Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-27-2014, 09:42 AM   #43
MikeAP

Drives: 2013 1SS/RS M6
So far I am still good, no issues with music via the USB or calls via Bluetooth. Dealer told me that whenever Apple or Android updates your phone code you will want to re-pair the phone. I would try to "forget" the pair from your phone and delete it from your car then re-pair it.

Mike
Old 10-27-2014, 11:20 AM   #44
Coop1701

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
I did that.. But it's still no go. I can play music, but it still won't read incoming texts, make a call hands free or invoke Siri on my iPhone.
Coop1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 06:21 AM   #45
kudzu71

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
Only problem we are having now is MyLink occasionally won't see the phone when it is plugged in. The USB icon will change to indicate a new device then flip back and nothing happens. Last time this occurred I had to unplug and replug the phone in a dozen times to get it to read it. It's been about a week since my last issue though.

I'm getting my first oil change tomorrow so I'm going to ask about a MyLink update.
kudzu71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:40 AM   #46
MikeAP

So it has been almost two weeks and everything seems to still be working fine. Anyone still having issues I would make sure you are on iOS 8.1 and then have the dealer make sure you are at the latest update for your MyLink.

Good luck!!!
Old 10-31-2014, 03:40 PM   #47
BlakeD

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS 1LE
8.0.2 had multiple issues with Bluetooth connectivity as well as USB devices.

All / most should have been corrected with iOS 8.1.

Also, if you still have issues with it saying "Paused" simply Hard Reset your device.

You do this by unplugging it and pressing the sleep/wake and home buttons down until you see an Apple Logo, then release them.

I do Technical Support for Apple and have seen this with multiple customers and since 8.1 it seems to be resolved.
BlakeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:08 PM   #48
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
Such a PITB! I'm back to not being able to play music with the USB cable. Ugh!!!
Old 11-12-2014, 05:30 PM   #49
nuflat

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS 2LT Nightfall Grey
Read this thread. I have fought with GM over this. They want to blame Apple for this. I have to tip my hat to Lone Star Chevrolet, they kept my car for almost a week trying to resolve the issue.

I purchased an iPod 64 GB and loaded about 1800 songs on it and it indexes in about 60 seconds and starts playing right away.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346619

It's the inability of the MyLink System. It can't handle more than a couple thousand songs without taking 10 minutes or longer to index.

I had a 2015 Tahoe as a loaner with Mylink when my car was in the shop and it's a little different interface but it worked fine. It still had to index but it started playing within 15 seconds and it didn't freeze up to where you couldn't choose a playlist, etc until it was finished indexing. GM said it was the phone, but it worked fine in the Tahoe. At one point they even were trying to say that I probably didn't get my music from a reputable source and it could cause issues, but all my music has been purchased from iTunes.

If you have an older model 2013-2014 you might as well forget about it because GM has already moved on and they won't/can't devote the money to fix this when they are already looking ahead at the new vehicles.

And for the record, using Bluetooth sucks for music. You can't select playlists, etc and the sound is not the quality it is when it's plugged in.
nuflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:14 PM   #50
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
It's almost like apple or whomever needs to hold classes for these radio manufacturers to teach them how to setup devices that work properly with their hardware.

My biggest hope is in. Couple of years the whole car play thing will work flawlessly. Mirror your phone (whichever you choose doesn't have to be iphone) into the radio and allow that to talk to the radio.

If the iPad mini radio wasn't such a pain in the butt I think a lot more people would look into this.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 12:51 PM   #51
MikeAP

Guys after I installed IOS 8.3 on my iPhone playing music via the cable connection started working very constantly (before it was always stuck at the Pause Screen see above in this thread). The other night I started the car and during the MyLink boot up the screen froze (the MyLink logo froze before it finished its 'swirl' during boot up). I turned off the car, removed the key and opened the door to make sure the MyLink was off. I then restarted the car and the screen was just blank, nothing showed up it was just black. After driving about 5 minutes it came back on and booted normally. I tried to play music from my iPhone via the cable and it would not. Same paused screen

Anyone have any suggestions? I am going to take it into the dealer but this seems ridiculous. I would think this would be a simple thing.

Mike

Last edited by MikeAP; 05-05-2015 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Major Typos
MikeAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 01:52 PM   #52
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAP View Post
Guy after IOS 8.3 my iphone started working very constantly. I thought it has finally been figured out. Well the other night I started the car and the MyLink screen froze while it was booting up. It got stuck even before the MyLink logo appeared. I turned off the car (owned the door to shut it off) and restarted and the screen was just blank. Figured it was time to stop at the dealer. After driving about 5 minutes it came back on and booted normally. I tried to play music from my iphone and it would not. Same paused screen

Anyone have any suggestions? I am going to take it into the dealer but this seems ridiculous. I would think this would be a simple thing.

Mike

Fix your typos difficult to read.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:59 PM   #53
MikeAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
Fix your typos difficult to read.
Sorry that was BAD, I am usually much better at proof reading. I updated the above post.

I am still having the same issue. When I try to play music via the cable it just sits at the pause screen. Playing music via Bluetooth and using the phone for calls phone all work fine. Just cant play it via the cable. I am also wondering if anyone has had the screen just freeze like mine did.

I know I can play the music via bluetooth but you don't have any options to select songs or artist. That is only available via the cable connection. Plus when connected via the cable it charges my phone.
Old 05-05-2015, 03:20 PM   #54
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
The only thing I have found that works consistently is resetting my iPhone. Erase all and reset. Be sure and back it up before doing this! It's the only solution that worked for me, other than a new phone. No idea what is causing it or why it happens.

Also, in my case at least, the mylink over-populates the music from my phone. I can have 1 song on my phone and it'll be listed about 8 times in the music menu.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:16 AM   #55
Dznyfn

Drives: 13 1SS Vert, 05 Tahoe Z71, 67 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAP View Post
Sorry that was BAD, I am usually much better at proof reading. I updated the above post.

I am still having the same issue. When I try to play music via the cable it just sits at the pause screen. Playing music via Bluetooth and using the phone for calls phone all work fine. Just cant play it via the cable. I am also wondering if anyone has had the screen just freeze like mine did.

I know I can play the music via bluetooth but you don't have any options to select songs or artist. That is only available via the cable connection. Plus when connected via the cable it charges my phone.
Just got my iPhone 6+ and plugged it in and what do you know, a frickin Paused screen....... 8.4.1 on the phone, my iphone 5 worked but not this brand new phone......

My 2011 was bought back due to radio issues and now it starts over again.....
Old 08-25-2015, 12:47 PM   #56
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dznyfn View Post
Just got my iPhone 6+ and plugged it in and what do you know, a frickin Paused screen....... 8.4.1 on the phone, my iphone 5 worked but not this brand new phone......

My 2011 was bought back due to radio issues and now it starts over again.....

I use my 6+ with 3 Chevys....2 with mylink and the cameo has the regular radio. Have you tried just playing music through your phone? I feel like anytime I get that I fix it by playing something on the phone.