The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-24-2010, 04:52 PM   #43
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
You do realize that as soon as you propose, you'll need to give up on the Camaro dream.

Remember that you are going to have to buy many pairs of shoes, clothes and other items for your wife as well, and these will cause any money you have for yourself and your camaro to become secondary.

In the boating world, there is a saying:
A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money.

Just substitute Boat with Wife, and remove "in the water", and that is the situation you will be in.
Old 06-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #44
Superman09
Account SNAFU

Drives: 13 Tahoe 79 Scout II 15 1LE
Drag ebay for awhile (you have time) I got my fiance's ring for $600 (hope she doesn't read this) but had it appraised and the seller was right it was a 9K ring. She caught him cheating with her roommate and pissed him off be selling his ring cheap, yes you can find them you just have too look. Also browse craigslist same thing happens there too. Just cause a ring is expensive doesn't mean you have to pay full price.
Superman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:54 PM   #45
lee

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Thank you. And BTW. My ring cost like 100 bucks and I lost it about 16 years ago. lol I don't wear one.
uh huh,

i like reading these post and seeing other people say this , im 25 and all of our friends recently have been getting married with some pretty nice weddings getting themselves into debt, or having their parents pay for it which my mom already said she wouldnt and i tell my chick the same thing i dont see the reason into getting into debt over a one night wedding and the good thing is she agrees with me
lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:39 PM   #46
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post
You do realize that as soon as you propose, you'll need to give up on the Camaro dream.

Remember that you are going to have to buy many pairs of shoes, clothes and other items for your wife as well, and these will cause any money you have for yourself and your camaro to become secondary.

Just substitute Boat with Wife, and remove "in the water", and that is the situation you will be in.
Wow dude... just "wow"
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #47
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Dallas View Post

Wow!!!...that comment doesn't sound 'too sexist'...

Not all women are all about shoes, clothes, and shopping...

I personally hate shopping...always have...

I shop because I need stuff, not as a hobby...

Please don't stereotype all women with spending time at the mall with their girlfriends...that is offensive to most of the ladies here, I'm sure...

Please think before you speak...it may have been YOUR experience with YOUR woman, but it doesn't apply to all of us...

Am I right, Camaro5 ladies??!!...

Now back to your regularly scheduled Camaro5 viewing and posting.....
Old 06-24-2010, 06:59 PM   #48
CynAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post

Old 06-24-2010, 07:07 PM   #49
mamaro

Drives: '10 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoUCantDriveIt View Post

Originally Posted by UT-Enginner
Wow, Well first of all, I'm glad to know there still are married couples out there b/c yes u do have a valid point.... but i definatly dont plan on getting divorced to my future fiance/wife. And i know money isnt everything but i want to make sure what I get her is a reflection of my love for her. I admire how you can take the CZ and Camaro lol, instead of a 2K diamond and No camaro. All the same, I just want to give her the proposal, wedding, ceremony, and marriage she deserves.

Nothing you can buy will do that. What you give of yourself, is your reflection of your love for her.
Diamonds and expensive ceremonies have little to do with quality marriage. I would give up any of that to have loving, caring, sharing, and respect from a man. Do what you can, but remember that the most important part is what you give her of yourself, not how much you went into debt to buy a ring.
mamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:09 PM   #50
CynAgain

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaro View Post
Diamonds and expensive ceremonies have little to do with quality marriage. I would give up any of that to have loving, caring, sharing, and respect from a man. Do what you can, but remember that the most important part is what you give her of yourself, not how much you went into debt to buy a ring.
Well said!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:10 PM   #51
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
If you're choosing between a car & a wife, then you can't afford either one.
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:17 PM   #52
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
Oh but if you want to spend 10 grand I have a fcking AWESOME quality set
LOL
Old 06-24-2010, 07:27 PM   #53
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
My friend... I can call you that... you may be looking at it all wrong. You need to find something special. Cost is not the issue, it has to be special. If she wants a HUGE rock to just show off... ditch her. Shes too high maintanance (sp? whatever). I got my ring for less than $700. The band is my moms old band. It has leaves with little diamond slivers and etching in it. Now it didnt have a stone so I had to buy one. I got a nice, not huge, not perfect stone that looks FANTASTIC in it. The ring is very special to her b/c of the fact it has history and it is the ONLY ONE like it.

As far as the car... thats your call but 6 to 7 months car payment is INSANE.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:04 PM   #54
Jay2SS109
Redemption

Drives: .

Last edited by Jay2SS109; 06-25-2010 at 10:10 AM.
Jay2SS109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:19 PM   #55
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
If you ditch your car for her, you might resent her for it later. Don't sell the car, save instead.

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:24 PM   #56
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by "prima"Donna View Post
Wow!!!...that comment doesn't sound 'too sexist'...

Not all women are all about shoes, clothes, and shopping...

I personally hate shopping...always have...

I shop because I need stuff, not as a hobby...

Please don't stereotype all women with spending time at the mall with their girlfriends...that is offensive to most of the ladies here, I'm sure...

Please think before you speak...it may have been YOUR experience with YOUR woman, but it doesn't apply to all of us...

Now back to your regularly scheduled Camaro5 viewing and posting.....
I suppose I should have put the joke tag on that...I'd have thought I'd been on here long enough for most of you to know when I'm kidding, lol.