Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-02-2014, 08:29 AM   #1
Vikas2k

Drives: '12 Camaro LS V6 6MT, '09 CX9 GT
No Air! (Scosche kit issue?)

I have the 2012 LFX with Scosche (and Alpine DVD/NAV unit). The issue is related to the Scosche kit (HVAC).

The problem started with outside temperature dropped below 47 deg F (or 7 deg C). The car will not blow out any air (cold or hot) at all. The buttons on the Scosche kit when pressed, show the indication on the LCD changing (i.e. adjusting the fan speed will show the graphics change on the LCD) but no air present or change in air. The touchscreen buttons are unresponsive during this period as well.

The problem seems to go away once the car is driven for about 30-40 minutes and the "inside cabin temperature" becomes some what decent. In other words, it appears the Scosche unit needs to be warmed up before it would actually work (?).

Now that the temperatures outdoors are well below freezing (and its only going to get worse for the next few months), I am really struggling with this thing. Today I came to work and the car was stone cold the entire way here.

Does someone have a solution for this or can help? Dismantling the entire unit is going to be a pain and sending the unit in and waiting for a replacement is not a good option as I am now moved to Canada.

Last edited by Vikas2k; 12-02-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Vikas2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 09:20 AM   #2
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
I have the same issue with my Scosche kit, but in reverse.
This summer, the radio/AC controls were non responsive when I would start up the car until maybe 20-30 minutes later after the unit had cooled off.

My solution was to set the AC to on, Full blast, Coldest setting. The controls were still unresponsive, but the AC would come on when the car was started, and the AC would dramatically decrease cooling time.

Maybe try leaving the heat on full blast before turning the car off, see if that helps
Old 12-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #3
Rizzo

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL-1 SIM
Possible Scoche issue. Check out this thread:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246752
Old 12-03-2014, 12:40 PM   #4
Vikas2k

Drives: '12 Camaro LS V6 6MT, '09 CX9 GT
The temporary method above suggested in hot weather does not work for me in the cold weather.

I have added my issue in that Scosche thread as well.

I will try reaching Scosche and see what they have to say. Anyone else experiencing this?
Vikas2k is offline   Reply With Quote