Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #113
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
Said the same thing. By producing a weapon, I mean showing a weapon. That is hardly even the point. That was not even close to a weapon necessary event. Not even close!
Once again, you miss my entire point... two points, actually:

1. As it turned out, Aubrey's experience did not elevate to a "dangerous" situation (thank God). But it could have. You don't know those punks and (apparently) neither did she. None of us knows what they could be capable of. "Be prepared" isn't just for Boy Scouts anymore - today's society requires it.

2. Had Aubrey been wearing a holstered pistol in plain sight, chances are very high that the punks never would have messed with her or her car in the first place.

READ CAREFULLY NOW:

The above two points are the only point(s) I was making in my original post - and I quote: "Good reason to have a CC permit". I never suggested Aubrey draw down on the punks and leave bloody body parts strewn all over the parking lot. Anyone who is correctly trained in firearms usage, would know that is the last thing you would ever want to do.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:59 PM   #114
Supreme Leader
Account Suspended

Drives: MANual
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Once again, you miss my entire point... two points, actually:

1. As it turned out, Aubrey's experience did not elevate to a "dangerous" situation (thank God). But it could have. You don't know those punks and (apparently) neither did she. None of us knows what they could be capable of. "Be prepared" isn't just for Boy Scouts anymore - today's society requires it.

2. Had Aubrey been wearing a holstered pistol in plain sight, chances are very high that the punks never would have messed with her or her car in the first place.

READ CAREFULLY NOW:

The above two points are the only point(s) I was making in my original post - and I quote: "Good reason to have a CC permit". I never suggested Aubrey draw down on the punks and leave bloody body parts strewn all over the parking lot. Anyone who is correctly trained in firearms usage, would know that is the last thing you would ever want to do.
Cool story bro, tell it again?
Supreme Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:43 PM   #115
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
ill lighten the mood a bit....guns are no joke but this is funny....I think this guy has a permit http://youtu.be/x0MdDzTxsu4
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:25 AM   #116
derklug

Drives: 12 Boss 302
^That was some good stuff, we need more commercials like that. Reminds me of the Ka commercials.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:40 AM   #117
Bowtiepower00

Drives: Previous Camaros: 69, 89, 11, 13
Wow. Lots of overly sensitive people on this board. Perhaps I worded my original post poorly? I don't think ANYONE on here is advocating actually shooting a group of teens for getting into their car? I for one, am not.

Personally, unless I know you, your are not getting into my vehicle. Period. That probably would have prevented the situation in question.

That being said, my point simply was that a person, who is ready, and prepared to defend themselves, likely would not have gotten into this situation. Part of this is letting others know that you are prepared to defend yourself, whether this means open carry, or untucking your shirt and placing your hand on your weapon to let others know you are armed while CC. This in itself is usually enough deterrent for 99% of threats, while remaining prepared for the other 1%, where further escalation is justified.

It is not usually clear what the intent or motive of others is, in any situation, and when outnumbered by a group of people who are harassing you, vigilance, and situational awareness is of the utmost importance.

Perhaps many of you live in smaller communities, where the majority of people have relatively good intentions. I understand that. But, that being said, many of us live in large, urban environments, full of violent criminals that do an excellent job of presenting themselves as average people in an attempt to lull people into a false sense of security.

I have NEVER been in a situation where I needed to actually put someone in the sights of a firearm. And I fully understand that if you draw a firearm, for ANY reason, as a LAST resort, you better be ready to use it.

My point was simply that, if a person is prepared, most crime can easily be prevented, simply because the majority of criminals prey on the weak, not people who are prepared for the situation at hand. I think that most of us can agree on this, regardless of your stance on firearms and their regulations.

In a major metro area, full of real criminals, where the law enforcement agencies are busy dealing with real, hostile acts of violence, calling to report a group of people in your vehicle is going to receive a delayed response that could take up to an hour or possibly longer, and then only to take fingerprints after the crime has already been committed. This is not a knock at LEO's and the job they do, it has to do with budget shortfalls and limited manpower.

I am not recommending that uneducated, scared people take up arms and shoot at people for little to no reason at all. Getting the proper equipment, endorsements, and training, and practicing situational awareness at ALL times, will go a long way to prevent becoming a victim. In many areas, a call to 911 is not going to save the lives of yourself or your family in an actual, violent, emergency situation. And as a situation is unfolding, you must assume the worst and prepare for the best, regardless of how "nice" the area you are in or the people posing a threat to you are.

Last edited by Bowtiepower00; 08-07-2013 at 04:14 AM. Reason: corrected a gramattical error
Bowtiepower00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:04 AM   #118
Supreme Leader
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiepower00 View Post
Wow. Lots of overly sensitive people on this board. Perhaps I worded my original post poorly? I don't think ANYONE on here is advocating actually shooting a group of teens for getting into their car? I for one, am not.

Personally, unless I know you, your are not getting into my vehicle. Period. That probably would have prevented the situation in question.

That being said, my point simply was that a person, who is ready, and prepared to defend themselves, likely would not have gotten into this situation. Part of this is letting others know that you are prepared to defend yourself, whether this means open carry, or untucking your shirt and placing your hand on your weapon to let others know you are armed while CC. This in itself is usually enough deterrent for 99% of threats, while remaining prepared for the other 1%, where further escalation is justified.

It is not usually clear what the intent or motive of others is, in any situation, and when outnumbered by a group of people who are harassing you, vigilance, and situational awareness is of the utmost importance.

Perhaps many of you live in smaller communities, where the majority of people have relatively good intentions. I understand that. But, that being said, many of us live in large, urban environments, full of violent criminals that do an excellent job of presenting themselves as average people in an attempt to lull people into a false sense of security.

I have NEVER been in a situation where I needed to actually put someone in the sights of a firearm. And I fully understand that if you draw a firearm, for ANY reason, as a LAST resort, you better be ready to use it.

My point was simply that, if a person is prepared, most crime can easily be prevented, simply because the majority of criminals prey on the weak, not people who are prepared for the situation at hand. I think that most of us can agree on this, regardless of your stance on firearms and their regulations.

In a major metro area, full of real criminals, where the law enforcement agencies are busy dealing with real, hostile acts of violence, calling to report a group of people in your vehicle is going to receive a delayed response that could take up to an hour or possibly even longer, and then only to take fingerprints after the crime has already been committed. This is not a knock at LEO's and the job they do, it has to do with budget shortfalls and limited manpower.

I am not recommending that uneducated, scared people take up arms and shoot at people for little to no reason at all. Get the proper equipment, endorsements, and training, and practicing situational awareness at ALL times, will go a long way to prevent becoming a victim. In many areas, a call to 911 is not going to save the lives of yourself or your family in an actual, violent, emergency situation. And as a situation is unfolding, you must assume the worst and prepare for the best, regardless of how "nice" the area you are in or the people posing a threat to you are.
How long did that take u to type?
Old 08-07-2013, 02:17 AM   #119
Bowtiepower00

Drives: Previous Camaros: 69, 89, 11, 13
Troll feeding post removed...

Last edited by Bowtiepower00; 08-07-2013 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Troll feeding post removed
Bowtiepower00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:22 AM   #120
Supreme Leader
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiepower00 View Post
About 7 minutes, including proofreading. I am a college educated person who happens to enjoy firearms, and freedom. Did you assume that since I am willing to defend myself, as well as my family, that I am an uneducated redneck? I am not just some hothead looking for confrontation, my opinions come from many years of actual experience, and from living in a variety of communities. Have a nice day!

How did you ASSume any of that from what I just said.
Old 08-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #121
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
So.... 2 Camaro owners walk into a bar!

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:06 AM   #122
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
1 walks out

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #123
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake2212 View Post
oh my god, this could not be more wrong. if i have a weapon holstered on my belt that means i am producing it? are you high? a weapon is not considered produced unless it is drawn from the holster, but i guess you know better than the United States Military on that ruling.
I had typed something else here. Some of you may have read it. I am done with this. Jake, do not consider pulling a gun the same as showing one in its holster. I do suggest that showing a weapon does have its ramifications as well. Palmer, you may be right that if Aubrey had a gun on her side that could be seen, the young guys may or may not have messed with her. In any event, be safe all. I own guns. I choose not to carry one because I have never felt the need. I hope I never do. I hope nothing bad ever happens to any of the folks that do carry guns. At least we all love Camaros!

Last edited by gajagfan; 08-07-2013 at 11:25 AM.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #124
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
Well since my story is the one that got this thread totally off course (which was not my intention) I just want to add some details that will straighten up this gun debate...

I've read through this thread and people are using the phrase "car jacking" which could not be further from the truth. I never once feared for my life, nor did I think that these guys where going to steal my car. They where just stupid 17 year old high school kids who felt like bad asses. I was in a very nice part of town, so these kids where just spoiled jerks who felt like they could do whatever the wanted.

No one told me or suggested to me that I should get a CC permit. I said that I wanted to get one when I was turned 21 but this is by no means the reason why I want one.
As you said, it was not your story, it was another's interpretation of that story, or possibly my interpretation of there interpretation! Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited by gajagfan; 08-07-2013 at 11:25 AM.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:27 AM   #125
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew9440 View Post
So.... 2 Camaro owners walk into a bar!
and the one with the V6 says to the one with the V8....

PR**K....CAN'T WAVE TO ME? Now I have to sell my car

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #126
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
and the one with the V6 says to the one with the V8....

PR**K....CAN'T WAVE TO ME? Now I have to sell my car
you forgot to add a manual/auto joke in there, but pretty good haha!
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote