The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 03-28-2014, 04:44 PM   #1
BLURAY_Z51

Drives: 2014 Z51 Laguna Blue
Auto Memory Recall Issues?

Auto Memory Recall is not working anymore for IGNITION-ON option. DRIVER DOOR-OPEN option seems to be working just fine.

Also if I hold down a button for a saved memory setting, I get no movement of the seats/mirrors.

Anyone else here experiencing issues with the Auto Memory Recall for the seat/mirror settings?
BLURAY_Z51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:05 PM   #2
raymbarr

Drives: 2014 Laguna Blue Convertible
I have similar issues with a possible workaround.

My Auto Memory on ignition has never worked. The Auto Memory on door open seems to sometimes work - not always. I don't like the auto memory on door open because then I can barely squeeze in with the steering wheel towards me as far as I like it.

Also - even holding down the memory button to get it to go into place after I'm in the car hardly ever works. So my workaround is I get in the car, press the button to slide the seat up for a second, then press and hold the memory buttons - works everytime then.

Not good. I saw several threads on the internet about the dealers resetting or reformatting and some complained that it then stopped working completely. So I'm afraid to do it since my workaround is working and I don't want my car sitting at a dealer for weeks - it's my daily driver.

Anyone else?
raymbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #3
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
Neither of you mention which transmission you have, but the Auto Memory Recall will not work on ignition start if you have a manual. That is apparently the way GM decided it should be programmed, and it not considered defective. It even states that in the owner's manual.

Also, I find that part of the programming for the auto recall seems counter-intuitive. Perhaps try turning it off in Settings. When I did that, the Easy Exit feature started working properly (where the seat moves all the ay back & the steering wheel forward when you open the door), and the memory presets worked at "one touch" instead of having to hold the button.

Hope this helps!
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:59 AM   #4
raymbarr

Drives: 2014 Laguna Blue Convertible
That's very helpful, thanks. I do have a manual transmission so that must be it. (And though it's not considered a defect it would be nice if I had it in neutral or my foot on the clutch it would work - but I know, safety feature).

Also I'll try that about turning it off in settings. That may explain why at one point I feel like it worked differently than it works now.

Thanks!
raymbarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:42 PM   #5
BLURAY_Z51

Drives: 2014 Z51 Laguna Blue
My car has an automatic transmission. Thanks for the tip raymbarr.

I've tried turning the settings on/off/on and no luck.
BLURAY_Z51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:04 PM   #6
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
I had this cut off in my c5s and c6. Due to the angle i have to get out in my garage (cannot swing the door 100% open), I may use the feature in my c7. Will be playing with it over the next few days. Glad to read a bit about it.

So it's supposed to move the seat forward just a bit when you touch the button once? I thought maybe I hadn't put my memory settings in properly!
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 06:18 AM   #7
purpleRac3r

Drives: 1974 & 2014 Corvette Stingrays
If you press the memory button once, it should move the seat and steering wheel to where you preset it, regardless of how far it has to go. It should be no different than if you hold the button in the whole times things adjust.

That said, there is a small interval in which this works. Press the button too quickly and it just moves a little. Hold it too long and you have to hold it in the whole way. There is a sweet spot the when pressed just right all works fine. It may take a few tries ti get it figured out but once you do, it becomes second nature and all is well. I don't even think about it anymore.
'74 Stingray coupe, heavily modified, as seen in August 2011 VETTE magazine, 2014 Stingray Z51 #196, ordered 02/11/13, built 08/29/13, Museum Delivery 10/04/13, driven daily!

purpleRac3r is offline   Reply With Quote