Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-13-2008, 06:19 PM   #15
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
"HA HA!! Told you so. See guys, you never believe me! I said there was burried treasure and you didn't believe me"

- Lawence a.k.a."Chunk"

See told you guys they were in Florida. I got my camera in my car. I bet that was near Tampa. Was that I4?
Old 03-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #16
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbjczk71 View Post
White still does not make this car look good. There is something still not right looking about this car from looking at the car in that last photo, from the rear at an angle looking up the side. Something with the proportions is off a little bit, and it looks worse on the white car. Hopefully when I see one in person in a different color I will change my mind.
Well, the trunk line changed, there is no , and no rear splitter, otherwise it truly is pretty darn close to the concept, maybe not as flat but...

I think it needs to be dropped a bit, but the way the tires are, it looks like it could only drop an inch and not start rubbing. Any thoughts?
Kyle2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:21 PM   #17
nickkillerbee

Drives: none
Great shots. its good to see what the car will look like for everyone who doesnt get 1. can someone tell us if those prototypes are v8s or v6s. i was also thinking that these prototypes may be the same cars that weve been seeing previously in camo that might have just been painted over which might explain the black door handles, mirrors and gas cap. but what i really want to see is some of these cars doing tests on australian roads.
nickkillerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:22 PM   #18
Roflmao
Insane Assylum Escapee

Drives: 1998 Camry
Quote:
Originally Posted by marlboromike View Post
I do not understand why they changed the location of the gas filler line...it should have remained on top as the concept car showed...the mirrors were switched...they r doing alot to minimize the overall appearance package...
It was explained in another thread that the gas cap location was a safety hazard I think, so thats what that change is about. Mirrors are also a safety thing I would assume, I doubt you could see anything in those concept mirrors and if they were meeting regulations.
Roflmao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:23 PM   #19
Fandango
(In Z/28 Therapy)

Drives: 2014 SS Camaro (Sookie)
Send a message via AIM to Fandango
Yeah Balzonya4head!!! I'm in Zephyrhills and a black one passed right by me and I tried to chace it donw but I was in my wifes Kia or as I call it Kisashit. Dude I got my Camera in my car were ever I go now cuz I'm all over tampa. They may be testing in Dade City and Brookksville were all their roads are like hilly and winding and stuff. Perfect for taking a fast car driving. I want to be a Chevy engineer for a day!!! Damn that car looks nice!!!
Old 03-13-2008, 06:38 PM   #20
wshnonastar

Drives: 2007 Saturn Ion
It's like Christmas every day this week! This has got to be the best website ever created! I love being a member here.

wshnonastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:42 PM   #21
RickAz28

Drives: 1994 Camaro Z28 (modified)
I-75

Anyone who has driven that road knows that, off season, you have the road to yourself.
Speed is not an issue.
Some years ago, in July, I hit cruise control at 135mph and was PASSED by an RX-7.
You can't tell me they were on that highway to "check out the humidity".
Best
Ricky
RickAz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:53 PM   #22
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
I like the white. I'm actually starting to like it more than the black.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:57 PM   #23
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Nice pics! Love your user ID.
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #24
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickkillerbee View Post
Great shots. its good to see what the car will look like for everyone who doesnt get 1. can someone tell us if those prototypes are v8s or v6s.
No one really knows. Some think the white one is a V6 since the wheels seem to be smaller and the front clip vent is closed. The black seems to be a V8

Welcome to the site.

If you haven't already, do some searches for the common stuff like SS, Z28, engines, transmissions, LS, gas cap, headlights, b-pillar and you'll find loads of information.

Enjoy
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #25
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Balz, that's one heck of a first post. My very warmest welcome to you!

As far as the accents being black, well I know on a lot of base level trims the mirrors and other stuff is black plastic rather than body colored. Maybe this represents a base trim line?
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #26
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Pretty cool, wonder if they'll wander up to the panhandle to Pensacola? Also, anybody notice they are going to call it a 2010 model instead of 09? At least I named myself right!

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #27
SSmoked

Drives: '12 Camaro ZL1 #1255
XCELLENT pics bro, and welcome to the site. that first pic is pure genius lol. boy ol boy has that week been asom lol.

FOR FUTURE PEOPLE WHO SEE THE CAMARO PLEASE TAKE A VIDEO CAMERA IN UR CAR AND VIDEO TAPE THIS BAD BOY. thanks
Old 03-13-2008, 07:19 PM   #28
tonydw30

Drives: Car
The cars are here in tampa. I've seen the white one on monday and followed it for 19 miles. North of Tampa. I have seen the Black one today. I will not mention the road they are using because, I think that it's a hot spot for new car testing. I've seen Audi test at least 4 cars last year on the very same road 8 months before they came to the market.
tonydw30 is offline   Reply With Quote