Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 AM   #15
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
I want something to bring the trim back to black without it washing off or streaking like other products after application and to getting a little wet.
Read my above post..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #16
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
I want something to bring the trim back to black without it washing off or streaking like other products after application and to getting a little wet.
Check out our Super VRT. It's a water-based dressing, so there is no slinging/dirt attraction/streaking to deal with like silicone-based products.

It's water resistant as well, so it will hold up very well over time through washes/rainy weather.

Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #17
Liam
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
Quote:
Hey Blue, It's Bill. I can bring my Super VRT to the car club tomorrow if you want to try it out. You wont be disappointed. I use mostly Adams now.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #18
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Thanks
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #19
Forte

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS CGM W/ Black Stripes
Maybe I somehow did something wrong but when I put the sVRT on my stripes they attracted dirt/dust like no one's business. Rest of the car was clean but one day after wash and only the stripes were completely coated in it.

Love it for tires and other trim though.
Forte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #20
Blues45th

Hats why I was asking. Although of course there is always one guy who say " read above post" well I did and you didn't answer me. This stuff slings and I have been told also doesn't last past one wash. I was looking for a product that brought back that trim look without having to keep reapplying and better yet one that doesn't get everywhere and attract the dust because its so goopy
Old 05-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #21
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Hats why I was asking. Although of course there is always one guy who say " read above post" well I did and you didn't answer me. This stuff slings and I have been told also doesn't last past one wash. I was looking for a product that brought back that trim look without having to keep reapplying and better yet one that doesn't get everywhere and attract the dust because its so goopy

I did answer you. Ultima Tire and Trim guard plus. Doesn't attract dust, doesn't sling, lasts months.

Not my fault you didn't read.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #22
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forte View Post
Maybe I somehow did something wrong but when I put the sVRT on my stripes they attracted dirt/dust like no one's business. Rest of the car was clean but one day after wash and only the stripes were completely coated in it.

Love it for tires and other trim though.
If I had to make a guess, I'd say you put it on a little heavy.

Clean them up, re-apply the SVRT with half as much as you used this time, and report back.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:28 AM   #23
kostnkost
Roof expert detail noob

Drives: 2013 BRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I did answer you. Ultima Tire and Trim guard plus. Doesn't attract dust, doesn't sling, lasts months.

Not my fault you didn't read.
I'm curious how Ultima would hold up on Plasti dip?

I tried SVRT and it holds up very nice, but I am still getting a ton of tiny pebbles sticking to the barrels.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:30 AM   #24
Blues45th

Hey camarodreams I did read and I wasn't putting fault on anyone. Just as you to can read along. What you have stated and what I have heard and read and spoke with others about is two different stories. As posted above I have heard of issues of dusting and splatter and washing off after first rain. So I thank you for your help but if you take things so personally maybe your not the best person to answer. I have read your statement and thank you. But as you can see I not the only one with questions and issues with this product. Thanks guys
Old 05-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #25
CamaroDreams07

Quote:
Hey camarodreams I did read and I wasn't putting fault on anyone. Just as you to can read along. What you have stated and what I have heard and read and spoke with others about is two different stories. As posted above I have heard of issues of dusting and splatter and washing off after first rain. So I thank you for your help but if you take things so personally maybe your not the best person to answer. I have read your statement and thank you. But as you can see I not the only one with questions and issues with this product. Thanks guys

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-23-2013, 09:59 AM   #26
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@Adams View Post
If I had to make a guess, I'd say you put it on a little heavy.

Clean them up, re-apply the SVRT with half as much as you used this time, and report back.
I ran into something similar when I did the hood on my 1LE. I ended up reapplying after a wash. I had to buff it pretty well with a MF Towel too.

Initial application left it streaky and uneven with some spots being thicker than others. I applied it too heavy and a little uneven. After the second app and a lot of work with the MF Towel it's G2G.

On a side note some thing similar to SVRT with a little less shine would be the shizz for my application. I actually prefer a more matte look on all my trim and even my tires, especially the hood.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
Old 05-23-2013, 02:25 PM   #27
Blues45th

See these are the things I have heard. And also seems like they have had a heck of a time getting it off to re apply. Matte look is what I'm asking for. Thanks guys.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:15 PM   #28
Liam
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
At first I didn't realize you were talking about the stripes on the car. By trim I thought you meant black plastic grille etc. I don't think you should ever put a "dressing" of any kind on the stripes or adjacent to a painted surface. It will always streak and smear, its not made for that. VRT works best on tires. You will have better luck with something like Adam's quick sealant. http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-701-a...k-sealant.aspx

For stripes, it would be best to spray it on a microfiber towel then apply.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote