffic.
We couldn't believe it! We both said, she's going to kill someone.
Well sure enough, about 4 miles further, she rear ended a truck, then fled the scene.
A quick call to 911 while following her, results, 1 idiot off the road!
2000 - 02/06/18 | 4300 - 02/20/18 Built
3000 - 02/07/18 | 5000 - 03/08/18 At Dealer
3100 - 02/09/18 | Delivered
Frisbey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:08 PM   #74
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
Today was none of those days...

Driving daughter and her friend back from the mall... 75mph speed limit, w/ an Accord in the left lane doing... 70... and a Caddy in the right doing 70! I'm behind them, waiting for them to either speed up or change lane to the right. Nooooo!

Finally the Caddy sprints up and starts to pass the Accord... I wait, but no lane change! I change lanes and as I'm passing, in the right lane, I look over to see a guy in the passenger seat giving me the Bird. My daughter asks, "Did he really just flip you off?"...

I blew him a kiss... mouthed "Jesus loves you!" to him... and waived goodbye.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:32 PM   #75
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by dantemcc View Post
ROTFL. Apologies though. You havent trully experienced the horror of i75 until you have witnessed it through ATL. I75 through Atlanta is the American version of the German autobahn. If you're not doing 80mph + you need to be in the right lane or else expect a few things to happen.

1. You'll get a slow poke ticket.
2. You'll constantly get people yelling, honking and making obscene jestures in your direction.
3. You'll literally get ran off the road.
4. You're liable to get shot or injured in some sort of road rade incident.

When it comes to driving in Atlanta, they dont play. If you value your life and the saftey of all those in your car and those who would be affected by your passing, I suggest either you do 80mph + in the Atlanta metro area at ALL TIME, or avoid this city at all cost.

LOL... I go through Atlanta twice a year and you nailed it! 80mph is for slow pokes. The Mrs is usually with me and we stay in the OHV lane. I try to schedule it so we pass through there around 9am on a Sunday morning. It's not too bad then. Man, once you get through Atlanta though.. you better slow down. Those Georgia State Troopers love to run up on somebody doing 75 and pull them over.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:31 PM   #76
RedRaven

Drives: 2012 2SS M6 CRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Pricks in a Prius....we have them all over the west coast as well...trust me.

Thanks for the entertaining read. I vote that we give you a weekly "Road Rage" column here on C5!
I second! (or third, or fourth. I didn't take the time to read the entire thread. Road Rage Thread!

First real car: 1968 Malibu, '67 283, Canary yellow
RedRaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 05:54 PM   #77
dantemcc

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
LOL... I go through Atlanta twice a year and you nailed it! 80mph is for slow pokes. The Mrs is usually with me and we stay in the OHV lane. I try to schedule it so we pass through there around 9am on a Sunday morning. It's not too bad then. Man, once you get through Atlanta though.. you better slow down. Those Georgia State Troopers love to run up on somebody doing 75 and pull them over.
Funny thing is and how true that statement is, as long as you are in the perimeter or inside the city and are doing 80+ everything is fine. The second, and i mean the second, you step out the perimeter doing 80+ you get a ticket. Never understood that logic, if indeed there is any
dantemcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:24 AM   #78
Childs Play
Pizza & Wings Only $12.99

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
Damn this sums up Houston...

Past Rides:
2012 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
2012 Camaro ZL1 A6
2017 Camaro 2SS M6
Childs Play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:27 PM   #79
Criticalmass

Drives: 2014 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Around here it's old beater pick-up trucks, Mercs, and Chargers that do this kind of thing. Everybody else is usually cool. The charger was running so rich I had to turn the recirc on. His tailpipes were covered in black soot and blowing hard as he tried to take off like he was racing me (I had cruise control on and came up on him on I-85 heading to Charlotte).
Criticalmass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 02:09 PM   #80
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
yup
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:07 AM   #81
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Westchester Sucks, so does NY, I lived in NY for many years. Commuted from Dutchess County to Westchester for 20 years. Get out of NY and stay as far away from cities as you can, life is much better. Nuff Said
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:39 AM   #82
Pace
Lifestyle = Deathstyle

Drives: 11 SIM 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Pace
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
Had to park on the street since I had some service guys pull into my driveway to get a few things done. Anyways im walking to my car I hear this fartcan coming I turn around and I see this crappy minicopper he sees me getting into the camaro and floors it right infront of me, driving like a tard on my street

And whats the deal with the dirtbags that cut into the exit ramp at the last moment especially when there is a 10+ car line behind them, basically they are saying "fk u my time is more important than all of you" I especially notice this when commuting to the Bronx...I guess that makes sense.

Keep seeing these fiat 500 toys driving around with atrocious fartcan exausts. You drive a FIAT 500 just STOP.

I drive late an night and all these hondas and toyotas keep tailgating me as soon as I step on the gas to pass someone they go fukn nuts and think im racing them. One of them almost went onto the shoulder just to get around me and took off cutting everyone else off. Godforbid you make eye contact with one of these lunatics half of them look like strung out murderers the other half 16 year old raging kids about to become strung out murderers.

And please I dont care how old or senile you are or how many old crusty church members you have in the van get the hell out of the left lane and let me pass. Even if youre not any of those things just get the hell out of the left lane. Oh and the worst -one lane road with no shoulders and some dumbass woman on the cellphone yapping away doing 25 in 45 while there is 15 cars behind her and the first person right behind her doesnt honk or do anything.

If im slowing down into a blind corner theres a reason for it dont be an idiot and put on your highbeams to flash me with your stupid prius.

also TURN OFF YOUR HIGHBEAMS YOU DONT NEED THEM IN THE DAMN CITY or a residential street going 5mph WHAT RETARD.

oh and please turn off your cellphone and turn down your disgusting music I dont want to hear crap being played from your pickup truck.

RED MEANS STOP GREEN MEANS GO, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.

PS. Department of Transportation please fix the goddamn potholes its the end of june and I feel like im on the safari trail.

Awesome! Only thing missing is people entering the turning lane and drifting back into the straight lane just before they turn...like they are turning a 16 wheeler. Hate that!