Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-01-2014, 06:22 AM   #29
kudzu71

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
I've been using Bluetooth audio since upgrading because indexing was taking too long. Also since I use iTunes Match and a large number of my songs are not actually on the phone itself MyLink will see them but not play them. It freezes and then skips the song. Been easier to just use BT and tell Siri what I want played, which is working pretty well so far.

When I do connect via USB it pics a random song to play and then freezes so it can index. My commute is usually no longer than 35-40 minutes in traffic and it has never completed indexing in that time. But because of iTunes Match it references all 10K songs in my library so that is probably why. *shrug*

In a perfect world I would just love a radio with a hard drive that I can sync to wirelessly and not have to worry about indexing and all that mess.
kudzu71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #30
MikeAP

Drives: 2013 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
I know you probably shouldn't have to do this, but what about disconnecting the battery for a couple of minutes. Maybe this would clear the issue? I'm just asking bc my cruze had the Mylink and I have ios 8.0.2 running on my iPhone 5 with no issues. I actually think it runs better, thanks to the "Hey Siri" feature
Thanks for the tip, I will give that try.

kudzu71 I have been using BT for now and it works great. I like to plug it in is so it is being charged. I did try it yesterday plugged in via USB and the BT off, same issue just sits at the paused menu.

I have an appt at the dealer next week to get a few other things looked at, I will have them make sure the MyLink is up to date.

Mike
Old 10-03-2014, 03:40 PM   #31
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAP View Post
Thanks for the tip, I will give that try.

kudzu71 I have been using BT for now and it works great. I like to plug it in is so it is being charged. I did try it yesterday plugged in via USB and the BT off, same issue just sits at the paused menu.

I have an appt at the dealer next week to get a few other things looked at, I will have them make sure the MyLink is up to date.

Mike

So I think you jinxed me! When I plug my phone into the car it sees the device and goes to play and never does. Then goes to the pause screen. However I can get it to play music if I then press play on the phone. Then the functionality is fine
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 01:45 PM   #32
MikeAP

Just got my car back from the dealer last night, they said they updated the software for MyLink. So far I have tired my iPhone with 8.0.2 code a few times while connected via the USB cable and so far so good. Time will tell but hopefully this is resolved.

Mike
Old 10-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #33
45thCamaro

Quote:
Just got my car back from the dealer last night, they said they updated the software for MyLink. So far I have tired my iPhone with 8.0.2 code a few times while connected via the USB cable and so far so good. Time will tell but hopefully this is resolved.

Mike

You should take pictures of the firmware # so others have a leg to stand on when they go to the dealer asking for the update.
Old 10-16-2014, 07:48 PM   #34
Cldgin2

Drives: 2017 1LE SS
Mine works fine with iOS 8.2 and the USB, but when using BT audio after about 20min or so it will "pause" after a song ends. I have to close the music app, switch to a different source and start again. As a result I've stopped using BT Audio. My phone functions are just fine
Cldgin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 12:17 PM   #35
MikeAP

Quote:
You should take pictures of the firmware # so others have a leg to stand on when they go to the dealer asking for the update.
So I KNEW I should have waited a few days before I posted that it was working. On my way home from work yesterday it stopped working. I am back to looking at a "Paused" screen. I am going to call the dealer and find out how we proceed with this. I did look at my software versions and there was 5 pages of them. Is there one that will show the latest version or do you need to see all of them?

Here is what my screen looks when when I try to play music via the USB cord.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #36
45thCamaro

Quote:
So I KNEW I should have waited a few days before I posted that it was working. On my way home from work yesterday it stopped working. I am back to looking at a "Paused" screen. I am going to call the dealer and find out how we proceed with this. I did look at my software versions and there was 5 pages of them. Is there one that will show the latest version or do you need to see all of them?

Here is what my screen looks when when I try to play music via the USB cord.

I sometimes get the same issue with my cruze and my iPhone 5. What I do to get it working again is I use the music app and start to play music and it will start to play. I then regain my steering wheel controls. Or what I do is yell "hey Siri! Shuffle music" and after a couple of seconds it starts to play.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:14 PM   #37
MikeAP

Quote:
I sometimes get the same issue with my cruze and my iPhone 5. What I do to get it working again is I use the music app and start to play music and it will start to play. I then regain my steering wheel controls. Or what I do is yell "hey Siri! Shuffle music" and after a couple of seconds it starts to play.
Yes mine acts the same way, if I hit play on my phone it will work but then when I change songs from my steering wheel the text on the MyLink does not change. The music will but not the text. Just talked to the dealer, they want me to try iOS 8.1 that is suppose to be available on Monday and see how it goes. If that does not fix the issue they will talk to GM to see how to proceed.

Stay tuned.

Mike
Old 10-21-2014, 07:36 AM   #38
Coop1701

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Since iOS 8 and 8.02 I have lost most of my functionality with Mylink in my Chevy Camaro. I even loaded iOs 8.1 last night. Still no functionality. So I removed the device from MyLink and told my iPhone to forget this connection. Now it won't pair back MyLink at all. Is anyone else having this issue...?
Coop1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:36 AM   #39
MikeAP

So I really hate to update you guys because after the iOS 8.1 upgrade to my phone everything seems to be working great in my car. No more issues....well at least not until I posted this. So far music via USB has been working since Monday.

I will update you guys again after the weekend and let you know how it is going.

Mike
Old 10-24-2014, 09:26 AM   #40
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
iOS 8 & MyLink

Quote:
Yes mine acts the same way, if I hit play on my phone it will work but then when I change songs from my steering wheel the text on the MyLink does not change. The music will but not the text. Just talked to the dealer, they want me to try iOS 8.1 that is suppose to be available on Monday and see how it goes. If that does not fix the issue they will talk to GM to see how to proceed.

Stay tuned.

Mike

The same thing happens to me sometimes. It's usually a hit or miss. I'll start my car and press play on my phone, and the mylink bluetooth will come up, but the music won't play. It shows its playing on my phone but it's not in the car. I just have to pause it and press play over and over again sometimes until the car registers.

Strangely, I have more problems with USB than BLUETOOTH. And my sound quality and bass is MUCH better with BLUETOOTH than with an aux or USB. So I don't complain.

At least the steering wheel controls work for Bluetooth. They don't for USB for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #41
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
OK well that was short lived, I tried it again last night and no luck. Just sits at the 'Paused' screen. Once I hit play on my phone it will play music but the screen will not update with the correct song name.

It seems to me it is a bluetooth/USB issue. If I disconnect from the USB cable I can play music via Bluetooth with no problems. Once the cable is in it will just sit in the paused state. I have not tried to play music via the USB cable while not connected to Bluetooth, I will try that later today.

Not sure what the deal is.

Mike

Also, my phone will not allow me to play music via Bluetooth with the USB cable plugged in. It turns off the option all together, and the Bluetooth button on the mylink screen will fade to show no functionality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-24-2014, 02:09 PM   #42
Coop1701

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro SS
Mine use to invoke Sire using my Call Button on the Steering wheel. That and reading text messages were great, iOS 8 broke that for me. I was hoping 8.1 would be better. I have no issues with music at all. Or answering a call. But it drives me crazy not being able to activate Siri and reading of messages.

Maybe I need to check and see if my Mylink is current. My car is only 2 months old though.
Coop1701 is offline   Reply With Quote