Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 07-04-2009, 12:53 AM   #309
ChattyCat
Cat

Drives: 2005 Nissan 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeySoft View Post
Kewl. Welcome! Lots of good data here. I've been a corvetteforum.com member for eons of time. Now I would never buy a car without checking with users of the actual product. HELPS a Ton!
Thank you Mikey - Trust me, I have been trying to absorb all I can from this group (my brain is spinning from all the data!) What I am learning is overwhelming, but extremely helpful!!

Cat
ChattyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 01:01 AM   #310
ChattyCat
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarricSS View Post
From what i have seen around the forums, it should take you about 100 days from workbench order to delivery. That's IF your dealer had an allocation to use at the time. Call your dealer and ask for a workbench print out, that's how you can track your order.

And Gratz btw...
Thanks Darric!
I recall the dealer saying some about how they have an allocation for 40 and they have 27-orders currently (was not sure what the all meant at that moment, but now it allllll makes sense). So, I suppose that makes me 28? This whole process of ordering a car is new to me so you will have to forgive me! :(
I usually settle - NOT this time! So, would you still recommend calling the dealer to obtain a "workbench print out?" - thank you for your response

Cat
Old 07-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #311
2SSJIM

Drives: 2012 CRT ZL1 #1400
[QUOTE=DarricSS;641000]Got the Car tonight.

Bad pics, but it was dark by the time i got home.

Called in sick to work for tommorrow... Got some places to go!

If you were turning west onto U.S.60 from Higley this past Thursday, you were right behind me before you got in the turn lane. I was in a '04 Black Silverado on my way up to Lowes! The one time I wasn't in the RJT SS! Car looked awesome coming up behind me!
2SSJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #312
AZ2010SS
2G1FT1EW5A9116928

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattyCat View Post
Thanks Darric!
I recall the dealer saying some about how they have an allocation for 40 and they have 27-orders currently (was not sure what the all meant at that moment, but now it allllll makes sense). So, I suppose that makes me 28? This whole process of ordering a car is new to me so you will have to forgive me! :(
I usually settle - NOT this time! So, would you still recommend calling the dealer to obtain a "workbench print out?" - thank you for your response

Cat
Congrats on your order! You defiantly want a copy of your work bench and your dealer should keep you informed of any status change. If your dealer makes life hard on you, you need to remind them that you are spending alot of money with them and the least they can do is keep you informed!! And there are some great folks on this forum that will check your order for you every once in a while as well.
Old 07-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #313
SSRider

Drives: Black 2SS RS M6
HAPPY FOURTH TO ALL :flag2:
SSRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #314
Fesler

Drives: 1969 Camaro and 2010 Camaro's
I have 5 cars at the shop right now in Scottsdale. I have a few more that will be in next week as well. They are out and available so if you ordered one and they still dont have it just go find what you want at the dealer. The dealers have them all over and some are not charging a dime over sticker
Fesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:19 PM   #315
MikeySoft
Mikey

Drives: 2010 CorvetteGS, 2010 3LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fesler View Post
I have 5 cars at the shop right now in Scottsdale. I have a few more that will be in next week as well. They are out and available so if you ordered one and they still dont have it just go find what you want at the dealer. The dealers have them all over and some are not charging a dime over sticker
What Dealer are you?
MikeySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:25 PM   #316
Fesler

Drives: 1969 Camaro and 2010 Camaro's
I am not a delaer, I just go to all the dealerships and find cars and buy them. I know AZ dealers have cars all over the place. you can also buy them from CA we have a few guys out there telling us where cars are. You can find them and dealers have them not sure why everyone is waiting so long to get them.
Fesler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:50 PM   #317
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
[QUOTE=2SSJIM;647789]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarricSS View Post
Got the Car tonight.

Bad pics, but it was dark by the time i got home.

Called in sick to work for tommorrow... Got some places to go!

If you were turning west onto U.S.60 from Higley this past Thursday, you were right behind me before you got in the turn lane. I was in a '04 Black Silverado on my way up to Lowes! The one time I wasn't in the RJT SS! Car looked awesome coming up behind me!

Yeah that was me... That's where i get on the freeway everyday...
Old 07-04-2009, 12:56 PM   #318
DarricSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChattyCat View Post
Thanks Darric!

Cat

Yes, call the dealer and ask them to fax you a workbench print out of your order, that will let you know if you actually have a dealer allocation. If they tell you that they don't have a workbench order for you, then you most likely will be waiting for a while because your car has not been ordered yet and you are the 28th person waiting in line to place an order.

If that's the case you might want to call around to other dealers and ask them if they have any order allocations available...

I can refer you to the General Manager at Thorobred Chevrolet if you like...he was AWESOME to work with...
Old 07-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #319
ChattyCat
Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2010SS View Post
Congrats on your order! You defiantly want a copy of your work bench and your dealer should keep you informed of any status change. If your dealer makes life hard on you, you need to remind them that you are spending alot of money with them and the least they can do is keep you informed!! And there are some great folks on this forum that will check your order for you every once in a while as well.

Thank you - I will definitely do that.....

I appreciate the warm welcome from all and the advice
Old 07-05-2009, 09:57 AM   #320
MikeySoft
Mikey

Drives: 2010 CorvetteGS, 2010 3LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fesler View Post
Hmmmm, can I interest you in a Totally Amazing Used Car? (Check My Garage)

I hate for my daily driver to go to the "Cash For Clunkers Program". When My dad died I took over his 1999 Lincoln Continental and have maintained it as my Daily Driver ever since.

The Car is all but perfect and has been maintained by local Lincoln dealership. 1 Family Owned since new, All Records kept.

It gets 20MPG around town and all of its service has been in the last year. They say these cars are just getting broken in at 90K Miles.

Its kind of a dad car, but is really cheap to insure and drive daily. I drove to and from work with it (10Miles), and my dad drove it all highway since he owned it.

Perhaps a Retiree, or someone with a young driver since its a big car and very safe?

Anyway If you know anyone let me know. I'd probably cut it loose for 4500.00 if it goes to a good home.

Luxury 1999 Lincoln Continental. 94K Miles young
New Tires
New Battery
New Alternator
New Brakes
New Serpentine Belts
New Hoses
New Water Pump (3 weeks ago)
ICE COLD Air conditioner (Just serviced)
Just Oil Changed Last week.
DARK TINT All the way around. Looks Amazing!

Features: ABS, Air Conditioning, Alarm, Alloy Wheels, AM/FM Radio, Cassette Radio, Cruise Control, Driver-Side Airbag, Leather Interior, One Owner, Passenger-Side AirBag, Power Locks, Power Mirrors, Power Seats, Power Steering, Power Windows, Rear Bench Seat, Rear Window Defroster, Remote Keyless Entry, Tilt Wheel, Traction Control, Computerized Ride Leveling.

If you look on the internet you'll find this car is 6K-7K and not as nice!

email me at mikey@upgradeit.com

Last edited by MikeySoft; 07-05-2009 at 10:18 AM.
MikeySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 05:26 PM   #321
AZ2010SS
2G1FT1EW5A9116928

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 Camaro
Finally!

It looks like I will finally get my car tomorrow! Its been sitting at the rail yard since last Friday which has been about to drive me nuts! It looks like alot of other people are going to get theirs as well. There had to be close to 20 Camaros at the Phoenix rail yard. I saw two IOM's two CGM's and a Black leave for the east valley this afternoon.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:59 PM   #322
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ2010SS View Post
It looks like I will finally get my car tomorrow! Its been sitting at the rail yard since last Friday which has been about to drive me nuts! It looks like alot of other people are going to get theirs as well. There had to be close to 20 Camaros at the Phoenix rail yard. I saw two IOM's two CGM's and a Black leave for the east valley this afternoon.
I hope mine is on there.

edit: Definately not on that train. Just found out I am in QC again.

First car spent 25 days there... this one has been there for two weeks already.

Last edited by Evotion; 07-08-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote