Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #15
AKA-22

Drives: ELLE-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHIOSS View Post
Five people have tried to kill you in 4 months! I've had my car since 2009 and no one has tried to kill me. How do you know it's not you that's bringing on the anger of others? One or two times it could be "them", but more than that "you" are the problem.

Just my opinion.

Rus
so if it doesn't happen to you it doesn't happen to anyone else?? Wow !!! the first month i had my Car i had to call state police on a car that i saw daily on interstate that would dangerously get close to me and flip me the bird JUST For the hell of it....to say that jbow89 could be the problem is just a STUPID responce "in my opinion" ...
Old 09-02-2013, 09:28 AM   #16
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbow89 View Post
So after driving for 8 years and no tickets or points nothing I have to protect myself. I just passed 4 months of having my car and 5 people have almost killed me. Road rage for no reason at all. Driving along minding my own business abiding all laws and people won't stop messing with me. I just purchased a dash cam and I have a question about wiring it. I'm going to hardwire it into the fuse box which I can do easily but my question is how can I use the cigarette plug? Can I cut it off at the end and split the wires? I've searched all over and cannot seem to find an answer. Thanks guys. Being 24 and having a red camaro I just know I will somehow get the bad end of the deal and want to protect myself
protect yourself with a dash cam ?? Try a 45
MBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:59 AM   #17
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
Yep people are strange.

Driving home from work one day on the highway in the left lane this girl flies up in the center lane next to me. I could see her in my rear view mirror flying up the lane(s). But her actions made me second guess myself. When she got next to me I glanced over, it looked like she was staring at me and screaming. So I looked again and she was still staring at me screaming and flipping me off. Confused I started thinking maybe I cut her off. No I saw her coming up, zig zagging through the lanes from along way back. After she lost interest in me, she switched to the right lane flew up on someone's rear and leaned over her steering wheel and started screaming at them. I'm talking full on 28 days later drool coming from the mouth rage. Looked like a young girl.

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:09 AM   #18
cmb74656

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS CGM/BLI A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ryan View Post
Yep people are strange.

Driving home from work one day on the highway in the left lane this girl flies up in the center lane next to me. I could see her in my rear view mirror flying up the lane(s). But her actions made me second guess myself. When she got next to me I glanced over, it looked like she was staring at me and screaming. So I looked again and she was still staring at me screaming and flipping me off. Confused I started thinking maybe I cut her off. No I saw her coming up, zig zagging through the lanes from along way back. After she lost interest in me, she switched to the right lane flew up on someone's rear and leaned over her steering wheel and started screaming at them. I'm talking full on 28 days later drool coming from the mouth rage. Looked like a young girl.
Sounds like she had PMS while driving her POS.

MODS: RX Performance catch can, Jegs CAI, ZL1 grille, chrome license plate frame, GM locking gas cap, Defender Worx chrome DRL bezels, GM molded splash guards, Oracle LED side markers, DRLs, tag lights and reverse lamps, Technostalgia Rapid Fire tail lamps, Vitesse shift paddle extenders, MBRP cat back.
FUTURE: long tube headers, front splitter, slotted/drilled rotors, leather console and e-brake handle boot, remote fuel door and rear seat release, sway bars and bushings.
WISH LIST: Edelbrock E-Force SC, LS3 conversion
cmb74656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:44 AM   #19
Lawdog1911
ZL1 Dreamin

Drives: 1967 Camaro, 2010 2SS (RIP)
I have had many a time when I try to pass up someone who is driving in the slow lane and they speed up and not let me pass. Of course my road rage kicks in and I don't let them deny me my pass and it turns into a drag race on the free way. A dash cam would definitely incriminate me.

Matte Black Jeep GC SRT8 20 inch wheels, SRT8 Sway Bars, Custom Hood, black Plasi-dip Custom Cross Road Runner Stripes and decals, Custom Rear Diffuser, Plasti-dip rear black out Panel. Halo Fog lights.

Please Help if you can Paypal: icanbe_reached@hotmail.com
Lawdog1911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #20
My45thAnniversaryCamaro

Drives: 45th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdog1911 View Post
I have had many a time when I try to pass up someone who is driving in the slow lane and they speed up and not let me pass. Of course my road rage kicks in and I don't let them deny me my pass and it turns into a drag race on the free way. A dash cam would definitely incriminate me.
Reminds me last summer when I went to pass someone on the highway who was driving extremely slow but when I sped up he floored it too and that was just stupid! I finally got by him then he started tailgating me very badly.
My45thAnniversaryCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:00 AM   #21
Jbow89

Drives: 2012 LS
I live in south jersey. You get New York jersey and Philly in a mixing pot of crazy. Yesterday was a simple he cut me off while trying a 3 lane dive in an intersection. I mind my own business drive speed limits use the left lane for what it called... Passing. People around here are so much more important than me which means they have to cut me off or just wanna play slam on the breaks. Trust me I have a ton of fun with my camaro. Drive the hell out of It. Mainly with women in the car and when the time is appropriate not rush hour eating a burger and merging
Jbow89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #22
MyIBMssRS

Drives: 10 IBM SS RS/14 1500 Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strzelec View Post
Do you think that you driving in the fast lane with no consideration for people that may want to pass you had anything to do with it? I think you can blame yourself on this one.
Keep right, pass left. Simple concept.
MyIBMssRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:52 AM   #23
angryv6
Lake Erie Monster

Drives: 02 Hyundai Santa Fe and 13 300
So that gave the person who wanted to pass the to do it in a manner that almost sideswiped his car?
angryv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:57 AM   #24
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strzelec View Post
Do you think that you driving in the fast lane with no consideration for people that may want to pass you had anything to do with it? I think you can blame yourself on this one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
lol, that's not inches. probably 2 car lengths. and why are you cruising in the left hand lane?
Hardly two car lengths. Look at the attached pic. I am 1/8 mile from my exit on the left, I have to be here. Driving slow had nothing to do with this road rage. I cropped out my speed. I will edit the video to cover the speed - forgot about that rule.

(Interior audio on my unit doesn't pick up well with the widows down and music on low with my exhaust.)
Attached Images

Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 12:32 PM   #25
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
Have you thought about mounting a train horn for asshats like this? Scare the crap right out of them: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...ght=train+horn

Last edited by yzark99; 09-02-2013 at 12:33 PM. Reason: speling erorrz
yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #26
Mutant Racer

Drives: 2015 2LT Torch Red C7 Stingray
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCompiler View Post
Hardly two car lengths. Look at the attached pic. I am 1/8 mile from my exit on the left, I have to be here. Driving slow had nothing to do with this road rage. I cropped out my speed. I will edit the video to cover the speed - forgot about that rule.

(Interior audio on my unit doesn't pick up well with the widows down and music on low with my exhaust.)
Yup there are exceptions to using the passing lane and exiting left is one of them. If people watch the video again they can even see a left exit so there are a few on that road. You were doing just fine.
Mutant Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:03 PM   #27
Lord Ryan

Drives: Chevy Prelude RS V4 Hot Pink Ed.
In Ohio all exits are on the right, so I assumed that was the rule. I've traveled a lot in the last 10 years, and I've learned there are no rules. Some cities highway systems seem to have no logic at all. Cities like LA and Chicago are just plain nuts. Tons of interchanges, left side exit and way too many people. Chicago highways have low speed limits 55mph. Everyone drives 80mph except during the 12 hours a day or so of rush hour where it may take 3 hours to travel 5 miles. Don't even get me started on Florida drivers!

Lord Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:15 PM   #28
Gtkilrss

Drives: 2016 SS
Man you guys are paranoid. And to think I just get in my car every day and drive to work......