Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 04-19-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
intense1

Drives: 2011 2SS m6
Need Advice NJ dealers

Hello all, I have been reading these forums for weeks now, and I'm getting close to ordering a 2011 iom 1ss/rs. I live in northern NJ, and looking for any advice/experiences on dealers in the NJ/NY area. Also a general question do you guys prefer a large dealership(highway, 200+ cars on the lot) or a small family oriented dealer ship(in town, small showroom). Thanks
intense1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:27 PM   #2
EvolutioN

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500 - Subaru LegacyGT
Bought mine at Paramus Chevy. Very good experience. They got a good team of people there. Getting delivery on Friday. Pending that all money transfers arrive on time..
EvolutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:46 AM   #3
intense1

I know them well, a few years ago I went there to lease an H3, they were the largest and only hummer dealer in the area. My experience was not as good as yours, they quoted me a price that was 175$ more a month than what I ended up getting it for, everything exactly the same. I couldn't help but feel they were ripping me off with there price. I will admit I like that Paramus is a big dealership, with a large service dept, I will be checking them out, but with low expectations. Did you go anywhere else, I'm also looking at Hackensack, and Crane in Clifton. Thanks for the reply.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:38 AM   #4
njhardc0re

Drives: 2SS/RS
I got mine at Hawthorne Chevy, great price. I know of someone who bought from Paramus and they charged him MSRP. I got below the Supplier price on my 2SS/RS.
njhardc0re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 07:00 AM   #5
presholt33
Account Suspended

Drives: too numerous
try reedman-toll in p.a. very good dealer they have sold a lot of camaro's
presholt33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:05 PM   #6
EvolutioN

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500 - Subaru LegacyGT
Well I already have Supplier thru the company I work for, so I was not worried about pricing. So I was able to judge dealers more on a "people level".. And they have done very well at Paramus Chevy.
Even after my salesman had to take a emergency leave to the hospital, the rest of the team semalessly continued to work with me, and knew what was going on etc.. Good stuff..
EvolutioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 04:18 AM   #7
intense1

Well Paramus and Hawthorne are pretty close to each other, so I'll visit both of them, unfortunately P.A. is to far for me. It's strange that there is no real review sites on dealerships (or at least I have not found any), I'm finding very little people experiences at local dealers, and for every positive review I find, there are 2 bad ones. My situation might be a little different than some, I'm trying to unload a leased vehicle (13 months left), so whichever dealership is able to work with me on that, will most likely get my business. Its sad I can't wait another year.
Old 04-21-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
RabanzZ28

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Dalessio Chevy in Boonton!!!!!! Must Read!!!

I have personally bought from Ayers, Paramus Auto Mall, Hawthorne and Dalessio.... Out of my 6 total purchases 3 of them have been from Dave @ Dalessio.

I had an "eh" experience at Paramus Auto Mall when I bought a 2002 Trailblazer..... Nothing stood out and never heard from them again, which to me is important to follow up.

Hawthorne I HATE. I bought a 2005 Silverado from them with a salesman who is no longer there (cool guy). I went back there to go from a Silverado to a Tahoe and I got into a verbal screaming match with the Sales Manager. Such an arrogant prick who actually cursed at me... Many people in the showroom left after witnessing it. (Long story short, tried to rip me off on my trade AFTER we negotiated the entire deal).

Lastly, I have bought 3 cars from Dalessio in the past 2 years. I bought a 2008 Corvette and a 2009 Tahoe on the same day after waiting FOREVER for the camaro to come out and I gave up waiting. After the Camaro was announced I decided I had to have the Camaro and was going to trade in the C6. I ordered a black 2SS and my car was the second car on order. After waiting (and calling the dealership basically every day), Dave, the owner, called me and said he has an IOM 2SS on the lot and his first order backed out. Now he could have easily sold that car at a premium markup (My camaro is #1744 and one of the first in Morris County) and made me wait for mine. Instead since he is such a stand up guy, he sold me his first camaro at sticker when the other douchebag dealers were selling 3-5K over sticker. (Hawthorne and Shumacher wouldnt even talk to me or give me a sales brochure unless I agreed to buy at 5K over!!!) Anyway, I would recommend Dalessio to anyone. If you decide to go there, ask to see the owner Dave and tell him Peter sent you. Just tell him I'm the one who biuys a new car every 10 months!!!

PS - He even offered me a ZR-1!!!!

Good luck!
RabanzZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #9
intense1

Thanks Rabanz I will definitely go there first. I think everyone has had a bad experience buying a car. A guy I worked with had a similar situation with a manager at honda, where the manager raised his voice and repeatedly cursed at him and his wife.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #10
jmiele

Drives: RIP
HB Chevrolet in Queens, NYC was a great and easy experience.
jmiele is offline   Reply With Quote