Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-25-2014, 11:14 PM   #1
T-r3x

Drives: 2010 camaro ss ( LS3 )
Do you have an RX super chiller? Come here

Hello guys,

I decided to buy a super chiller for my s/c camaro. Dave is having a family situation and he will not be able to supply his super chiller to customer (at least now), so I may buy a super chiller from RX. Some people are saying it's a bad and poor chiller while others say it's not. So I have many question that I want you to answer (ONLY IF YOU HAVE AN RX CHILLER)

1- when did you buy it?
2- did RX installed it for you or did you installed it some where else?
3- does it leak freon? << VERY IMPORTANT
4- how good are the materials used to make it? (Does it live for long time)
5- does it cool the IAT's well?

I really really need your help guys to decide wether to buy from them or wait for Dave.

Thanks all
T-r3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:22 AM   #2
H-E
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 zr1 Camaro 2011 vert
I would advise you to look at other areas.I hear the trouble from these units week after week .It's a great idea, it's just not reliable yet.Just giving you a friendly warning good luck.
H-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #3
jasycz28
J.Sick

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I had nothing but problems with mine I bought from RX. I had to get new ends from the local AC shop because the ones RX sent leaked. They are a simple crimp type I have no idea how you mess that up. He did pay for the repairs. Also you have to cut your AC line and install fittings for the system. The system never cooled the water down to the 35 degrees or what ever they claimed. I could only get about 20 colder than ambient temp. I had all of the AC pressure were he wanted them. Then we agreed on me returning it and getting a refund. It took RX 6 months making payments and me having to take a monster catch can to return my $1000.

It sounds like a good idea in theory but I could not make it work. If you do go with a chiller please buy the AI Super Chiller from TrekGTO who is still a sponsor here. His kit you don't have to cut any lines he has adapters for both AC lines. And I don't know the whole story but I think RX stole TrekGTO's design.

I suggest running meth. My 2 cents.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:48 AM   #4
T-r3x

Drives: 2010 camaro ss ( LS3 )
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasycz28 View Post
I had nothing but problems with mine I bought from RX. I had to get new ends from the local AC shop because the ones RX sent leaked. They are a simple crimp type I have no idea how you mess that up. He did pay for the repairs. Also you have to cut your AC line and install fittings for the system. The system never cooled the water down to the 35 degrees or what ever they claimed. I could only get about 20 colder than ambient temp. I had all of the AC pressure were he wanted them. Then we agreed on me returning it and getting a refund. It took RX 6 months making payments and me having to take a monster catch can to return my $1000.

It sounds like a good idea in theory but I could not make it work. If you do go with a chiller please buy the AI Super Chiller from TrekGTO who is still a sponsor here. His kit you don't have to cut any lines he has adapters for both AC lines. And I don't know the whole story but I think RX stole TrekGTO's design.

I suggest running meth. My 2 cents.

When did you buy it?
T-r3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
white ZL1

Drives: none
I'd say there's been enough poor feedback on that vendor that they wouldn't even be an option.
white ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:17 PM   #6
jasycz28
J.Sick

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-r3x View Post
When did you buy it?
About two years ago.
Old 07-26-2014, 07:32 PM   #7
jtulery

Drives: 2012 CAMARO ZL1, 2012 CTS-V,
Quote:
So I have many question that I want you to answer (ONLY IF YOU HAVE AN RX CHILLER)

1- when did you buy it?
2- did RX installed it for you or did you installed it some where else?
3- does it leak freon? << VERY IMPORTANT
4- how good are the materials used to make it? (Does it live for long time)
5- does it cool the IAT's well?
1. Got it from RX.
2. RX installed it in there shop.
3. YES it leaked Freon !!! They could not fix it ..Three different times return to their shop to be fixed .. Still have not got refund as it was returned to RX . They promised full refund..
4.Rx use poor quality material. there not a lot of moving parts there a solenoid
5. Yes if you can keep the Freon in there not leaking.....it will cool the IATs well.

IF your going to do it wait for Dave
There's no cutting AC lines and splice in Dave system bolt in clean install
DO NOT USE RX !!! Do search about them

wait for Dave.

Last edited by jtulery; 07-26-2014 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Did not look right.
jtulery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 06:28 AM   #8
alssiri

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Dave@TrekGTO is the man , Tracy@RX got me both Chiller's for my SS in 2011 & ZL1 in 2012 , the one for the SS was Dave's original Chiller before he left RX & I never had any issue with leaks, the ZL1 Chiller was the copy that needs the AC line to be cut & had to leak always.
Now I am waiting for the original monster 18" 30 plate Chiller from Dave .
Have to say that Tracy@RX was very helpful always but the problem was their Chiller.

Ahmad
2012 ZL1 A6 (SOLD)
Forged 376 CI, LSA HeartBeat, Mast Medium Bore Heads & JDP ZLR Cam, ARH LT , MagnaFlow Resonated X + Borla Atak Catback, ADM 102mm Snout, CAI, NW102MM TB, ID850, Fore Triple Fuel Pump, MSD Wire's, Moroso CC.
Alky Control, FIICHILLER.
alssiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 05:59 PM   #9
Tonka1

Drives: Camaro
How much power does the chiller ad to the cars HP. I'm running a Whipple at 12lbs
Tonka1 is offline   Reply With Quote