Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #15
3whiterag
GM Powertrain Retired

Drives: 67SS350, 87 IROC L98, 96SS ver
I heard some of the new Camaros were going to be red!
3whiterag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 06:08 PM   #16
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
I found these on a Mustang GT500 forum. Poor little Rustang owners are funny, and low on the IQ quotient. *I know these aren't rumors. I thought they were funny though.*

IT's NO SHELBY GT500 that's for sure..... It's chevys wanna be muscle car

My response; "You are correct. It's no GT500. The new Camaro is not an overpriced, "boy racer wanna -be". It'll "eat" your GT500, at a lot less of a price, and it'll look good doing it."

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little.

My response; "You've just realized you over payed for an over weight, under achieving, "boy racer". Now there will be a new "bad boy" on the streets, which will cost less, and out perform the GT500, and it looks a whole lot better doing it."

* Before I get any complaints about picking on Mustang owners, I'm just being funny. They're just as loyal and enthusiastic as we are. I enjoy the back and forth "ribbing" as well as the rivalry.
I hate how every time I talk about a Camaro and a Ford enthusiast is involved, the turn to the shelby, they want to compare a near supercar version of the mustang to a street version of the camaro. How about we compare the top of the line mustang- the shelby, to the 600 HP Camaro proposed by Mr Saleen?
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 09:13 AM   #17
cornfay

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC'em View Post
I hate how every time I talk about a Camaro and a Ford enthusiast is involved, the turn to the shelby, they want to compare a near supercar version of the mustang to a street version of the camaro. How about we compare the top of the line mustang- the shelby, to the 600 HP Camaro proposed by Mr Saleen?
comparison- 1 is a real car (production line) 1 is speculation

MODS-
FRPP Exhaust
Possible 40th Anniversary Package (when available)

Last edited by cornfay; 02-08-2007 at 09:40 AM.
cornfay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 02:56 PM   #18
IROC'em

Drives: Chevy 1500 5.7L Vortec
Any of the new camaros are speculation but when they compare them, they use the weaker model camaro instead of a flagship like the GT500 is.
IROC'em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 03:08 PM   #19
cornfay

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC'em View Post
Any of the new camaros are speculation but when they compare them, they use the weaker model camaro instead of a flagship like the GT500 is.
i c, I haven't personally compared any and haven't seen anyone talking about the 2, if anything all I have seen is comparisons with the viper and z06. Their claim of course is the amt of HP you get for the money. Unless you pay an ADM which would blow that out of the water.

I will compare them when I have them both in my garage hopefully someday soon

MODS-
FRPP Exhaust
Old 02-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #20
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfay View Post
i c, I haven't personally compared any and haven't seen anyone talking about the 2, if anything all I have seen is comparisons with the viper and z06. Their claim of course is the amt of HP you get for the money. Unless you pay an ADM which would blow that out of the water.

I will compare them when I have them both in my garage hopefully someday soon
personally for a 500 hp mustang that is priced at 43,000 is over priced. at most 40k. especially when looking at the performance of that car. I'm not saying it is completely awful, but seriously a car that has 500 hp should not weight as much as the f-150. Also I was at the track this past sunday and watched a look alike gt500 do a 14.2 in the 1/4. I also watched a regular gt run a 13.7 in the 1/4. it's really sad my stock camaro kicked both their butts. . .considering my car is 9 yrs old. . .completely stock. but let me say this I would buy a mustang before I buy a jap trap.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:54 PM   #21
cornfay

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
personally for a 500 hp mustang that is priced at 43,000 is over priced. at most 40k. especially when looking at the performance of that car. I'm not saying it is completely awful, but seriously a car that has 500 hp should not weight as much as the f-150. Also I was at the track this past sunday and watched a look alike gt500 do a 14.2 in the 1/4. I also watched a regular gt run a 13.7 in the 1/4. it's really sad my stock camaro kicked both their butts. . .considering my car is 9 yrs old. . .completely stock. but let me say this I would buy a mustang before I buy a jap trap.
base model was $41,165 so you are splitting hairs, it def has a weight problem though.

MODS-
FRPP Exhaust