Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-22-2014, 11:42 PM   #1
ALEX47ER

Drives: 06 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Camaro LT2 exhaust, intake, tb, etc..

What's up.. My fiance and I own a 2012 Camaro lt2 v6 and looking to start our build by giving our Camaro a little OOMF. We want to start intake, tb, headers, and exhaust do y'all know where I can start what brands to look into? After all this we want to give it a proper tune! I come from the jeep world (still own a jeep) who is getting an engine swap next year so we want to have two nice whips to cruise around in! Thanks any advice would be dope AF!
Attached Images

ALEX47ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:13 AM   #2
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Welcome! Well for starters, the LFX engine in your Camaro cannot have headers. See the sticky thread in this forum for details. You can do high flow cats (HFCs), and certainly can do a cold air intake. There are several great choices, like Roto Fab, Cold Air Inductions, and Injen to name a few. Also consider a ported throttle body from VMax for better throttle response. Most other exhaust mods (outside of HFCs) don't add power, just improve the sound. Popular exhaust brands are MRT, Borla, Dynomax, Flowmaster, Magnaflow, and a few others. The choice there is very subjective.

I'd also do an oil catch can. Elite engineering and Apex make good cans.

Once you get into tunes, just be aware that your 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty will likely be voided. Canned tunes from IPF AND Trifecta are available, or you can have a tuner take care of it.

Happy modding!

Oh, and FYI, it's a 2LT, not an LT2.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:16 AM   #3
Jenner

Drives: 2012 SS/RS
First of all I want to say that's the best color Camaro there is. 2nd in our cars we cannot do headers, we can do high flow cats which to me is the next best thing. 3rd I would say that the CAI intake is one of the most popular on here, but it's also one of the pricier ones, I had it for a few thousand miles and it was amazing I would recommend it although different people here have different ones and they love them. Same goes for exhaust, I have a flowmaster which I love, but different people have different brands that they think sound the best. For throttle body we pretty much only have one choice I can't remember the name of the brand/shop that does the porting, but a few different vendors on here sell them.
Jenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 12:28 AM   #4
ALEX47ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Welcome! Well for starters, the LFX engine in your Camaro cannot have headers. See the sticky thread in this forum for details. You can do high flow cats (HFCs), and certainly can do a cold air intake. There are several great choices, like Roto Fab, Cold Air Inductions, and Injen to name a few. Also consider a ported throttle body from VMax for better throttle response. Most other exhaust mods (outside of HFCs) don't add power, just improve the sound. Popular exhaust brands are MRT, Borla, Dynomax, Flowmaster, Magnaflow, and a few others. The choice there is very subjective.

I'd also do an oil catch can. Elite engineering and Apex make good cans.

Once you get into tunes, just be aware that your 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty will likely be voided. Canned tunes from IPF AND Trifecta are available, or you can have a tuner take care of it.

Happy modding!

Oh, and FYI, it's a 2LT, not an LT2.
Wow I would have figured for muscle cars y'all would have had a option in headers but thanks so much for the input definitely going to start looking into it. I told my fiance borla would be the way to go with exhaust should I change out all the pipes from the cat back ? Injen would be the intake I would go with also a new tb would also help would thanks on the heads up for tuning definitely appreciate it had to come to the pros for this the jeep style is much more different thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
First of all I want to say that's the best color Camaro there is. 2nd in our cars we cannot do headers, we can do high flow cats which to me is the next best thing. 3rd I would say that the CAI intake is one of the most popular on here, but it's also one of the pricier ones, I had it for a few thousand miles and it was amazing I would recommend it although different people here have different ones and they love them. Same goes for exhaust, I have a flowmaster which I love, but different people have different brands that they think sound the best. For throttle body we pretty much only have one choice I can't remember the name of the brand/shop that does the porting, but a few different vendors on here sell them.
Thanks a lot I appreciate your input and I agree the red pops a lot I love how much HP the v6 comes with don't really need a v8 after driving this but the jeep will be getting a 6.1 hemi next year (contradicting) but hey we want our sporty Camaro to keep up haha

Only mods we can do are intake, tb, and exhaust along with an oil catch can and no tuning not a bad list to start off with thanks gents!
Old 09-23-2014, 01:45 AM   #5
Jenner

We can also do the Jac Fab extendolator and ported intake manifold and then yeah I think that's it
Old 09-23-2014, 01:54 AM   #6
ALEX47ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenner View Post
We can also do the Jac Fab extendolator and ported intake manifold and then yeah I think that's it
I am looking into intakes right now just as a starter. then move my way to the tb then exhaust. I seen videos on the v6 intake it sounds fairly mean

I also didnt know these suckers can be supercharged! wow that a nice addition
Old 09-23-2014, 02:08 AM   #7
Jenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALEX47ER View Post
I am looking into intakes right now just as a starter. then move my way to the tb then exhaust. I seen videos on the v6 intake it sounds fairly mean

You said you wanted the injen right? I'm looking into those too. And yeah supercharger and twin turbos seem to work well on these motors.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:34 AM   #8
911medic

Drives: 2012 SIM 2LT/1970 Camaro
Quote:

Yes, there are more options beyond the basic bolt ons, if you have the money and don't mind voiding the warranty.
Wishlist: ACS T5 Splitter -- Hood Vent Mod -- Footwell/Door Pull/Homelink Button Lighting
911medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:19 AM   #9
ALEX47ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
Yes, there are more options beyond the basic bolt ons, if you have the money and don't mind voiding the warranty.
Well what specific are we talking about?
Old 09-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #10
rgrmoreira13

Drives: 2015 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Well what specific are we talking about?
well there are IPF superchargers which in my opinion I am going to save up for and get and then there are front mounted Turbos and Rear mounted Turbos by STS and as well as IPS. So it depends on how much you want to spend and how much power you want. Also if you are going the force induction route I would suggest as well as not getting HFC (Hi Flow Cats) because they are not meant to handle the extra boost coming from the Turbos or superchargers.

TSP Stage 2 Boosted Cam 227/235 at 114 LSA
Fore Innovation Triple pump staged (Walbro 342 primary and 2x Walbro 450 secondaries)
Procharger D1x with a 3.85 pulley
ID1050x Injectors
Flex Fuel Sensor
Monster LT1 Twin Disk Clutch
Holley Sniper Efi Intake Manifold
NW 103mm Boosted TB
747rwhp at 12psi on E85
rgrmoreira13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #11
ALEX47ER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgrmoreira13 View Post
well there are IPF superchargers which in my opinion I am going to save up for and get and then there are front mounted Turbos and Rear mounted Turbos by STS and as well as IPS. So it depends on how much you want to spend and how much power you want. Also if you are going the force induction route I would suggest as well as not getting HFC (Hi Flow Cats) because they are not meant to handle the extra boost coming from the Turbos or superchargers.
Thanks for the info the wifey got into a minor fender bender the other day so we've been worried about getting the camaro into the shop. So now we are back on track to getting some lighting and an intake thanks for the info once again gents