Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-12-2014, 07:27 PM   #1
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Vibration

Hey guys i am driving a 2013 1LT camaro and I am experiencing some vibrations when i am driving, its around 1000-2000 RPMS and I am driving an automatic, its like its hesitating and it shakes/vibrates the whole car.
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #2
camaro1350

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS 1LT, 6M
Does it do it above that range? It's a 13 so it's still under warranty. Take it in and get it looked at. Have you done any mods lately?
Old 04-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #3
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1350 View Post
Does it do it above that range? It's a 13 so it's still under warranty. Take it in and get it looked at. Have you done any mods lately?
It is when I am accelerating to like 45 and i am leveling off or when I'm going up a hill. I have a K&N Cold Air intake and borla exhaust axle-back, nothing that I have done to the car could have caused it.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #4
camaro1350

Drives: 2013 Camaro RS 1LT, 6M
Sorry, I don't know what will cause this. My first thought that maybe one of your wheels are loose or out of balance but that would do it all the time. Does it actually shake the whole car? I would take it in and get it checked out. Sorry I don't have any good fixes for you. Hope others will chime in and have a better answer.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:02 PM   #5
IAMTHEDANGER
The great ruiner of plans

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1350 View Post
Sorry, I don't know what will cause this. My first thought that maybe one of your wheels are loose or out of balance but that would do it all the time. Does it actually shake the whole car? I would take it in and get it checked out. Sorry I don't have any good fixes for you. Hope others will chime in and have a better answer.
Sorry that this is off-topic, but what wheels do you have? What size? I really like them.
IAMTHEDANGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:23 AM   #6
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I'm assuming you've had your car long enough to recognize the effects of Active Fuel Management cutting out 4 of your cylinders, and you know it's not that causing the issue (AFM can cause all sorts of weird sounds/sensations, especially at slower seeds).

So - I suspect you have a bad Torque Converter. It's been an issue on quite a few cars. I had a '12 1LT and experience very similar symptoms as you described. Took it to dealer. They diagnosed a bad TC and put in a new one. End of problem.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:19 PM   #7
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
I'm assuming you've had your car long enough to recognize the effects of Active Fuel Management cutting out 4 of your cylinders, and you know it's not that causing the issue (AFM can cause all sorts of weird sounds/sensations, especially at slower seeds).

So - I suspect you have a bad Torque Converter. It's been an issue on quite a few cars. I had a '12 1LT and experience very similar symptoms as you described. Took it to dealer. They diagnosed a bad TC and put in a new one. End of problem.
Thanks man I appreciate it, and its a v6 so does it have AFM? I will take it to the dealer and see what they say, thanks man!
Old 04-13-2014, 11:12 PM   #8
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Thanks man I appreciate it, and its a v6 so does it have AFM? I will take it to the dealer and see what they say, thanks man!
No. V6 doesn't have AFM.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:17 AM   #9
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post

No AFM on a V6.
Old 04-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Hey guys i am driving a 2013 1LT camaro and I am experiencing some vibrations when i am driving, its around 1000-2000 RPMS and I am driving an automatic, its like its hesitating and it shakes/vibrates the whole car.
AmericanMuscleCars,

Apologies to hear about the vibration you're experiencing. Keep us posted on this situation and don't hesitate to let us know if you need additional assistance after coordinating a visit with your dealer.

Kind regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 08:19 PM   #11
serows1

Drives: Blue Ray 2SS
Could be a U-joint or driveshaft issue, I'd have that looked at too.

I had a guy come into my shop about two years ago with a vibration that he only felt while driving over 40 mph. After looking at it we found the rear drive shaft yoke was cracked and slightly twisted causing the vibration, we were surprised it did not fall out. Just a thought...

Paul
serows1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 01:07 PM   #12
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by serows1 View Post
Could be a U-joint or driveshaft issue, I'd have that looked at too.

I had a guy come into my shop about two years ago with a vibration that he only felt while driving over 40 mph. After looking at it we found the rear drive shaft yoke was cracked and slightly twisted causing the vibration, we were surprised it did not fall out. Just a thought...

Paul
Uhhhhhh… thats not good i'll have to get it checked soon then.