The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 04-01-2009, 08:10 AM   #141
Zhawk
Iroc's Love Slave

Drives: 3 Camaros, 1 Vette, a Buick, & a 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
Hmm...interesting stuff. I grew up in Oregon. My first wife was from outside Seattle in Kent, WA. I lived in Bellevue for awhile in HS.

I retired as a TSGT.
Before I crossed trained to Manpower, we were all cut trained into Jets and Hydro. So, we have a bunch of Jet and Hydo Crew Chiefs.

Was in Saudi for Elf-1 (Iran-Iraq war - 90 day rotations), Desert Storm, Desert Shield

Then Kunsan for a year. Retired and got hired. So, I'm still working for the Air Force in Florida at Patrick. This is where I'm staying forever.
Yep, I wound up training a guy who had been transferred to Pope (never did find out what crime he had committed ) from working A-10s and he had been cut trained too. Now they are starting to combine career fields again. And I guess more is on the way.

Got to the sandbox within a week of Iraq planting their national flag in Kuwaits back and left after it was all over. Worked with a great group, I was amazed at what we did to keep those 130s in the air.

Glad you like it at Patrick, everyone should find a place they love to live. I love it up here, just have to find a way to convince everyone that it is horrible so they'll move out and traffic won't be as bad.

Has anyone seen my sanity? I am hiding from it and don't want it sneaking up on me!
Zhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:19 AM   #142
cam-up

Drives: 03 S/C DODGE 1500, O2 CAMARO
94- presently in Iraq Army

Last edited by cam-up; 04-01-2009 at 08:20 AM. Reason: poo- poo
cam-up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:56 AM   #143
Chandra

Drives: 2005 Nissan Pathfinder
USAF 98-2003

USAF 98-2003
Home station was Hurlburt Field Florida
I was a machinist and worked on C-130 transports and C-130 gunships. Also H-53 helicopters.
Chandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:33 AM   #144
RT21
Sage of Thread Killing

Drives: IBM Tumbler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhawk View Post
Yep, I wound up training a guy who had been transferred to Pope (never did find out what crime he had committed ) from working A-10s and he had been cut trained too. Now they are starting to combine career fields again. And I guess more is on the way.

Got to the sandbox within a week of Iraq planting their national flag in Kuwaits back and left after it was all over. Worked with a great group, I was amazed at what we did to keep those 130s in the air.

Glad you like it at Patrick, everyone should find a place they love to live. I love it up here, just have to find a way to convince everyone that it is horrible so they'll move out and traffic won't be as bad.
All my kids live in Oregon, so I'm hoping I get my Camaro before my Birthday. Your other half said there is an event up there then, so I hope to drive it all the way there.

Thank all of you for continuing your service. You ROCK!!!

"It's better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln
Quote:
Silver Streak: This car is screaming Camaro all the way through. If you are still complaining about the Camaro, you need to re-evaluate!
Edmunds: "You want to kick ass, or fondle the door panels, sissy?" LOL!!!
Blur: You need to develop your own level of badassery before handling a car with so much badass content.
pinkcamaro10: "gained the faith back" Thanks guys! "Patiently" waiting thanks to all the pink milk people!
http://camaro5rt.mybrute.com
RT21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:00 AM   #145
A.J.

Drives: 2014 Impala
2 years Army - '67 to '69.
A.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:43 AM   #146
Zhawk
Iroc's Love Slave

Drives: 3 Camaros, 1 Vette, a Buick, & a 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by RT21 View Post
All my kids live in Oregon, so I'm hoping I get my Camaro before my Birthday. Your other half said there is an event up there then, so I hope to drive it all the way there.

Thank all of you for continuing your service. You ROCK!!!
Just let us know when you expect to be out here, OK?
Always look forward to meeting other Camaronutcases,

Has anyone seen my sanity? I am hiding from it and don't want it sneaking up on me!
Zhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 11:41 PM   #147
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
US Air Force 1987 -1991.
Sgt E-4 336th Rocketeers, 4th EMS
Sheetmetal on F-4 Phantoms and F-15E Strike Eagles, a little F-16, F-86 and once a Mig 15.

7 months 8 days in Desert Shield/Storm Thumrait, Oman and then Al-Karj, Saudi Arabia

Have any of you crew chiefs learned how to change an apex bit and use a speed handle yet or do you still just round them off and call for sheet metal? And for Gods sakes an airloc is a simple lefty loosy, righty tighty 1/4 turn.
Jamie Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:32 AM   #148
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
Not trying to thread jack, but i was considering joining the military, which branch would you guys recommend and why?
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:21 AM   #149
clm7214

Drives: 04' HD Silverado, 09' Malibu
Quote:
Originally Posted by manimsoblack View Post
Not trying to thread jack, but i was considering joining the military, which branch would you guys recommend and why?
The Marine Corps. If you're joining to be a warrior, be the best there is. Don't join the Corps just for education, thats the wrong reason and you wont be happy.

The Air force, if you're joining for education and a job but don't really want to pull the trigger on someone. (No offense airmen, I appreciate the plane rides and your chow hall)

USMC FTW
clm7214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:45 AM   #150
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

service?

Quote:
It depends on what you want to do. I was all set to join the Marines but my Marine Corp drill instructor brother talked me into joining the Airforce to use my brain instead of my body. He's never forgiven me for listening to him. No matter which service remember first and foremost you are joining the military to defend your country. Anything else such as the GI Bill is strictly a benefit and not the reason you are there.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 AM   #151
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Quote:
Originally Posted by clm7214 View Post
The Marine Corps. If you're joining to be a warrior, be the best there is. Don't join the Corps just for education, thats the wrong reason and you wont be happy.

The Air force, if you're joining for education and a job but don't really want to pull the trigger on someone. (No offense airmen, I appreciate the plane rides and your chow hall)

USMC FTW

Enlisted are smarter in the Air Force. We send the officers out to do the fighting. That way the enlisted can sit around on the internet making post on Camaro5.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:59 AM   #152
epd313

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by clm7214 View Post

USMC FTW
As a 14 year Air Force veteran, none taken! Never fired a weapon after basic and I loved my experiance in the AF. The Air Force has the best bases, the best dining facilities, sorry, "chow halls"/"mess halls", the best dorms and by far the best looking women!!!!
epd313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #153
manimsoblack

Drives: 04 Pontiac Grand Am, 08 Ninja 650r
I'm actually thinking about doing it for the Education more than anything... College bores me to no end. So AF over Marines in that case. What about the Army or Navy? One of my best friends is doing Army Special Ops and he said aside from basic and AIT it's not too bad. But that some of the Classes are pretty slow. We got comparable SAT scores and he got a 98% on the ASVAB.
manimsoblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:47 AM   #154
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Quote:
I'm actually thinking about doing it for the Education more than anything... College bores me to no end. So AF over Marines in that case. What about the Army or Navy? One of my best friends is doing Army Special Ops and he said aside from basic and AIT it's not too bad. But that some of the Classes are pretty slow. We got comparable SAT scores and he got a 98% on the ASVAB.
Wrong. You join the military to defend your country. Whatever education you think you might be getting from it doesn't matter. You can be deployed at anytime to a far off country. Nothing worse than being deployed with a bunch of a-holes who didn't sign up for being soldiers and shouldn't be there because they only wanted the GI bill or they shouldn't be there cause they are married. You join to defend your country and do your presidents bidding. All else is strictly a perk. Period! Our armed forces are there ensuring that Americans are free to buy IOM SS/RS Camaro's with black rally stripes. Don't get me wrong. The GI bill and on the job training you get in any of the forces will be with you the rest of your life and help shape who you are. Just never forget why you really joined. Say thanks to my Marine nephew, Scott. Fresh back from his third tour in Iraq.