Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-26-2014, 09:11 AM   #43
Mouse6.2

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS M6 NPP
Mouse6.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:30 AM   #44
RockerBox

Drives: 2010 Silverado. Stock height now
Dammit, and it's the bright red one that I want. F'ing idiots. Sorry but accidents like this don't happen while driving normal.
RockerBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #45
Jsmith18

Drives: 2013 Camaro LFX
God, some of you guys are assholes. its just a car, and you have no clue regarding the circumstances of the crash.
Jsmith18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:00 AM   #46
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
The majority of the highways(and streets) around here have an asphalt top and most of the race tracks do also. It's cheaper and quicker to maintain and repair than concrete.
Either way , As long as the temperatures are not too cold the tires shouldnt be a issue
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:12 AM   #47
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsmith18 View Post
God, some of you guys are assholes. its just a car, and you have no clue regarding the circumstances of the crash.
Yeah I agree. Reading these comments is very disturbing. So many ASSumptions. I really am glad that they are alive and hopefully they recover fully. Only femur breaks Ive heard of(emt for a bit) are very serious accidents. I really hope speed wasn't involved and if so, this should be a HUGE wake up call to him and those nearest and dearest to him. Its NEVER worth it to get there 1 minute faster.

Side note:

Before we can begin the calculations let me put out one very important assumption in place. All calculations are based on constant speed going from point A to point B. Of course in the real world no one drives at constant speed but it is much easier to calculate speed and other attributes of a moving object. Doing the calculations in the real world would require monitoring all the variables involved when we are traveling from point A to point B such as traffic movement, acceleration and deceleration rate intervals, rest stop breaks, etc. But I do not think any of this really matters because all the drivers on any given highway are generally affected for miles by the same variables more or less. So the time saved with respect to other drivers on the same highway probably is insignificant as my calculations will show in the two scenarios presented below.

Some of us know the following simple physics equation to calculate constant speed, “Speed = Distance / Time” or as words “speed = distance divided by time” but we need to calculate “time” in this case. We already know the speed and distant, therefore, we must rearrange the equation to calculate the “time” required to transverse the 100 mile distant. The new equation is:

“Time= Distant / Speed” or as words “Time = distance divided by speed”

Driver A: Time = 100 miles / 65 mph = 1.54 hours so 1.54 hours = 92 minutes

Driver B: Time = 100 miles / 75 mph = 1.33 hours so 1.33 hours = 80 minutes

now subtract the two times to get the difference in the arrival time between the two drivers.

92 minutes - 80 minutes = 12 minutes

Results: Driver B would only beat Driver A by a measly 12 minutes after driving 100 miles.

The another way of looking at this, if Driver A drives for 1 hour at a constant speed of 65 mph he would have driven 65 miles while Driver B at the speed of 75 mph would have driven 75 miles. The two drivers would be 10 miles apart in one hour. In terms of distance that is a lot but in terms of time they are less than 10 minutes apart. That is not much time difference when Driver A finally reach the 75 mile mark. It would be less than 10 minutes later for him.

Looking back at the first scenario, if you wish to determine how far apart the drivers are when Driver B reach the 100 mile mark here are the calculations.

Calculations:

We already know Driver B would have driven 100 miles at a constant speed of 75 mph in 80 minutes. Also we know 80 minutes equal 1.33 hours. All we need to do is determine how far Driver A would have driven in the same time at 65 mph from the same starting point.

First we have to rearrange the constant speed equation to calculate distant this time.

Speed = Distance / Time

Rearrange the equation to calculate distant. Therefore Distance = Speed X Time.

Results: Distance = 65 mph X 1.33 hours = 86 miles

Therefore, Driver A is 14 miles behind when Driver B reaches his destination at the 100 mile mark, but in terms of time he is only 12 minutes away and Driver B was doing all that speeding for 80 minutes and consuming more gas in the process just to save 12 minutes.

Now I can apply these calculations to a must longer distant like 1000 miles by simply multiplying all our results from Scenario 1 by 10 using the same speed as before for Driver A and Driver B.

Sourced from :http://melpor.hubpages.com/hub/Do-Dr...ally-Save-Time
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:15 AM   #48
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
snip
Oh, that's where you've been!
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:17 AM   #49
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
Oh, that's where you've been!
Lol what?
Old 12-26-2014, 10:19 AM   #50
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee View Post
Lol what?
For the last hour or so writing that post!

And yeah, one of my pet peeves on these forums is people seeing a crash of this magnitude, and then just posting "hmmm, I wonder when they're gonna part it out!"
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:21 AM   #51
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
ouch, RIP for a nice car.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 10:22 AM   #52
Gee
Silver Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splitter View Post
For the last hour or so writing that post!

And yeah, one of my pet peeves on these forums is people seeing a crash of this magnitude, and then just posting "hmmm, I wonder when they're gonna part it out!"
HAHA nah. I'm not smart, I posted the site where I got it from. However, I do pay attention and learn from those who are smarter than me.

After picking up pieces of someones son/daughter on the freeway a few times, you start to think twice about mocking the situation and definitely think more than twice about speeding for NO reason at all.

EDIT: And mostly. We have some members on here who have unfortunately lost members of their own family in these types of accidents, even recently. So some respect should be shown. But who am I to say....

Last edited by Gee; 12-26-2014 at 10:38 AM.
Old 12-26-2014, 10:46 AM   #53
Rcfiddy1
Sold car...

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2SS/RS #37115
I bet his parents will just get him a new one. Stupid is as stupid does. Before anyone starts saying that we don't know why this happened , I bet it's safe to say he was being an ass by going to fast on public streets and lost control for some reason. I for one have no sympathy for the driver. Being involved in a motorcycle accident because of careless drivers makes you realize some people should never be behind he wheel of a car of any kind. I've seen it time and time again, parents give thier kid a car, kid crashes car, parents give kid another more expensive car. What did Einstein say about doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results? I bet it was the trees fault....
ECS Novi 1500 Supercharged, LS3 conversion, Small blower cam, Alky Meth injection, 3:45 rear, BMR Suspension parts, 1LE Sways, Billy Boat ZL1 dual mode exhaust.
Rcfiddy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:12 AM   #54
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
The tires on the Z/28 are made for the street. Im sure it has NOTHING to do with the tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Great to hear your buddy and his friend are going to be OK Saw a little blurb on the news and all it said that someone was trapped in vehicle Police and Medivac on Scene. Didn't see any more after that so that is great news to hear.

No one knows what happened jumping to conclusions etc other than he lost control. It was 80+ degrees in the Area The Tires should have been just fine they just don't last long and they do have their limits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rock1962 View Post
Speed was not a factor in this crash it was the tires. Really?I hope all involved recover fully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBS View Post
+1 , Last time I checked race tracks and streets are made from concrete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
The majority of the highways(and streets) around here have an asphalt top and most of the race tracks do also. It's cheaper and quicker to maintain and repair than concrete.

Happy the ppl evolved is still alive, God was on their side! And Maybe you ppl need to read up on the trofeos when talking about the Z/28! Bunch of ppl just giving out the wrong info! Better listen to GM chassis engineer Bill wise! As this has already been talked about ! Not saying the driver did anything wrong! But others need to know that these tires need to be warmed up before you think that you are Jeff Gordon with Z/28!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:16 AM   #55
Dfault

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
DIBS ON THE WHEELS
Dfault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 11:32 AM   #56
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcfiddy1 View Post
I bet his parents will just get him a new one. Stupid is as stupid does. Before anyone starts saying that we don't know why this happened , I bet it's safe to say he was being an ass by going to fast on public streets and lost control for some reason. I for one have no sympathy for the driver. Being involved in a motorcycle accident because of careless drivers makes you realize some people should never be behind he wheel of a car of any kind. I've seen it time and time again, parents give thier kid a car, kid crashes car, parents give kid another more expensive car. What did Einstein say about doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results? I bet it was the trees fault....

I hear ya! I was rammed into waiting at a stop light by a 16 year old kid and I had to get into a car chase because he tried to drive off! I had to chase through a dirt field and hop off curves! Than come to find out after he had to stop because his bottom fell off. The guy was 16, on probation,no insurance, didn't have a driver license, and didn't even have the registration and didn't even know what registration was! His parents came and said that they gave the car to him and to please don't call the police!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote