Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 03-31-2014, 10:13 AM   #1
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
subwoofer help

Hey guys this has probably been seen and asked many times but here goes; I am looking to get a subwoofer system, I went to best buy and I am looking at the 2 12 inch kicker compR series that comes with a ported enclosure. I am also looking at getting a ken wood amp but I want to have remote bass control in the front also, which the ken wood at the store powering the 2 kickers didn't have. I have the boston acoustics sound system. Problem: I am a baseball player for high school and I need the space being that I am a catcher. I think it will fit even with the subs. The total for everything will be around 600 dollars with the geek squad installation. It's a 100 dollars for them to install it so I guess I could do it myself and with the extra money I can upgrade the amp? Plus will I need the subwoofer kit also with the wires and everything thats another hundred dollars I could take off and probably put into the amp if its not needed. Thanks guys, I have no clue when it comes to things like this!
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 02:08 PM   #2
c5dreamer

Drives: Tacoma/2LTRS
i would make sure the sub box fits it the trunk 1st
c5dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 03:39 PM   #3
436SS

Drives: 2010 1SS
First off, I would not let the geek squad nowhere near my car! Go to a reputable installer. Second, if you are replacing the stock amp; get the FARK harness from Steve@********. The harness is plug-n-play (no cutting or splicing of wires involved). Also, there are a few amp options that will fit in the factory location. If you are just planning on swapping the amp and adding the sub(s), the install would be easy enough for you to do. Getting the harness from Steve is the key.
436SS is offline   Reply With Quote