Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #29
karnov

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 911medic View Post
No, you stated it as a "fact."

And your opinion that he should wait to add an intake until he does long tube headers is priceless...

...since that's impossible on his car.
Yes, exactly why it is a fact it is a waste of money for him. He could do HF cats, which I did mention.
karnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #30
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by karnov View Post
Other than the fact they are a complete waste of money for possibly an 8 HP gain you might get, which you will never notice. Unless you doing other mods such as high-flow cats or Long tube headers, a CAI is a complete waste of money. It is a starter mod to get you in the game and nothing else, if that is all you plan on doing.

Just use a high-flow drop-in filter in the stock air intake and save the CAI setup for when and if you plan on doing high-flow CATs or Long tube headers.

You can always tell who actually understands motors and who does not by reading posts on this forum site.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 10:50 PM   #31
satxrider
Bad 45th

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversay Edition SS
K&N can be purchased from Pep Boys on-line for about $150.00. No need to e-bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Magnuson TVS 2300 Supercharger / Alky Meth Injection / Lingenfelter GT12 Cam / Kooks LT Headers, 3 inch exhaust & QTP electric cut outs / Monster LT1-S Twin Disc Clutch / MGW flat blade short throw shifter / Haltech CAI / VMax Throttle Body / DSS Stage 3 axles/ BMR Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Suspension Bushing and 1" lowering springs / Taylor 8MM Plug Wires / Tuned by Henderson Performance Technologies / EBC dimpled and sloted rotors / G2 Painted Calipers / GM Tower Strut Brace / ZL1 Factory Rep Wheels
satxrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:26 AM   #32
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
Pros:
  • Better Sound
  • More Power
  • Looks good cosmetically
  • Better MPG on mine
Cons:
  • They cost money
Think that pretty much sums it up

+1
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:07 AM   #33
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Quote:
Pros:
  • Better Sound
  • More Power
  • Better MPG on mine
Cons:
  • They cost money
Meh. That's what music is for. I yet to put one on but I'm sure it's coming when I get a cam after a ported throttle body. I put nearly 410 to the wheels with an exhaust and tune.
Best of all? My FACTORY tune has the speed governor set at 255 MPH instead of 155!
Old 08-31-2014, 02:33 AM   #34
sspolo

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1LE
Dealers probably have more money than you do and are probably backed by GM, which also has more money. So I'm sure that their engineers can find a reason why the CAI affected your car. You can probably fight it but it could get expensive...
sspolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 06:34 AM   #35
dmginc

Drives: In Circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
Dealers probably have more money than you do and are probably backed by GM, which also has more money. So I'm sure that their engineers can find a reason why the CAI affected your car. You can probably fight it but it could get expensive...
Chevy dealers will not only install a CAI brand intake for you but you can even order it through them. An intake will not void your warranty EVER.

CAI Cold Air Intake, BMR Strut Tower Brace, BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs
Gen5DIY Fog Lights, Big Worm Third Brake Light/Side Marker Tint (Charcoal)
GTS Tail Light Covers, Purple Under Hood Lighting
Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe w/ Muffler Delete
Black Plasti Dipped Wheels, Z/28 Spoiler
dmginc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 09:13 AM   #36
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 03:25 PM   #37
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed585Lbs View Post
Buy a smooth tube for sound and keep the stock air box and filter? Is that the real consensus, as far as practicality? Anything else is just smoke, mirrors, and hype?

Here come the commercials.
No commercial needed, a little bit of research will show you thousands of our customers who are very happy, hundreds of dyno charts by individuals as well as speed shops showing the CAI adding 15 rwhp+ on otherwise stock V6 Camaros, improved IAT's through data logging, improved time slips etc. Not to mention they look and sounds great. There is a reason that we have more of our CAI's on the 5th Gen Camaro than anyone else we know of, and its not a big advertising budget or smoke and mirror promises, its a proven product that is made with a high quality standard. If anyone has questions feel free to contact us or message me.
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:07 PM   #38
RedHotRuby

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LT/RS LFX
I love the way the CAI sounds and out of all of them I believe it runs the coolest. Roto-Fab makes a nice product as well. The con definitely is that they cost money.
RedHotRuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:31 PM   #39
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
I have gone from stock to, K&N, to AIRAID, and then CAI inc. I am most impressed with CAI inc. Yet still disappointed at the at idle IAT's. I figured with a sealed box and airscoop. my idling IAT's would be way lower. Truth is I am nit picking. In my mind a Cold Air Intake should be just that....as cold as the outside air.

I will say that I am being pretty damn picky about my temps, and credit to CAI out of the three systems I have used so far, it takes a lot longer for my temps to climb. With K&N and AIRRAID both could not sit any longer than 4 min and the temps would shoot through the roof. CAI Inc takes a bit longer....

Anyway I am done switching products for this summer. we will see what happens next year. lol!
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855

Last edited by 1KillerSS; 09-15-2014 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Spelling
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 08:51 AM   #40
Ward

Drives: 2012 LT 1 RS imperial blue
Using a K&N in the '12, love it. Improved the exhaust note, better gas mileage and ,it seems, better acceleration.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:18 AM   #41
djcfuzz
Do somethin fun every day

Drives: 2012 45th V6 RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
No commercial needed, a little bit of research will show you thousands of our customers who are very happy, hundreds of dyno charts by individuals as well as speed shops showing the CAI adding 15 rwhp+ on otherwise stock V6 Camaros, improved IAT's through data logging, improved time slips etc. Not to mention they look and sounds great. There is a reason that we have more of our CAI's on the 5th Gen Camaro than anyone else we know of, and its not a big advertising budget or smoke and mirror promises, its a proven product that is made with a high quality standard. If anyone has questions feel free to contact us or message me.
djcfuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:56 AM   #42
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Pros:
  • Better Sound
  • More Power
  • Better MPG on mine
Cons:
  • They cost money
+1
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote