Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 12-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #15
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Thanks everyone for the advice! I think I am now leaning towards the V2....There has to be a reason why it is the most recommended exhaust, so I have high hopes that it'll be the right exhaust for me! I am gonna wait and see what deals Cyber Monday Brings tomorrow, and hopefully I'll be able to buy it
Old 12-03-2013, 02:52 AM   #16
A_DILLA
Optimus Prime

Drives: Camaro ZLS [COTW 09/22/14]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
Thanks everyone for the advice! I think I am now leaning towards the V2....There has to be a reason why it is the most recommended exhaust, so I have high hopes that it'll be the right exhaust for me! I am gonna wait and see what deals Cyber Monday Brings tomorrow, and hopefully I'll be able to buy it
Good luck man, I'm in the same boat. I'm comparing between flowmaster and borla... Some people on here did say V2 to me tho also but I need to make sure it sounds beefy if that makes sense.
A_DILLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 12:09 AM   #17
CyberG11

Drives: 2011 V6 Cyber Gray
I have the v2 and love it!!!!
Tinted windows, RX catch can, MRT 2 Exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Trifecta Tune, Plastic dipped rims, foot well lighting, upgraded DRL, Ghosted side markers, LED interior and trunk lights, Painted calipers, Heads up display, Ported Throttle body, Air scoop, washer bottle relocation kit, Dynamat, amp and subs, Vitesse Throttle controller.

Up next Hex vents, Long tube headers, suspension, brake upgrade.
CyberG11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #18
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Sick Camaro View Post
I like my v1 with no rear cats and no resanaters. Drone is really person to person to me it's fine.
Old 12-17-2013, 08:18 AM   #19
Wizzer

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey
v2 all the way. 3 years on mine and still love it. It drones at about 70-76 miles an hour. ABout 1800 rpm. Fix was just do 80mph and it goes away. Speed limits are 70 to 75 out here so 80 is NP out here. V1 will just piss of the neighbors and the ones I saw in my area dont have the deeper tones the v2 has on a v6
Wizzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 10:11 AM   #20
crazy4camaro

Drives: 2012 RSLT,1979 Trans Am
very happy with V2......but you need to spend on what makes you happy and Wizzer is right there is V1 half a block away and the neighbors NOT happy
crazy4camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:44 AM   #21
SnowmanBeats

Drives: Yellow , black hood hockey stripes
don't let people talk you out of the v1 you know you liked it or you wouldn't have made this thread it is a very nice exhaust. i have herd both in person and they are both nice, v1 in my opinion takes it because of the louder deeper idle, inless your scared of the neighbors go with the v2
SnowmanBeats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 10:50 AM   #22
NoSyT
It's a Three Six, Vee Six

Drives: '12 AGM 2LT/RS & '14 Silverado LTZ
Quote:
I know that there are tons of threads about this, but I am getting a new exhaust for my v6 on black friday, and am leaning towards going with the MRT V1, and wanted to get some thoughts? I have never heard either the V2 or the V1 in person, but have watched tons of YouTube videos, and I feel like the the V2 just doesn't make a large enough difference, but I am a bit worried that the V1 will sound a bit like a ricer. I want loud, but not obnoxious. For those of you who have heard them in person, what do you think? V1 or V2?
Quote:
Thanks guys for all the input, I'm still leaning towards the V1 but I'll have to do some more research before pulling the trigger
Quote:
Did you get a new exhaust yet?
Old 12-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #23
trooper182

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT yellow non RS
I had the V2 for a while and liked it a lot. But then there was a post from a person using the Pype Bomb exhaust. At first it had rasp but after I added in a Magnaflow resonated X it cleared up and has a great tone to it. IMO it is better than the V2 I had. It has a nice deep grumble with little to no rasp. At highway speeds the exhaust note is not overpowering.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258643
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=274426
Staff Sergeant U.S. Army 13B Gun Bunny. 2011 Camaro 1LT A6 Mods: Pypes bomb V8 exhaust, Magnaflow x-pipe, resonator delete, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax Black Ice-olator, Elite Engineering catch can, painted engine cover and fuse box cover, 3dCarbon Front Fender Vents, Street Scene Front Splitter, ZL1 Side Rockers, Anvil Notch Rear Spoiler, interior/engine bay LED lights, two JL Audio W3's 10" and 1000w kenwood amp
trooper182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #24
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I had the V1 in my previous camaro, a 2010 1LT. it was loud and got some compliments, it was an attention getter no doubt! but it droned a decent amount, lived with it for a year and finally got J-pipes and that did the trick. if you end up getting the V1 I highly recommend getting j-pipes to go with it. most shops can fabricate them pretty easy, had a shop quote me 150 for parts and labor included. I know mine sounded bad a**

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 06:39 PM   #25
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy4camaro View Post
very happy with V2......but you need to spend on what makes you happy and Wizzer is right there is V1 half a block away and the neighbors NOT happy
LOL.... hate my neighbors any way, love the 4 am wake up call I used to give them on the way to the gym...LOL

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote