Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 07-22-2013, 06:39 AM   #1
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
How do you go about finding a good speed shop?

So as I delve further and further into my research on upgrades and go-fast parts, it has occurred to me that I'm likely to need a speed shop to help me with some of the tuning, especially in the suspension realm where I have no idea what the hell I'm doing... so how does one find a good performance shop? I'm about two hours from Rodgers Chevrolet, and about the same distance from Berger Chevrolet, but is a dealership really the place to go?

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #2
RolltideSS

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
I would start by going through the list of site sponsors. If nothing clicks there, you probably have a sub forum for Michigan where people can tell you where they go. Typically dealerships won't do tuning
RolltideSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Ask in the regional forum for your area - Great Lakes maybe.
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
family man

Drives: .
I know it's a drive, but Livernois has a real solid rep, and they are a sponsor on here.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
Chris@Livernois

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Est.July.4.1776 View Post
So as I delve further and further into my research on upgrades and go-fast parts, it has occurred to me that I'm likely to need a speed shop to help me with some of the tuning, especially in the suspension realm where I have no idea what the hell I'm doing... so how does one find a good performance shop? I'm about two hours from Rodgers Chevrolet, and about the same distance from Berger Chevrolet, but is a dealership really the place to go?
Hey Conductor Dave, how are you this afternoon? Looks like the go fast bug bit you huh? It happens to even the strongest that try and avoid it! What mods have you been thinking about? Heads? Cam? Intake? Power adder? Pretty much anything that you can think of is something we offer and we would love to earn your business and make you a customer for life.

Please feel free to reply back in this thread or send me a PM with any questions you may have. Look forward to speaking with you soon. -Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by family man View Post
I know it's a drive, but Livernois has a real solid rep, and they are a sponsor on here.

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/
Thanks for the recommendation, it is greatly appreciated!
Chris@Livernois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:36 PM   #6
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS
I'm not afraid of a little drive, but I'm looking mostly at suspension upgrades first and foremost

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote